Seetec Peterborough : re-appeal was allowed and they awarded in my favour

k2nyl
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3646 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi thought I would add to the long list of complaints for Seetec.

Today I found out that I was going to have my money stopped. Because the 5th new advisor had listed on my action plan the dates for me attending the wrong way round starting with the later date first. Sadly I got confused and did not attend the one listed later being the 1st one to attend, and attend the first one listed at the wrong time. Genuine error. I emailed my advisor to try to rectify this but guess what the useless Moran does not know how to communicate. Made a complaint to the centre manager he is just as useless did not address the complaint just kept saying the same thing it's listed in black and white. My guess is his priority will always lie with his staff as he is there manager. No phone calls or communication from them to be sent 2 good reason letters from the job centre. which is the first I knew about missing the appointments. Had they have communicated better and gave me a chance to sort this out. But no there are so gun hoe on stopping your money whatever. I have never missed an appointments or been late ever. But hey that's not even taken in to account. Found out also they get themselves a little bonus if they stop your money. Guilty until proven innocent. NOT A HAPPY BUNNY. The work program at Seetec is a waste of time. The staff are rude and useless. Don't even bother making a complaint cos that will get you no where. I made a genuine error which I was prepared to sort out and go in later that day another day but they don't care not interested in the slightest. You missed it end off.

Let's see what my appeal says when I get it back in 3-4 weeks.

Hello and Welcome,

I have moved this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards,

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I found out that the pressure made me miss an appointment. Luckily, for me it was just for signing on.

I had a rotten cold and was sneezing so that got me off with a warning.

It might be best to say you were under the weather with a rotten cold and don't make things too complicated.

Today I found out that I was going to have my money stopped. Because the 5th new advisor had listed on my action plan the dates for me attending the wrong way round starting with the later date first. Sadly I got confused and did not attend the one listed later being the 1st one to attend, and attend the first one listed at the wrong time.

The staff are rude and useless. Don't even bother making a complaint cos that will get you no where.

Unless your "action plan" includes specific working about mandatory attendance and the consequences of not attending (assuming you are a JSA claimant), the dates are nothing more than an advisory. See: http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wp-pg-chapter-3a-22-october-2012.pdf for details of the correct mandation process.

Rude and useless is pretty much a requirement for most WP staff. Not much can be done about that I'm afraid. However, there is mileage to be had out of using their complaints process - When it fails to produce a satisfactory resolution, you can then take it to the Independent Complaints Examiner. Should he rule in your favour, it will cost the provider up to £5000. Even if the I.C.E. decides against you, it ties up resources within the provider and if you also involve your MP, can cause discomfort at a higher level.

You can not go straight to the I.C.E. with a complaint as it will get rejected for not following "due process".

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Thank you for your link I will have a read through as I'm sure they have failed in some aspect being they did not communicate they where going to pass it directly to the Job Centre nor did they make me aware of any missed appointments.

I think I'd be wanting to know more about that! Such as 'why' and 'who pays'. Any more info?

My old advisor told me this they have since left. The money that would have paid ie stopped from you. It is taken out of that. I'm only quoting what I was told by him.

My old advisor told me this they have since left. The money that would have paid ie stopped from you. It is taken out of that. I'm only quoting what I was told by him.

This is not true. This is so not true it's not even wrong. WP advisers are not given taxpayers' money if they refer you for sanction.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Tangent: in the over 59 age group on JSA, 5% get jobs and 3% get sanctioned.

NB: I suspect some of them get sanctioned for not turning up in the first place.

Would be interesting to see if there's any overlap between the two groups - ie, do sanctions actually "encourage" shiftless 59 year olds to get jobs?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

My ongoing battle with Seetec almost culminated in me thumping the manager this Thursday. After being summoned to their offices yet again to be told I am not a voluntary participant, and me showing documentary proof that I do indeed fall under the category of a voluntary ESA claimant, the manager lost the plot and accused me (in front of witnesses) of bullshi**ing him and that I had a bad f***ing attitude (his exact words).

Another female claimant present at the time was visibly distressed by this outburst and started shaking, the manager turned his attention to another claimant a young lad with obvious speech difficulties who was harangued and browbeaten into engaging with the programme, I think he was simply shell shocked by what had just transpired.

At this point I was experiencing serious difficulty in controlling the urge to punch the manager.

I was asked whether I would prefer the Monday or Tuesday next week to attend and begin the programme. I declined the invitation stating that I would not be engaging with Seetec until they managed to provide documentary proof that I was a mandatory referral.

As one can imagine this went down like a lead balloon with the manager and he stormed off leaving me to my own devices, after about ten minutes he returned with a printout of a screenshot showing that I had a 6 month prognosis and was therefore a mandatory referral, I argued that JCP had got the wrong info and the best course of action would be to go across the road to JCP's office and sort it out there and then.

The manager didn't seem too keen on that idea and said he would contact them by phone the next day (Friday) and let me know the outcome, I'm still waiting.

I did have my mobile phone in record mode for the whole meeting but forgot to assign the recording onto the external SD card, my phone will only record a few minutes of audio on it's internal memory, so I lost the best bits which left me a bit gutted.

I feel fairly sure that my card is well and truly marked now, Seetec have me down as a troublemaker, so if I don't win the argument I'm in for a rough ride methinks:|

Edited by osdset

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

Maybe the site team could make a sticky advising people who are making complaints about the work programme providers to copy in their local MPs, the more people who do this the more pressure the WP providers will be under to stop the complaints escalating to this level and actually do something.

My ongoing battle with Seetec almost culminated in me thumping the manager this Thursday. After being summoned to their offices yet again to be told I am not a voluntary participant, and me showing documentary proof that I do indeed fall under the category of a voluntary ESA claimant, the manager lost the plot and accused me (in front of witnesses) of bullshi**ing him and that I had a bad f***ing attitude (his exact words).|

This is grounds to make a complaint.

Cultivate your fellow clients as a complaint by more than one person has greater strength.

However, beware of nutters amongst the client list as well. Some people have been in prison for violence and are released amongst the general public. Bullies make take it on the weakest person around.

Edited by Perseus1

the manager lost the plot and accused me (in front of witnesses) of bullshi**ing him and that I had a bad f***ing attitude (his exact words).

It is unfortunate that you didn't manage to record the "juicy" bits - Sending to head office, DWP, and your MP could have put this "manager" on notice. However, if the witnesses are willing to put their names to a formal complaint, you should certainly put one in. Follow due process, exhaust the Seetec/DWP complaints procedures and you can then refer the matter to the I.C.E. where it will cost them £5,000.

For the record, I have also been accused of "having an attitude problem" - To which I reply: "No, it is you that has a problem with my attitude."

The WP Advisors have not been on a Advisor course (probably). In their job specification NVQ 3 in Guidance and Advice is only a desirable quality.

For Career Advisors this qualification NVQ 4 is essential. Recommended.

Experience in Recruitment may be their only previous experience of the WP agents. Different kettle. :madgrin:

Edited by Perseus1

Well well! DWP BDC confirms that I have a 24 month prognosis. JCP have the same information now, it seems that their system had me down as having a twelve month prognosis back in March when I was first referred to the WP.

Somehow as if by magic the prognosis period has doubled. Hmm, more like someone didn't bother reading the information properly in the first place.

I want to take this info print it out poster size and shove it up the manager of Seetec's fundamental orifice, but it seems I am to be denied this pleasure, as JCP need to send a form off to Seetec telling them to remove me from the programme.

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

I want to take this info print it out poster size and shove it up the manager of Seetec's fundamental orifice, but it seems I am to be denied this pleasure.

You can still give him a (metaphorical) bloody nose and follow the complaints process through to the end - Once it gets to the I.C.E., it will cost the provider quite a bit of time and money.

Seetec informed by JCP in no uncertain terms today that I'm a voluntary referral that hasn't volunteered. Seetec manager responded to news like a bulldog sucking a wasp, happy days.

On a more serious note, I have established that any ESA (IR) claimant with an 18-24 month prognosis is definitely voluntary as far as the WP is concerned. Anybody else in the same situation should fight their corner, don't give up.

• Confused 1

that place is worse then ingeus tbh

I was there when it first opened and got in trouble for wanting to job search as opposed to filling out forms then got told by the lady manager that she "thought I think I am the centre of the world", they used to scold me for ringing the bell 3 times as that broke an unwritten rule, the receptionist constantly called me "babe" yet never saw nothing wrong with this

I had an interview which was odd and there was homophobic staff working at jd sports but the seetec was more concerned with lunch then helping me, they used to eat at their desk and call the dentist from their desk on the work phone (i think)

ladies used to knit there

people would read the papers or surf the net

recently I found out that a guy who works there gave someone a really judgmental attitude purely for waring a t-shirt that he didn't approve of

If some receptionist calls me "babe", they can expect a short and sharp rebuke - God help them if they start calling me "chap" - I am a grumpy old b***d for a reason...

The tee-shirt didn't say "Arbeit macht frei" by any chance ??

Received a call today from Seetec's assistant manager asking if I would be up for visiting their office so the manager could apologise in person for his behavior. Obviously the top Johnny is getting his subordinate to do the dirty work as he is p!ssing himself about me recording every meeting and stating that transcriptions will be included as part of the complaints to Seetec's head office via my MP.

Well, my answer was 'Nah, go away in jerky movements'.

Received a call today from Seetec's assistant manager asking if I would be up for visiting their office so the manager could apologise in person for his behavior. Obviously the top Johnny is getting his subordinate to do the dirty work as he is p!ssing himself about me recording every meeting and stating that transcriptions will be included as part of the complaints to Seetec's head office via my MP.

Well, my answer was 'Nah, go away in jerky movements'.

Which mp do you mean? It isn't Stewart Jackson is it?

Which mp do you mean? It isn't Stewart Jackson is it?

No, my MP is Lyn Brown (Labour), I've found her to be pretty pro active in the past.