ESA or Incapacity Penson

stigofthedump
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3829 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am currently waiting for my Incapacity Benefit to ESA assessment - form submitted 4 weeks ago. However an old work friend has told me to apply for my RBS Bank pension on ill health grounds. I am 52 and I was aware I could apply for my pension early at 55 albeit a lower amount than at 60. I worked for the bank for nearly 26 years and I had to leave in 2005 on heath grounds. Anyway I have been told that at the banks discretion I might be able to apply for my pension now on ill heath grounds and that my pension that was a final salary scheme (currently classed as a deferred pension) and if successful pension is paid out as if you had worked and reached normal retirement age i.e. 60. If correct , this would mean I would be paid out more under ill health than if I just applied early when I reach 55. I know their are taxation issues but I am only claiming IB & DLA and no income support or other benefits - would take some pain and worry out of the whole ESA saga.

Any advice would be appreciated

Stig

Edited by stigofthedump
error

I think you need better advice than you can get on a forum. Taxation and amount of pension issues (it might be less?).

First stop might be the CAB. Difficult. For an experienced CAB adviser I would have thought.

Chat with the Doctor for the switch from IB. This is not always as bad as the bad reports say.

It is a bit of a mystery how DWP make their decisions. It is not really ATOS that decide. I have found what the Doctor puts on the certificate i could be important? As far as I am aware they do not contact your Doctor. Might do though. I would like to know.