pj2017

Can you actually get a Green Deal boiler?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2213 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I'm living in a terraced house built in 1890 and a backboiler that doesn't meet safety regulations put in around 1970. If I could get a boiler on the Green Deal and put it on the electricty bill, I would.

but looking at the terms, they will only lend a certain amount of money, up to the amount that they expect the environmental improvements would save on the bills each month.

As a boiler would be 3 grand or more, I doubt they lend me the money for that unless my bills were going to go down by more than 30 quid a month as a result of having a new boiler.

Which kind of implies they will only do the cheaper high impact improvments on Green Deal, like loft insulation, and that when it comes to boilers the savings won't outweight the debt repayments, and so you will struggle to get those on the Green Deal, right?

I am worried about getting in an assessment I pay for and then finding out they would never have allowed me a boiler on it anyway, and so I pay 100 quid or more for a shiny assessment...