Received answer today

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Sent DPA letter by email and recorded delivery last week.

Got reply today!!!

They have acknowledged that I have the l;egal right to apply for the records, the request is very specific.

They have waived the fee and have provided free of charge a list of bank charges.

They have enclosed a list of 94D charges - to the total of 416 quid.

I know for a fact they have missed out 200 pounds worth levied on in the last 2 months.

Are these 94D's the only charges that I can claim back?

Many Thanks

Hi

A little confused by this - what have they actually sent you?

If it is a concise list of one specific type of fee charged then it is not what you asked for. The DPA template letter asks for a full list of transactions and charges.

From your own infromation how do you reach the £200?

I would also ask if anyone else can explain what 94D relates to it would be very much appreciated.

Hi,

To clarify

They have sent me a list of 94D Charges incurred

The main bit in the letter states

" Having completed my investigations into the points you have raised I would now like to confirm my findings. Whilst I acknowledge it is your legal right to apply formally under the DPA for all the records we hold on you, your request is very specific. There is normally a 10 pound charge for a formal request, however in the interests of customer service I have provided a list of your bank charges since your bank account has opened, free of charge"

In the past 2 months, I have incurred 200 pounds worth of bank charges that are not included in this list. The list ends 28/12/2005.

I was so sure I had been charged more than the list states - but I may be wrong.

Many Thanks

Mo

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6582 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks