Halifax refuse to offer help on payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3795 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is on behalf of my sister, I'll keep it short but the story is as follows;

my sister split up from her husband 18 months ago, my sister remained in the family home with their 2 children, she wasn't working at the time, but following the split she was forced to claim benefits as her husband gives her money for the children, but nothing else.

Therefore since the split he has not paid any of the mortgage or any of the bills, he now lives in another property with a loan he took out.

As my sister couldn't afford the mortgage repayments alone I advised her to ask for the Halifax to put her onto an interest only mortgage until she decided what was happening.

She then received income support and child tax credit, together with some housing benefit which meant she could meet the monthly payments.

The mortgage is for £110,000 the property was last valued at £180,000 so she has equity in it.

She has since found a part time job so now receives no housing benefit

Halifax have now told her she must return to paying her full mortgage repayments, they refuse to allow her to remain on an interest only mortgage.

She informed them she wishes to sell the property (marriage is over) but the house requires some building work finishing that her husband started, before she can sell.

The refuse to help her in any way

So she has today asked the following

Can she extend the term of her mortgage to 25 years - they said no

Can she put the mortgage back onto interest only until she sells - they said no

Can she apply for a holiday from her mortgage - they said no

She called me and was very upset, I told her to call them and ask for an appointment at the branch and I will go with her. I'd read some info on the Council of Mortgage Lenders Website about their members offering all avenues to help out their customers.

So she rang them back to make an appointment, the manager at the branch has refused to give her an appointment!!! Told her she has to ring up and there is nothing they can do anyway!!! I'm furious!

So they will force her into arrears despite her informing them of her difficulties and then repossess her home!!!

I've since been onto Halifax's website where you can make an appointment online to go into your local branch about your existing mortgage!

So I'm unsure of exactly what is going on!

Any help please??? :!:

9-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent:o !! Lloyds and Halifax!

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Capital One

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax Card Services

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Marbles

20-1-07 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent Halifax (Birchave0's sis)

8-3-07 PPI refund Lloyds TSB Loan £1200 + £2900 off loan balance

22-5-07 Halifax *Won* £1025

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

anyone????? :???:

23-9-07 Goldfish 8k balance written off, £2300 PPI + charges returned, no agreement

Most of the people that would advise in this section have day jobs so will most likely be along this evening :) I will send out some S.O.S for you :)

I think we have some information in one of the stikkies that might help.. I will go find the link and post it back here for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/consumers/guides/worried

Do you know if the Halifax are part of a CML scheme or if they have their own ?

From what I understand through your post, the Halifax are pretty much refusing to help at all which seems to be in direct opposition from what I understanding they should be doing.

Is the mortgage in your sister's name only ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have you put your case in writing to them? if not you most certainly should do, and remind them of the Civil Justice Council's Mortgage Pre-action Protocols whereby if they refuse to consider alternative payment arrangements to assist you then they should have a good reason why to put to a judge in any claim for possession.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/consumers/guides/worried

Do you know if the Halifax are part of a CML scheme or if they have their own ?

From what I understand through your post, the Halifax are pretty much refusing to help at all which seems to be in direct opposition from what I understanding they should be doing.

Is the mortgage in your sister's name only ?

I'm unsure if they are or not, I will see if I can find out today.

No, the mortgage is in joint names, he just refuses to pay anything towards the mortgage, and came out with the old "they can repossess it for me" line :evil:

Have you put your case in writing to them? if not you most certainly should do, and remind them of the Civil Justice Council's Mortgage Pre-action Protocols whereby if they refuse to consider alternative payment arrangements to assist you then they should have a good reason why to put to a judge in any claim for possession.

She made a complaint yesterday over the phone, as she is not allowed to actually make an appointment!

We will see what the outcome of this is then I think we'll report them to the CML

As you've said she's followed the guidelines of what to do, and have had basically shut the door in her face :|

You need to get it in writing to them (by special delivery) it will help your case if it goes to court. If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll draft one for you.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

You need to get it in writing to them (by special delivery) it will help your case if it goes to court. If you need help with the letter please let me know and I'll draft one for you.

thank you, that's very kind

I will keep you all updated, in the meantime I'm off to surf the net and see what I can find

http://www.cml.org.uk/cml/membership/directory?alpha=H

yes, it appears Halifax are a full member.................