• Tweets

• I hope Lord Frost is OK. Islamists and the woke Left are uniting to topple the West ARCHIVE.PH archived 18 Apr 2024 19:12:37 UTC  
    • Ok you are in the clear. The PCN does not comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4 for two reasons. The first is that in Section 9 [2][e]  says the PCN must "state that the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver and invite the keeper— (i)to pay the unpaid parking charges ". It does not say that even though it continues correctly with blurb about the driver. The other fault is that there is no parking period mentioned. Their ANPR cameras do show your arrival and departure times but as that at the very least includes driving from the entrance to the parking space then later leaving the parking space and driving to the exit. It also doesn't allow for finding a parking spot: manoeuvering into it avoiding parking on the lines: possibly having to stop to allow pedestrians/other cars to pass in front of you; returning the trolley after finishing shopping; loading children disabled people in and out of the car, etc etc.  All of that could easily add five, ten or even 15 minutes to your time which the ANPR cameras cannot take into account. So even if it was only two hours free time you could  still have been within the  time since there is a MINIMUM of 15 minutes Grace period when you leave the car park. However as they cannot even manage to get their PCN to comply with the Act you as keeper cannot be pursued. Only the driver is now liable and they do not know who was driving as you have not appealed and perhaps unwittingly given away who was driving. So you do not owe them a penny. No need to appeal. Let them waste their money pursuing you . 
    • If Labour are elected I hope they go after everyone who made huge amounts of money out of this, by loading the company with debt. The sad thing is that some pension schemes, including the universities one, USS, will lose money along with customers.
    • What's the reason for not wanting a smart meter? Personally I'm saving a pile on a tariff only available with one. Today electricity is 17.17p/kWh. If the meter is truly past its certification date the supplier is obliged to replace it. If you refuse to allow this then eventually they'll get warrant and do so by force. Certified life varies between models and generations, some only 10 or 15 years, some older types as long as 40 years or maybe even more. Your meter should have its certified start date marked somewhere so if you doubt the supplier you can look up the certified life and cross check.
    • No I'm not. Even if I was then comments on this forum wouldn't constitute legal advice in the formal sense. Now you've engaged a lawyer directly can I just make couple of final suggestions? Firstly make sure he is fully aware of the facts. And don't mix and match by taking his advice on one aspect while ploughing your own furrow on others.  Let us know how you get on now you have a solicitor acting for you.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Nemo advice needed please

jotty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a secured loan with Nemo Finance which started in August 07, at the time I recall explaining to the staff member that I was covered for sickness at work but she made it clear that because of my credit rating (yes why give me a loan then), that it was better we took out PPI.

Last summer my wife had a brief illness and was off work for 3 months so I submitted a claim, which wasn't the easiest thing I have ever done, which was agreed as valid a month later. It took them,being the underwriters, until the following January pay out and then direct to my account.

Does anyone think I have a valid argument for refund even if they have paid on one claim.

We have a secured loan with Nemo Finance which started in August 07, at the time I recall explaining to the staff member that I was covered for sickness at work but she made it clear that because of my credit rating (yes why give me a loan then), that it was better we took out PPI.

Last summer my wife had a brief illness and was off work for 3 months so I submitted a claim, which wasn't the easiest thing I have ever done, which was agreed as valid a month later. It took them,being the underwriters, until the following January pay out and then direct to my account.

Does anyone think I have a valid argument for refund even if they have paid on one claim.

I would think you would have a fight on your hands.

read through these links and you should get more information on this issue.

sorry for the short post this was just to let you know you would not be ignored on the forum.

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

Mis-sold PPI? Want your money back? use these links to help

in the second link are tons more some will be of use others not.

here are a couple that could help

For claims before 2005 and the FSA ruling from which campaign

How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

Quick check: were you mis-sold? - How to tell if you’ve been mis-sold PPI

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

alanalana thanks, I have been giving this some thought and I still think the misselling is in my favour.

However even though I have claimed, they intimated at the time that the insurance would cover payments if we fell ill. Now as it took them 6 months to pay out for 1 months illness, I dont see that as being in the meaning of the product they are selling ie monthly payments being coverered. And not doing "what is said on the tin".

I am determined to progress this but would welcome any alternative thoughts.

alanalana thanks, I have been giving this some thought and I still think the misselling is in my favour.

However even though I have claimed, they intimated at the time that the insurance would cover payments if we fell ill. Now as it took them 6 months to pay out for 1 months illness, I dont see that as being in the meaning of the product they are selling ie monthly payments being coverered. And not doing "what is said on the tin".

I am determined to progress this but would welcome any alternative thoughts.

This is a very good point Jotty you have claimed but the six month delay means you could have been in serious trouble keeping up with the PPI payments. So as you say the six month delay was unacceptable, You will have to come up with the small print in the terms and conditions on this one IMO. If you made an immediate claim and they failed to honour the cover for six months that is fine you would have a strong case for mis-selling a product that clearly did not as you say do what it said on the tin. If however your claim was delayed then they may fight back.

Get evidence on the terms and conditions, unless you have the original copy attached to the consumer credit agreement and take it from there.

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone give me advice about how to word my letter,

I have checked my records and loan was taken out on 10/8/07 for £16,000. Having now checked the agreement I note that I also have an extra loan for PPI for £3220.

Now as mentioned, I did atthe time explain that I had adequate insurance but like most just presumed it was a condition of the loan and was told that in as many words. My wife made a claim in August 2008 when she was off work for 2 months. Nemo's insurers didin't pay out until January 2009 through no fault of ours as all requests where dealt with immediatly to try and ensure we didn't fall into arrears. In the months between claim and payout we continued to make payments but I now see that they charged us default and arrears fees for the 2 months missed through illness.

So my point is this, a) I believe we where mis sold the PPI as we didn't actually need it at the time, b) The PPI did not as claimed ensure our payments where kept up to date and as a result we hav incurred charges.

I intend to claim back the PPI loan amount and also request the charges be refunded even though the loan is still in force.

Am I right and does anyone have any ideas about wording of the letters please.

• 2 weeks later...

Just received a letter from Nemo stating they intend to go for repossesion as I owe £800 in arrears on my loan even though we have been able to keep up payments over last 3 months.

The letter came the same day as a reply from them re my SAR, which they declined to give because my wife hadn't also signed the request letter as the loan is in joint names. Now me being cynical and bearing in mind Nemo are losing a lot of staff does this mean they are trying to clear the decks and get rid of us horrible arrears people quickly.

I am even more determined to slow things up with them so would welcome any tips on the wording of my letter re PPI when I get the SAR from them.

I seem to be having a conversation alone here everyone, can anyone please give me info on how I try and recalim, I have sent a SAR and await to see whats in it but as stated Nemo seem intent on repossesion so anything to prevent this is helpful.

Hiya Jotty,

Soon as you get the S.A.R information let us know and will will make comment on that.

As for the Repo you should make a thread in the forum below as it will result in a more targeted response.

Repossessions - The Consumer Forums

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update, I have sent a letter to Nemo requesting refund of the PPI, based on the fact we where not given the details of the insurance company used or allowed to seek another quote.

Also as it took them 6 months to pay out for a claim covering 1 month thus incurring arrears charges I have stated that the policy was not fit for purpose.

Lets see what happens. (oh and the possesion issue is also being dealt with).

• 6 months later...

We are currently fighting off Nemo finance over £1400 arrears, so far I have been able to get the matter adjourned by questioning what I suspect is a missold PPI.

The PPI was taken out at the start as an up front fee attatched to the loan, as usual it was suggested to us over the phone that we might be better taking it out without any further questions. When the loan agreement came the PPI bit was right next to the loan bit which indicated to us that it it was a condition of the loan so we signed it. At the time we received no Insurnace docs or name of who the policy was with. Back in August 08 we claimed as my wife was off work for 2 months and recieved claim forms from London & Edinburgh which we submitted staright away. Until this point we had no idea it was them and because of previous poor service from L&E we would have refused the PPI at the start had we known. It took them until January 09 to pay the claim and in the meantime the loan fell into arrears etc. due to the delay.

I have complained to Nemo and they sent me a lengthy response basically saying I had agreed to everything, however in the response they claim to have notified us in writing that the Policy was with Norwich Union which its wasn't, and that they had proof of my knowledge of this.

Now someone seems to be telling porkies here and it aint me, so I have complained to the FOS which has delayed the latest proceedings.

Do I have a case for mis representation and how does this affect the repossesion case.

yes obvious claim

matters not who its with nemo is your target

have a look at bobbydogs ppi thread

should give you everything you need

1st port of call is to knock up a spreadsheet

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the info, I have done an SAR and will send today for updated details.

Looking at my agreement it started in August 2007 for 300 months and includes the following PPI stuff

Optional PPI loan £3,219.25 at apr of 9.4%, so I presume I am asking for a refund of the amount paid plus interest based on the fact that the PPI is not valid as it is not with the company, Norwich Union, outlined on the letter I got back from Nemo in October 09 when they claimed to have given me details at the commencement of the loan even though I have no knowledge.

Hope that makes sense.

matters not who the ppi is with its nemos problem.

workout what you paid monthly for ppi

from the date of each monthly ppi payment, take that figure and calc 8% stat int [compounded monthly] to the date of your claim.

if you scan up your agreement leaving out pers info but leave in figure

i'll try and have a look see.

the info and the links are in the bobbydog thread.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

DX thanks for the info, I have calculated what I have paid plus 8% based on the £27 per month I am paying.

I am asking for a refund of the payments made and then the balance of the PPI loan to be credited from the main loan account is this correct, all based on the mis representation of the PPI due to full details not be supplied at the start.

On the agreement posted below the PPI is clearly next to the loan sig box and was even highlighted by Nemo for signing, the impression given throughout was that if we didn't have PPI then the loan might not be granted.

Nemoagreementclear.jpg

I have posted this on another thread but cant get a reply (mods please delete if app)

Can someone have a look at this notice and tell me if its correct, it was served back in October pending hearing which has been adjourned due to PPI issues but I just want to make sure I haven't missed anything. We dont have the envelope it came in so cant check date of postage.

nemodef.jpg

Edited by jotty

You have left a name on the DN Jotty.The only error I can see is the by date must be dated ie not 19 days.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

sounds ok

what figures are you getting

post them up and i'll do a quick check later.

dx

and they

Thanks Andy, name deleted,

Any advice on what to do next, as stated I am pursuing via the FOS re the PPI but am not sure if this will prevent the hearing in May.

We have continued to pay each month and am willing to pay arrears but not in one lump so any advice would be great.

If the case involves mis sold PPI then that is enough to render the agreement invalid in its self.Unless they are to refund and redraw the agreement with your agreement then as said the claim is invalid and in dispute.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

My god! looking at your agreement you are paying them for 25 years and will cost you a total of £49335.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats for borrowing £16000.

Its a complete outrage!

I would seriously look into transferring this loan somewhere else and over a shorter period of time.

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU AT ALL PLEASE FEEL FREE TO TIP MY SCALES.

NATWEST PPI SUCCESS £490 25/08/09

NATWEST PPI 2nd CLAIM WON £1135 02/10/09

A & L PPI £395 WON

CREATION CLAIM PARTIAL REFUND £1825 01/04/10 NOW OFF TO FOS FOR THE REST

BARCLAYCARD STILL PENDING

LITTLEWOODS DCA . DEBT WIPED OUT AND CREDIT FILE UPDATED 23/09/09

My god! looking at your agreement you are paying them for 25 years and will cost you a total of £49335.00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats for borrowing £16000.

Its a complete outrage!

I would seriously look into transferring this loan somewhere else and over a shorter period of time.

BLOODY HELL what a rip off £ 164.45p X 300 is indeed £49335.00:eek::eek:. i would sugest as ldg says look into getting this loan on a shorter period.

That's the totally unethical sub prime Market that the govt can't seem to do anything about cos when your down there is a long queue of firms waiting to keep you there

no chance with the arrears of getting a better deal which is why I need help!