Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2674 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Morning all.

A couple of years ago I took out a Wonga pay day loan (March 2011). Unfortunately, due to having my hours in work cut by half, I wasn't able to pay it back as intended. I contacted Wonga at the time and we're no help whatsoever and failed to agree to a repayment plan with me. Since then I moved a few times and buried my head in the sand with regard to it.

This morning, I received a default notice from Portfolio Recovery Associates UK Limted demanding full payment of the loan by the 14th November 2013 or they will: (quote)

- send you a letter terminating the agreement

- demand you pay the balance due under the agreement with us

- report your default and non payment to credit reference agencies

- issue legal proceedings for judgement for the balance due uner the agreement

Now I'm pretty worried as I don't have the full amount to pay by then and no way of me getting it.

What should I do next?

****** Edit

One other thing. I was fortunate in a way to receive this letter as it only has my name, street I live in, town and postcode - no house number so could have gone any where if it wasn't for my diligent postie :)

Hi, I'm not an authority by any means, but you will probably need to firstly ascertain whether Portfolio legally own the debt.

Maybe a "do not acknowledge" letter to Portfolio, and an SAR to Wonga, for starters

Regards

vselym

"Every day, and in every way, i'm getting better and better" - Chief Inspector Dreyfus