Help..hmrc. Mistake about child tax cdts and esa...but wont backdate

vickic3
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3762 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I became unemployed in may so this is what i did

1.registered and claimed jsa

2. Rang hmrc explaining that i was no longer working and in process of claiming jsa (took dwp 2 weeks to send appt after making claim online)

3.made claim for hb and ct

when my hypermobility syndrome worsened at the beginning of june my gp put me on the sick so dwp placed me on something called esa on the 18th of june(contribution based)

£71.50 per week

hmrc sent amended award and stopped paying working tax element only paying ctc £164.00

doctor re issueing sick note every 2 months

i then recieved letter saying they taking £25.00 a week from jsa due to a social fund loan from when last claimed benefits (2006) so now recieve ....£46.00 per week after speaking to cab they advised me to get back in touch with dwp as i was not recieving anywhere nr the correct amount bcoz at 13 weeks of esa beneit it should go up ...ring esa...told to ring other number...then informed got to go for assesment 9th nov...21wks after claim started...and i rang them:?::?::?: Then rang hmrc:?: To ask if calculation was correct..turns out they have based calculation on last yrs wage...£13,500.00!!:???::???:

Even though i had informed them not working...i asked for this to be backdated as it their fault ..told it would be shared out over 52 wks rather than lump sum...this is not fair ...can they do this ??

vicki learoyd clark

• 2 months later...