any help, licence revoked, new driver?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

is there any way of challenging a decision received by letter to revoke the licence of a new driver: acquired points by going through a red light in town, notifed by letter of this, not even aware this had happened, paid up fine and received the points.

rec'd additional points for speeding, not excessive, also just paid up the fine and then recd points in post, sent in licence to be changed (six points)altogether and now they have revoked licence but is NEEDED for work!

so - 'not even aware this had happened' means a query as to the validity of the offence not driving was so bad

also - 'speeding, not excessive,' means exactly that, not excessive, i.e. most drivers are not driving at exactly 30 mph in a 30 zone and there are arguments elsewhere on this site as to the nature of speed cameras and their suspected purpose of being revenue collecting, so please be reasonable and stop passing judgement

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Sadly there is no right of appeal. When you pass your driving test for the first time you will be subject to a two year probationary period. This applies to anyone driving on a licence issued by the DVLA. The two year period begins on the day you first pass the practical test.

If during the probationary period, you are convicted of driving offences for which six or more penalty points are awarded, your driving licence will be revoked. If your full driving licence is revoked, you will revert to learner status and be treated as if you never passed a driving test. To continue driving, you will have to get a provisional driving licence and drive with learner’s plates until you have passed both the theory and practical parts of the driving test.

You cannot appeal the revocation of your licence. However, if you appeal against the conviction or sentence which brought the number of penalty points up to 6 or more, you can apply to the DVLA to have your licence restored pending the result of the appeal.

If the court notifies the DVLA that the sentence is under appeal, the full licence should be restored without a further test.

There is no minimum period for which the licence must be revoked. As soon as you have passed both the theory and practical parts of another driving test, you can apply for a new full licence. However, the penalty points will remain on the driver’s licence for four years from the date of your offence.

After four years you can ask the DVLA (or DVLNI in Northern Ireland) to have them removed from your licence.

• Confused 1

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

thanks hagenuk, someones going to be upset.:(

thats useful info.

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

You sound like a dangerous driver to me....maybe its safer if you dont drive when:-

a. you didn't know you went through a red light?

b. you where speeding.

c. you admit to speeding

d. you admit to speeding through an amber light ( it must have been at least amber for it to have been red in the end)

e. You dont know it is an offence to go through an amber light.

f. You arent keeping an eye on the traffic lights

g you aren't keeping an eye on your speedo

f. YOU HAVE ONLY JUST GOT A FULL LICENCE

Use the bus:eek:

what a provocational and judgemental reply - however the post does not refer to me personally.

You sound like a dangerous driver to me....maybe its safer if you dont drive when:-

b. you where speeding.

c. you admit to speeding

d. you admit to speeding through an amber light ( it must have been at least amber for it to have been red in the end)

What kind of xxxx makes a stupid reply to someone like that. go and get a life other than playing keyboard warrier.

What kind of xxxx makes a stupid reply to someone like that. go and get a life other than playing keyboard warrier.
:D

thanks, I am not the only one to have had a finger wagged at me:)

Please refrain from insulting other users.

OP expressed an opinion in clear terms, you resort to offensive and aggressive terms. It would be appreciated if you didn't do that. Thank you for your cooperation.

:grin:

thanks, I am not the only one to have had a finger wagged at me:-)

Please don't encourage bullying tactics in others.

b. you where speeding.

c. you admit to speeding

This is your second post that I have seen in this forum where you have been provacative towards the person who started the thread. What exactly is the point of your posts? This forum is all about helping others, not putting them down with general comments that probably don't even apply to the original poster. You would do well to remember that.

b. you where speeding.

c. you admit to speeding

bandit8450

all of these remarks are speculative, inaccurate and can be perceived to be a personal attack rather than having any constructive purpose.

do me a favour! take some responsibility. The postings about and the info about reclaiming bank charges is great. In that respect We are being hard done to by an organisation(s). When it comes to trying to get off on parking tickets, the individual is responsible , as in this case, and they are simply trying to get off with it OR not take their own responsibility. Stone me, personal attack? get real.

People don't like it when they cant offload the blame onto someone else...simple.

I wouldn't have been quite so head-on, but I must admit my first thought when I read the original post was that if as new driver manages to go through a red light and get done speeding within a short period of time, the driver should really take a long hard look at his driving technique...

I am no great friend of the DVLA, but in this instance, I'd be hard put to blame THEM. Sorry. :-(

~*~ Please click the scales if you liked my post! ;-) ~*~

Sorry I feel the same and I am just in process of getting my license. If I make that many mistakes in such a short space of time I will seriously cconsider taking more lessons. I have two young babies and would hate to think I would be putting them, or any other road user at risk.

If he\she drives for a living then I sympathise. I knew someone who did this and the company were always clock watching and giving drivers into trouble for taking too long when the problem was due to the road conditions or traffic. He got several points on his license trying to keep his job before he realised it wasnt worth it and went and found another job.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

many people make driving errors due to a whole range of scenarios, and in the face of changing driving cicumstances and conditions, many drivers drive wihtout a licence, insurance and many people drive under the influence of drugs and alcohol, if and when these people get stopped, fined or find themselves in court, it will be for the judge to decide what degree of danger has presented. not everything is as cut and dried and asking a question about this issue is no more irresponsible than asking about parking tickets, many other posts here relate to speeding also. the truth is that no one is perfect, people make mistakes and it is foolish to throw stones without regard for this fact of life.

do me a favour! take some responsibility. The postings about and the info about reclaiming bank charges is great. In that respect We are being hard done to by an organisation(s). When it comes to trying to get off on parking tickets, the individual is responsible , as in this case, and they are simply trying to get off with it OR not take their own responsibility. Stone me, personal attack? get real.

People don't like it when they cant offload the blame onto someone else...simple.

like I said, this post was not about my situation, who are you to judge anyone, this forum is not for passing judgment on people as you seem to be doing so relentlessly. why are you posting on the traffic/parking tickets section if you truly believe, that people 'are simply trying to get off with it' - you are only posting here to wag your finger at others, shame on you.

There is a difference.

This forum relies on taking the moral high ground. We challenge bank charges because the banks act unlawfully. People who query PCNs can only challenge them if they have been incorrectly issued and therefore the other side has not obeyed the rules. And the few who have tried to boast about successfully challenging a ticket which was morally justified found themselves berated by other users. Because we take the moral high ground. Sorry.

The only argument you offer in your first post is that he NEEDS his license to work. One is tempted to say that if he needed it that badly, he should have been more careful about keeping it.

I know this is not the answer that you wanted to hear, but as you said yourself, people make mistakes. Your young driver is going to find out the hard way that some of them can be costly.

everyone has a different opinion obviously, but when it comes to challengint the morals of others, it is not for me to do so, like I said, nothing is that cut and dried, I have not suggested that exceeding the speed limit is morally acceptable, I have merely argued that people do exceed the limit, even the most self righteous people make mistakes, the question was asked and answered, there is no right of appeal.

ask around and you will find that most people are actually exceeding the limit for the road they are using, they will say things like, everyone was doing that speed,etc. If people want to get on to the moral high horse then, I accept that there is nothing to stop them.

the question was asked and answered, there is no right of appeal.

In that case I will close the thread as it seems to be going round in circles and you seem to have the answer to your question.

I don't see the point of leaving this open for people to argue over the moralities - you all have your own opinions on this and there is no need to argue about it.

If you object to this please PM me.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

christmasrallycag_468x60.gif

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks