Employer withholding p45, pyaslip and monies owed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone so i finished work on 17th September and have contacted my employer several times requesting my p45, final payslip and monies owed and they kept telling me they dont have my p45 so i rang their accountant today and the lady on the phone stated that my ex employer has had my p45 since the 10 October. So obviously my employer has been withholding this. The accountant said they would send me a duplicate but im still unhappy about the fact that my ex employer had had this since the 10th October. Can anyone give me some advice about this please.

All you can do about is to complain again and point out what the Accountant has said - and that you do not appreciate being given the runaround! If they still don't send it, then ask HMRC to intervene on your behalf - you are being denied a document that you are fully entitled to receive to verify your tax affairs.

As for the outstanding wages, write to them and head the letter 'Letter Before Action' and remind them that you are still awaiting your final pay (plus holiday pay?) amounting to £X and that if you do not receive it you will be seeking redress through either an Employment Tribunal (under Section 13 of the Employment Rights Act) or through the County Court (the fee is much lower) whereby you will be adding costs and interest. You expect to receive your P45, final wage slip and all outstanding pay within the next seven days.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!