got a Charging Order on someone - can i charge Interest from the org date - HELP

Garwillis

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2827 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi people im new to this and could do with some help,

Ive been chasing a conman for quite some time (7 years) and had a interim charging order placed on his house back in April 2007

i then secured the final charging order on May 2010,

Now after i finally managed to get the order executed (June 2013)

ive been contacted by a solicitor today telling me that im due about £4000 which was £3011.03 owed plus costs £320 which is what the interim jugement states.

I questioned that the interest should be calculated from the inital Jugemnet made in 2007 ?

am i wrong ?

HELP he's told me that the sale of this persons house has to go through in a week and failure of me signing the forms to allow the sale

he'll therefore get a judgement against me to get the judge to say this s correct and ill then have to pay the solicitors fees .

. GREAT !

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My understanding is interest should attach to the judgment not the charging order itself. Presumably the charging order here just secures the judgment? And presumably the judgment includes an award of interest from 2007 if not earlier? If so I think you should push for the full interest stated in the judgment.

What have you been asked to sign? I'm not sure you should be signing anything at all until the money has been paid and received. If he wants you to help him out by signing documents before then, then perhaps he should be paying a bit extra for the privilege. If he needs to sell the house in a week that is his problem not your problem.

Why does the house have to be sold within a week anyway if the money has been owed for six years? I wouldn't be intimidated by what this guy is saying. Take your time and get completely comfortable with the situation before signing anything. It sounds pretty unlikely that he would be making any sort of application to court about the amount to be paid, and if he did the process would take months to resolve not 1 week.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The house has been sold through reposession by the courts and a company acting on behalf of the creditors solicitor is allocating the money.. he says its only from when the final charging order was made not the interim judgement was made ...