trouble with grighthouse

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4548 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

have been a customer with brighthouse for over 2 years and

have an iphone and washing machine out with them costing me £27.22 pw,

untill now i haven't had any problems with brighthouse as I have never been more than a week late,

however My partner is pregnant and has recently had to see a cardiologist and has been off sick from work

we were uable to maintain our payments and fell 5 weeks into arrears,

having read through this forum and listened to what yourself and lefty have to say,

i was concerned when my local store offered an account reset,

I asked them if this would affect my protected good status and was assured it wouldnt,

I asked if i could have that in writing and they refused,

i said i wasnt going to agree a reset without having confirmation or seeing the new contract

before they cancelled the old one so I could ensure both the payments i have already made

and my protected goods status were carried over to the new contract,

they told me that it was not possible to see the new contract as it isnt written up until the old one is voided,

what should i do now, I

have payed over £1000 for a £600 washing machine and still have another £500 to pay,

and I have payed over £800 for a £400 phone with another £100 to go,

i dont wont too lose all that money and dont want to be taken to court for repossession,

and advice would be greatly appreciated

many thanks in advance

chris

Hi,

have been a customer with brighthouse for over 2 years and have an iphone and washing machine out with them costing me £27.22 pw, untill now i haven't had any problems with brighthouse as I have never been more than a week late, however My partner is pregnant and has recently had to see a cardiologist and has been off sick from work so we were uable to maintain our payments and fell 5 weeks into arrears, having read through this forum and listened to what yourself and lefty have to say, i was concerned when my local store offered an account reset, I asked them if this would affect my protected good status and was assured it wouldnt, I asked if i could have that in writing and they refused, i said i wasnt going to agree a reset without having confirmation or seeing the new contract before they cancelled the old one so I could ensure both the payments i have already made and my protected goods status were carried over to the new contract, they told me that it was not possible to see the new contract as it isnt written up until the old one is voided, what should i do now, i have payed over £1000 for a £600 washing machine and still have another £500 to pay, and I have payed over £800 for a £400 phone with another £100 to go, i dont wont too lose all that money and dont want to be taken to court for repossesion, and advice would be greatly appreeciated many thanks in advance

chris

Update went in this week and they have asked for 2 weeks payment to bring the account upto date and said I only has a few weeks left on the phone, I never agreed to an account reset can they have done this without me signing a new contract? I'm concerned because if they've forged my signature i'd have difficulty prooving I never signed if it goes to court for repossesion down the line, I asked in store for a copy of my current agreements and account statements but they said they are done annually, what do I do now?