Requisition for court... please help

AlexOT
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3821 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

"You are required to appear at 9:45hrs on 20/11/2013 at Swansea Magistrates' Court held at... to answer to the charge that on the 06/08/2013 you were the registered keeper of vehicle ... which did not meet the insurance requirements, contrary to section 144A(1) of the Road Traffic Act 1988"

the car in question was written off in an accident on the 03 dec 2012...

i didnt notify them of that straight away because i wasnt aware that i needed to

they sent me a letter after (cant remember exact date) saying that i needed to pay a fine because of it which i did (the date i paid was the 17th of may)

i also told the person then that i thought it was the insurance that told them and they said it was my responsibility so no problem.. i paid.

i then sent them a letter to inform them of the details of the salvage company etc like they advised me to do after paying the fine to make them aware i wasnt the keeper anymore etc. i didnt have the log book anymore (lost it) so sent them a letter instead. they said that would be fine as long as i have all the details on the letter.

I havent heard anything since then until i got this requisition

im wondering if i am liable for anything seeing as i sent a letter to them? from reading other posts it seems to be enough to send the letter but not my duty to make sure they get it?

also.. is there a difference between this requisition? ive heard of a summons but not this... is it the same?

and can i not have a hearing at a place closer to where i live?? i live in southend so swansea is far to travel. if i do have to go there can i claim back costs?