Perseus1

Front Light on a Moonless Night

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2178 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

For years I could not find a decent light that did not cost more than my second hand bike.

8221091536_70a515b19d_z.jpg

Then I found a Cree one with external batteries for under £30 (incl postage) on the Internet. It does the biz. Light on the right in the photograph (left when viewed on the saddle). Attachment is simple but effective. Not seen in the shops.

I still use a cheap headlight for town riding and as a spare. On the left.

Thanks for this!!! My friend cycles in all weather and sometimes long distances to see me and I worry as there is no street lighting.

I have mentioned this and I think he is going to get it.

I will look to see if I can find a second hand one.

:)

Thanks for this!!! My friend cycles in all weather and sometimes long distances to see me and I worry as there is no street lighting.

I have mentioned this and I think he is going to get it.

I will look to see if I can find a second hand one.

:)

Get new. I bought mine from a Latvian source.

This is one for sale. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/171052742999?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95 I cannot gurantee it is a reliable source though.

Buyer beware.

Get new. I bought mine from a Latvian source.

This is one for sale. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/171052742999?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95 I cannot gurantee it is a reliable source though.

Buyer beware.

:) thanks for the tip. That is pleasantly under £30...:)

It also means that a second hand one will be even more of a bargain :)

:) thanks for the tip. That is pleasantly under £30...:)

It also means that a second hand one will be even more of a bargain :)

No. This is LED technology with new battery technology. The likelihood of faults is much too high with secondhand. Strongly not advised.

i have a p7 version and it's great even lights up off road paths fairly well

from what i can gather the p7 versions are a wider beam and the t6 narrower

The spare light is only £1 in poundland and it is a very good standby. They will break after awhile but at £1 I can leave it on my bike. They are headlamps so I have to rig up a way to fit it to my bike.