Cheque Centre - help needed please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3825 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Evening all, again, still helping my stepdaughter with her pdl problems, this time Cheque Centre(CC). Brief timeline/synopsis follows

21/05/13 - loan taken

18/06/13 - loan repayment due date, failed as no funds

02/07/13 - letter rec'd from CC, stating no payment made, £30 admin fee added

17/07/13 - DN rec'd from CC, possibly non compliant

23/07/13 - Circumstances changed/SAR letter sent to CC

30/08/13 - SAR rec'd from CC and covering letter with their account details on

01/10/13 - letter sent to CC explaining back in work and payment made by online transfer

01/11/13 - second and final payment made to clear account by online transfer

CC have never called or e-mailed my stepdaughter

I have not paid the £30 admin fee added on 02/07/13

I realise I have no confirmed receipt of either payment (yes I'm a pratt), so I now need to force this issue.

Am I still ok to send a formal complaint and include that I want confirmation of the account being cleared ?

As ever, any/all thoughts welcome

Regards

vselym

"Every day, and in every way, i'm getting better and better" - Chief Inspector Dreyfus

Do you have proof the loan is cleared? Such as evidence from bank statements?

Is CC still chasing your stepdaughter?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Bank statements show payments made to the account details enclosed with CC's reply to the SAR

Other than the letters listed in post #1, they have never chased in any other way

Regards

vselym

"Every day, and in every way, i'm getting better and better" - Chief Inspector Dreyfus

Then let sleeping dogs lie. Unless you REALLY need that confirmation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks RI, it's not that I REALLY need it, I just want it put to bed so to speak. I appreciate I will have proof enough to defend any action, or stop any DCA in its tracks, but I don't want to have to do that.

Am thinking a simple recorded delivery letter asking for confirmation of account settled and closed will do. If they fail to agree or reply then I can send a Formal Complaint and escalate it to the FOS. Whilst they haven't been particularly awkward, their affordability checks were woeful and they may have to pay for FOS involvement, more people should complain.

Musings welcome

Regards

vselym