Beware.... Macenzie hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3787 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just thought i would make people aware of the new tacktics that Macenzie Hall are employing., that is unless you are already aware.

For those of you who are already taking the sensible advice of not answering calls from these people, then they are using a new tactic to bypass their usual Non geographical number of 0141.... 0845.. etc.

They are now using std numbers which appear to be calling from your Area .... ie 01782 .....0151 .... 01626.... etc to encorage you to answer the phone.

The company on the other side of this call Market themselves as P.R.A, but to you and me they are Macenzie Hall.

I have received such a call last week, on a number of occasions, but missed them, and they leave no message, in the true way that these companies operate.

I had such a call on monday,missed it and decided to call them back. on the AREA NUMBER that came up on my phone qouted the referance number they gave me only to be met by the most obnoqis person ive ever to have spoken to

Durring the call I pressed them to who they were

After a sereis of bluff from them and denial's they PRA gave me their company house details which are ....SC255891... Guess who.. Yes macenzie hall...

Be Aware guys

Would like to make this a sticky

You MUST report this to the oft fca and their local trading standards.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Yes Sil, They have rung me from my local area, a number of times, and I thought I should return the call just in case it was important only to be answerd with a Glaswegian accent????. so aaaaaaai thought I would follow it through.

What I would like to find out is, How they can use a local area number?????.

Thanks anyway Sills

There's multiple ways to mask a call. The simplest is an auto dialler with custom plugins.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

There's multiple ways to mask a call. The simplest is an auto dialler with custom plugins.

I know that you can mask, but their number comes up as 01626xxxxxx and when I ring back on 01626xxxxxx it goes through to them. quite spookey, really

You should indeed make the OFT aware of this.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Not spooky really one you know how masking and voip redirection works.

For example with skype. You can set the id number to pretty much anything you want with the right plugin.

You should indeed make the OFT aware of this.

Thanks CB for your post.... I welome all of your recomendations on this post, and, I love a chalange. I would like to take them to task. but I would like to know if, what.. law they have broken ? so I could take them to task.... as Have I have done on afew occasions. I must admit that I thought that I was well versed on the tactics of Macenzie hall, but thit is new on me and thought I would give people the Heads-up

Not spooky really one you know how masking and voip redirection works.

For example with skype. You can set the id number to pretty much anything you want with the right plugin.

Yes it now makes sense ren how they could do it thanks

Edited by simonjohn
addiition for short response

Thanks CB for your post.... I welome all of your recomendations on this post, and, I love a chalange. I would like to take them to task. but I would like to know if, what.. law they have broken ? so I could take them to task.... as Have I have done on afew occasions. I must admit that I thought that I was well versed on the tactics of Macenzie hall, but thit is new on me and thought I would give people the Heads-up

I think both Roberts v HBoS and Harrison v Link, bring home the horror of telephone harassment.

In point # 53 of the Harrison v Link Judgment (below) you will see that the Judge has pointed out that a lot of the calls made to Mr Harrison were not attributable. Is this not what Muck Hall are doing ?

If you read the BBC article regarding the Harrison v Link case, the Judge quite clearly states that this type of harassment has no place in debt collection.

In Roberts v HBoS, the Judge clearly states that once someone has advised the DCA/ creditor they do not wish to discuss their financial situation on the telephone. There is little point in making the calls any more.

IMHO, to continue doing so is purely intimidatory.

Harrison v Link Financial Ltd ALL ER (2011).pdf

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This has been reported before, but I will alert the site team to this development.

They are a nasty lot and a big super complaint is being compiled by one of the site team.

I did look into this "super complaint", no one seems to know anything about it, SG ? However, I don't think that CAG would be able to bring a complaint of this nature.

Here you go, cb They can only be brought by very few organisations.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/OFTwork/markets-work/super-complaints/

BCOBS

I think she might be getting muddled up between the complaint Brig is filing against MMF and this DCA CB. At least thats the only huge complaint i know that is happening on the forums.

:thumb:

BCOBS

I agree with Cit B , i am sure that using local or other dialing codes would be classed as deceptive. One DCA used to call me from Liverpool , had numbers from all over the place.

I am beginning to wonder if its me or is everyone going a little bit senile, mixing things up etc.

BTW it is not the FCA until next April for anything to do with consumer credit. It is still the OFT and the normal complaints procedure escalating to the Fos

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Quote "I know that you can mask, but their number comes up as 01626xxxxxx and when I ring back on 01626xxxxxx it goes through to them. quite spookey, really"

I live in South East Asia but thanks to Skype I have a UK telephone number so anyone calling me from the UK only pay 1.5p a minute so do not pay the inflated international prices.

They could be using Skype

They tell me it is being transferred to the home visit department and then "Mike" leaves a recorded message and seems to stutter through the whole message. It has been transferred to the home visit for the last 6 months. On Friday evening I had 6 calls on my mobile in 2 minutes. Still waiting for the home visit!!

Hammy

Have you sent the telephone harassment letter heading it formal complaint

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387367-Harassment-by-Telephone

or

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387366-Harassment-amp-Threat-of-Doorstep-Visit

If you live in England or wales then this may be of use

http://www.oft.gov.uk/consumer-advice/CAB-overview/#.UnY2fTtIYpo

That should get your complaint passed on to TS and OFT although there is no harm in registering a complaint with the OFT as well

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I too have had this tactic deployed by MacHall after successfully blocking all their numbers they nearly had me by using my local dialing code...But something made me uqery the Scottish accent and when they asked to speak to me I demanded to know who was calling and when they told me it was them I said I was fed up with getting calls on my cell phone for this person and demanded they remove my number from their database..They have bought an old GE money debt from Link financial which is clearly unenforceable if this shower have it....at least, I HOPE so!!!!

Time to get that letter off, and tell them in no uncertain terms that you will take legal action if they do not comply as per Harrison v link