credit report check problems.

kaimoo86
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3650 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

This is my first post so please go easy on me,

I applied for a credit report from call credit check,

I went through the procedure to get my report

but they were unable to verify I am who I say I am so they couldn't supply my report.

I checked my bank account a few days later to find they have taken £12.99 out of my account which put me into an unplanned overdraft so I'll get a bank charge no doubt.

When I signed up I didn't see anywhere that they would charge me this

if I had seen this I would not have attempted it,

so my question is can they charge me this fee legally and if not what can I do?

The fact they didn't even supply my credit report makes it even worse.

I signed up to experian and they let me join and my pin nunber is in the post,

all my debt is ten years old with no contact with any of them and living in Scotland

if my report has defaults I'm hoping a simple letter will see all defaults removed.

Also I'm on mobile phone but accidentally switched to the desktop version of the site,any idea how I can switch back to the mobile site.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are probably trying to access the old library or were not properly logged in.

This link should see you access the letter you require.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387368-Letter-to-be-sent-when-debt-is-Statute-Barred

If you are still having problems, let me know and I will see what is going on :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I will send out an S.O.S for the other issues you have :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi, that is possible I found an old thread during a search and clicked on a link directing me to the letter.

I'll try the link above, but what about my money that I've lost :( it's more the principal than the money but I don't feel they should get away with this

I have asked the question of other ST members for you, as I don't know the answer. I would say that if this was done via your debit/credit card then you can ask for the transaction to be reversed as it was unauthorised.

BCOBS

Thanks I'll pop into the bank on Thursday and ask them to refund it, I thought I could only do that for unauthorised direct debits.

My bank has never been helpful'Halifax' last time I had a problem with a recurring payment I went in asked them to stop it and they said no they can't do that, after I told them they basically had to if I asked they eventually did after a load of questions about why I want it stopped.

I'll explain what happened to the bank but won't hold my breath, I expect they'll just tell me to take it up with the company.

Hi

From looking at the website, it says nothing about being free and even if it did say 'free' they wouldn't need your bank details would they?

Did you read the terms and conditions where the costs are laid out?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

SF, I think the main point here is that the CRA has said they cant verify who he is and have not supplied him with the report.. but, have taken the money regardless.

BCOBS

Your mobile phone/desk top problem can be resolved as below..

Tab is at the bottom of the main page to toddle between mobile and desktop

BCOBS

Yes if I had recieved my report I'd have accepted the fee, it didn't say it was free but it didn't say it would cost £12.99 anyhwere that I could see.

I thought they needed my debit card details only to verify who I am, if you think my bank will refund it then I'll try that and if not maybe I should contact them via small claims I know it's a bit extreme but it's annoying I've been charged for something I didn't receive

If they misled you as to the purpose they required your debit card details then that is a good reason to have them return the fee.

Did you ask the company to return it based on the information above ?

BCOBS

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

phone and demand a chargeback from your bank

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again

I got access to my credit reports

all is sorted now I have no debt,

Equifax reports very poor all because I have no settled accounts and I'm not registered to vote.

I''ll be registering to vote this week,

I've also applied for a cash plus card for the credit builder

I'll just top up with £60 and never use it so I can repay the loan.

I've also applied for a vanquis card and they requested ID and proof of address

so I'm hoping this means they will give me a card,

only issue is the default from black horse was showing on Equifax when I applied

so if I get rejected can I appeal and explain my circumstances?

Experian in October my score was 890 I think it was, it was good just shy of being very good.

I'll apply for some stuff to try and improve my rating,

I applied for vanquis and an Argos card I got refused for Argos

I think due to the elcectrol roll issue and

I'm praying I get vanquis which I'll use once a month to buy fuel and pay off on time every month.

My credit score on Experian has dropped from good to fair and its almost dropped to poor

last night I applied for a Halifax current account and got turned down despite having the basic account with them for over ten years.

I don't understand why I've been turned down for a current account with no debt and a fair credit rating

plus three credit searches have nearer sent me from good to poor within three weeks.

Does being on the elcectrol roll really make that much of a difference ?

Last night I searched a lot of forum and found a lot of different responses from no it's all a lot of rubbish it makes no difference,

but most of these were from a few years ago and I know a lot has changed since then.

I won't be doing anymore credit searches

I'll use the cashplus to get some kind of good history

and hopefully vanquis give me a card to spend £100 a month on to pay off on time.

I'm due an inheritance payout of £60,000 in a couple of weeks,

will it be a case most banks will give me a proper current account with a lump sum?

I think I was turned down by Halifax because although the black horse loan is gone from my credit files it's still on their systems.

Is it the case if I owe a banking group money that is no longer legally enforceable

they will not entertain me again in the future at all?

I owed rbs,

capital one

and black horse.

I don't know if that means I'll never get credit with any of these companies again

leaving me with tsb or Barclays even the co op,

I'll be approaching Barclays with my 60k and asking for a proper account but no idea what will happen.

I'll also need a business account

I plan on buying into a franchise and if I can't even get a normal current account

I doubt I'll get a business account,

but like I said maybe it's because I owed black horse and rbs will always turn me down because of this.

Sorry if I've bored you back to sleep but some advice would be good

P.s I have read all about vanquis but needs must, I don't need credit I just need to rebuild my rating

Stay away from vanquis. Trust me on that. Too much credit, especially with a high APR, is as bad as having marker son your file. Some lenders see having too much credit as a sign of desperation.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have no credit history and no one will give me credit,

I will pay off the card in full each month so the apr is not a problem.

If vanquis up my credit limit I won't let them put it any higher than £1000,

sadly it's the only option I have.

Not the only option at all.

It will still take you a good year or two or maintaining a really good credit history to have any real impact.

I have 2 CCJ's on mine,

and one bank account,

one CC and

my mobile phone account.

When the CCJ's drop off, as long as i maintain my current credit use, i should have a pretty good report.

Just please dont be persuaded to go with high APR credit cards, or the like,

simply because you think it will be a quick fix to a long term problem.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have a good report the only bad points are the electrol roll and no proven credit history.

If I don't get some form of credit how can I change the settled accounts section, I need credit to improve my rating or it'll never change.

I have no debt no ccj's no defaults I have nothing just no history

Don't use high apr cards.

Best thing is to get a mobile contract repay on time everything month.

You need to be on the electoral roll simple, this will severely hinder any account applications.

You have made enough searches for three months.

Save your inheritance and wait for a few months with the savings.

There are no credit searches for a savings account.

Nothing wrong with renting for a year.

If you rush you may damage your credit before you've even started!

Thanks Sam, I've no choice but to rent for another year at least.

I read last night mobile contracts don't improve credit or they don't make any difference to credit searches from companies.

It doesn't matter what the apr is as I would be paying off in full and the card would be cut up as soon as I built things back up

I also won't be searching for anymore credit till next year, I'll be posting my electrol roll registration form off this week.

The cash plus pre payment card will improve my credit file within a few months, i know thousands of people are in the same situation as me and find it just as difficult to get back into mainstream banking