Euro Car Parks PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Ive received a PCN from Euro Car parks today for overstaying my 1 hour free parking by 14 minutes in a shopping complex in Uxbridge. The car i was in is a company car and because of this, the registered keeper details (and hence where the PCN originally went to) are the lease company that own the car. They have emailed me today a scan of the PCN.

The date of "offence" is the 17th of October and stamped in big letters on top of the PCN by the lease company is "Received 01 Nov 2013". I make that 15 days and if I'm correct, when a PCN is issued via ANPR equipment on site, they have 14 days to issue a PCN?

Also, where do i stand with the lease company handing out my details to ECP? On the bottom of the PCN, it says

If you are a vehicle-hire firm and the vehicle was hired out at the time the parking took place, please let us know and provide us with a copy of the hire agreement and a statement of liability signed by the hirer under that hire agreement. Please note that we may have a right to recover unpaid parking charges from you.

The car is leased by my company and not me personally so even worst case scenario is even if the lease company gave out the details of the hirer, they still wouldn't get anywhere because its hired by my company and not me personally. My question is though, do my company have any legal obligation to hand out my personal details or is this just a load of nonsense on the PCN?

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Ive received a PCN from Euro Car parks today for overstaying my 1 hour free parking by 14 minutes in a shopping complex in Uxbridge. The car i was in is a company car and because of this, the registered keeper details (and hence where the PCN originally went to) are the lease company that own the car. They have emailed me today a scan of the PCN.

The date of "offence" is the 17th of October and stamped in big letters on top of the PCN by the lease company is "Received 01 Nov 2013". I make that 15 days and if I'm correct, when a PCN is issued via ANPR equipment on site, they have 14 days to issue a PCN?

Also, where do i stand with the lease company handing out my details to ECP? On the bottom of the PCN, it says

The car is leased by my company and not me personally so even worst case scenario is even if the lease company gave out the details of the hirer, they still wouldn't get anywhere because its hired by my company and not me personally. My question is though, do my company have any legal obligation to hand out my personal details or is this just a load of nonsense on the PCN?

Thanks

Hi there

I assume this alleged event took place in some kind of retail or superstore car park ??....First thing is first, No Offence has been commited as it is private land.

Could you please clarify how you ended up with the pcn from the lease company

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Yes it was a small retail car park. The lease company have my details as i am the primary driver of the car. The car is registered to the lease company so i would assume that ECP got the registered keeper details from the DVLA, sent the letter to the lease company and all they have done is date stamped it and emailed me a scan of it today.

I think this is a situation for other established caggers to advise you about lease agreements and employers etc, as I have no knowledge in this area....However it is a speculative invoice not a ticket relating to public highway or council....always remember that

Sounds like someone in the leasing company is switched on about PPC, as many lease/hire companies would have just paid the invoice and then billed your company for the same a amount - or more as they would have added on an admin charge, etc for them paying the invoice.

Sounds like someone in the leasing company is switched on about PPC, as many lease/hire companies would have just paid the invoice and then billed your company for the same a amount - or more as they would have added on an admin charge, etc for them paying the invoice.

Yeah our old lease company would of done but since we have changed, they let the individual deal with it for that reason.