Skillstrain - argh!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I am new to the forum and stumbled upon this by chance today, I didn't even realise all of this was going on!!

I took out the Webmaster Course back in 2008 and paid just over £3000 for it, via Barclays Partner Finance. I still have about £1200 left outstanding. Just like everyone else, I found the course utter rubbish, out of date and pointless. I did carry on with the books and actually sat the first exam but didn't follow up with the others. By then I had learnt that it was a waste of time.

For example, one of the 'lessons/books" taught me to use code that had long since been depreciated and wasn't in use anymore - considering the sales guy told me I'd be earning a very large salary; Pah! I wouldn't earn anything using outdated programming techniques!

I eventually became a web designer / developer after teaching myself the trade and programming languages myself from the internet, ebooks and tutorial videos found online.

Surely I can now do something about the £2000+ money that I have paid towards this utter pointless? Where do I need to start?! I've gone through some of this thread (it's long!) but not sure where to start and how to achieve my end goal. Or even if I stand a chance.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice given.

• 4 weeks later...

own thread created

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...