Advice needed please :-)

vicki2k6
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

i have been through all the stages of my claim and submitted my MCOL on 13th October for a total of 641.04 (sorry i cant put pound signs for some reason). The total included interest and my 80 pound court fee.

I received a letter on 18th October from Nationwide, saying they have refunded a total of 542.28. With the usual bit saying that the amount they have credited to my account is less than the amound i requested on my claim...blah blah blah.

So, in short they have refunded me just under 100 pounds less than i have requested.

On Monday, i emailed Charles Bacon, requesting that the rest of my claim should be paid and if it isnt that i shall still be pursuing my cloaim against them.

I recieved a letter yesterday (day after my email) asking could i send them a schedual of my charges (which i stupidly forgot to attach to my email!), so yesterday, i re-sent my email including the schedual of charges.

But today, i received a statement from Nationwide saying that i have been charged 60 pound for 2 unpaid direct debit fees on the 16th Oct and also an unauthorised overdraft fee of 20 pound on 16th October.

As i submitted my MCOL on 13th October, i hadnt included these charges onto my claim (as i didnt know about them) Would i be able to add them to my claim now? and what should i do next?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

vicki xx

Guest Partypip

I dont think that you can add the charges to the claim already sent (although I havent got to the money claim stage yet)

I would ask them how they arrived at that figure, and keep the claim going. Nationwide seem to be paying a little bit less to everyone at the moment - not sure why

thanks for your help partypip :-)

i will email them asking them how they have arrived at that figure.

Does anybody else no if i can claim the extra money even though i have already submitted my MCOL and also receievd some payment to my account?

The 14 days for MCOL runs out v.soon so could someone please try and reply soon.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

vicki xx

I am in same situation - have lodged court papers and have another 3 charges (£90) coming out in the next week or so. Thibk it is a case of waiting till you get your money back from first claim and then write to them again and start the whole process again :s

But hopefully(possibly pie in the sky!) they may return them after a letter - seeing as they are going to close the account!

CAPITAL ONE Amount owed £480+ interest £52.95

Prelim 10th July 06

Reply with £12 difference offer of £168 27 July 06 Replied 9th Aug 06

Another reply from them 25th Aug 06 LBA sent 9 Sept 06

Reply of last offer for £168 received 28th Sept

Finally filed court papers 4 July 2007

NATIONWIDE Amount owed £507 + interest £27.98 WON :D

Prelim sent 9 Sept 06 LBA sent 9th Oct 06 Court papers filed 20 Oct 06 Won 15 Nov 06

BANK OF SCOTLAND Amount owed £275 SETTLED IN FULL

Prelim sent 14 Oct 06 Offered half refund 28th Oct 06

Sent letter refusing part payemnt 31 Oct 06

Full refund sent in a cheque from BOS on 3rd Nov 06

Hi,

thanks for your advice. I think i will email charles bacon again, as he seems to be the one who deals with all of this and ask them to refund the extra charges also, or else i will put in another claim.

You should have your money back soon if you have just put your claim in :-)

you cannot add these to the MCOl at this stage, you can send C Bacon an email asking that he save time and money and pay these additional charges now rather than adding the expense of additional court charges etc.

when they paid out my first claim they actually cancelled the 3 charges that were scheduled to come out of my account later that month. I have heard this happened with some other too.

try pointing that out to him too.

Hold out for the full amount you claimed in MCOL, accept nothing less unless they justify it.

Good luck

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Thanks Debt mountain.

I have just emailed Charles Bacon, and also wrote to Sam Phipps. I just included the extra amounts onto my schedule of charges (i should have read your message 1st!)

I explained in my letter/email that i will except their offer as part settlement and i will await the remainder amount. I also said that if they don't agree with the amount i have calculated then could they please provide me with a breakdown of how they have calculated the amount that they have refunded.

Do i have to do anything with MCOL? My claim was acknowledged on 18th October.

Many thaks for your help,

vicki

When I start a claim with an English court I have to post the forms down. when I get my copy of the court papers it asks that I inform them of any payment IMMEDIATELY. So when I have received a part payment I also inform the court. Not sure what MCOL asks for in this case.

Hi everyone,

just an update. I have just spoke to MCOL and they said nationwide have put in a defence yesterday, so when i get the papers i need to put that i wish to continue with the claim and then send them back to MCOL.

Does this mean that it will go to court to you think? Are they defending because they dont want to pay the extra 100 pounds? Sorry to sound really thick! but i am new to all this.

If that is the case, i'd rather them keep the extra 100 pound because i really don't want this to go to court, as i am stressed out enough as it is with it being my final year on teaching training.

If somebody can answer my questions please get back to me asap

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

vicki x x

That is exactly why they are not paying up the full amount requested. They want you to fold and they gain a few quid. Hold on and you will get your money. Worst case you can stop the claim half an hour befor ehte end of the last day they have to pay up, just tell MCOL you have settled with the bank.

The last thing they want to do is go to court. It costs them loads a cash for their solicitor plus travel costs all for £100. PLUS they WILL loose, the charges are unlawful.

keep the faith and don't worry about it.