• Tweets

• If the legendary dx could offer his wisdom it would be greatly appreciated 
    • Hi there Manager for our soccer sixes team moved overseas mid season and we struggled for numbers so we told the ref about 5 weeks prior to seasons end that we would see out these games then be done and he told us he’d ’pass the message on to the relevant people’. Heard nothing, then 3 days prior to the new season beginning we were given our fixture for that weekend. Told the guy over text we had pulled out and the ref should’ve passed a message on but we were told sufficient notice wasn’t given and it needed to be in writing. I argued it’s not our fault the ref didn’t do as he said but we were countered by the T&Cs.    now being chased for what was £608 kindly reduced to £476 to pay off remainder of the season. Been sent a letter in the post from their accountancy team and told needs to be paid by Friday.   seen a lot of the other threads saying we can literally just ignore everything but im concerned about debt collections and credit score being harmed. Can anyone confirm if this all works/what we should do?   thanks
    • Hi,   I have given an official police witness statement for the prosecution in an upcoming criminal court case, and I am very anxious about what might happen.  Specifically regarding being cross-examined.  My statement is very short, and only a couple of paragraphs long, regarding a conversation I had with one of the victims.  I have tried to research online about what information about me the defence barrister might be able to find and use to discredit me.  I have by no means have a shady past but, I am concerned about what private information might be brought up, and as this is a case that will be in the national press as it is in the public interest.  The two preliminary hearings were reported in the papers.   I have tried to research  online what information the opposition can seek, but it is all very complicated.  I believe that they can legally access public records, but I'm not sure what information public records hold.  Can they access my medical records, educational history, HMRC, and Department for Work and Pensions? (I am a self employed sole trader).  I was arrested once, and this was unfortunately instigated by the victim in this case, so could well be of interest to them.  It resulted in no further action, however I have only discovered this week that that, in fact, this means I have a criminal record, and will be so until I am 100 (no chance)! This has really annoyed me to say the least, especially since I asked him afterwards why he rang the police and he said 'for a laugh'.  So I have started to look into applying for it to be deleted, but again, if anyone has any advice on this I would be appreciative. At the moment, my name isn't on the confirmed list to give evidence, but the detective I have been dealing with has said it is 'likely'. The names of the victims in this case will not be allowed to be reported, are witnesses fair game for the press? I really need no know how deep they can delve in to my life so I am prepared if my character gets assassinated in front of the nation. I really wish I'd never agreed to this.   Many thanks
    • A belated thanks dx. Yes I may take your advice regarding StepChange. I am finding that I am telling them (on behalf of my Son) the true balances outstanding? They never seem to check properly in which worries me. If I was to take on myself is there another way of dealing with various debts? I have already submitted other IRL complaints on his behalf. Today I have received a further response from Quidie T/A Fernovo confirming that they will waiver all interest paid.
    • Good evening  Case hearing this Friday 26/04. looking to have all my prep/papers ready.    just checking in to get update on my last post , ( the t&c’s attached). No name or address on them as per #49   thank you UCM  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Peujeot Just add fuel offer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

morning to anyone that can help!

I have a bad credit rating and so my sister financed a new car for me back in October last year.

I went for the Peujeot 'just add fuel' offer and got the entry level 207, it included 3 years free car insurance and 3 years free tax.

Im in financial hardship and so for £200.00 a month this was perfect.

My sister did not visit the showroom at all i made all the enquiries myself and told her the details on email.

She told me to be sure of the free insurance deal as this is really what clinched it (my current car insurance costing me £70 a month).

I spoke to the salesman twice about the insurance and he was well aware that the finance was going in my sisters name ;

I asked him if i would qualify for the free insurance as Id had an accident 3 years prior which resultedd in a claim.

He said that this was not a problem proving i could provide proof of no claims bonus.

I had 5 years protected no claims and so this wasnt a problem.

Before I called up and paid the £500 deposit - I spoke to another sales rep and confirmed what i had been told about the insurance deal and they confirmed what the other guy had told me was correct. i paid the deposit. As it was a brand new car I asked if i could pick a registration and they told me it was too late for that once had already been picked which i was a bit annoyed about.

they provided me with the details to call up and arrange the insurance.

My sister contacted them and sorted the insurance out.

They told her that they wanted her no claims not mine

- she assumed it was a problem at the sales office and made a note to sort that problem out later.

Then she received a letter from the peujeot insurance company stating that unless my sister could provide her proof of NCB then the insurance policy would be cancelled.

I complained to the sales man who sold me the car (all be email) and he didnt really understand what the problem was and in the end just said

- 'yes your sister needs to provide no claims' this is NOT what he said when he sold me the car

- him and his colleague confirmed it was me that need to provide the ncb as i was the one who had the accident.

I have not had to take out seperate insurance policy for this car which is cost me £65 a mont

h - so rather then the deal costing me £200 a month iots now £265.

Completely not what i budgeted for.

I was driving round in old bangers with my newborn baby these old cars kept braking down and my sister kindly offered to help me finance a cheap new reliable car so the fact im now paying £265 is not what i budjeted for.

Is there anything i can do

- i have nothing in writing about this as i made the confirmations over the telephone, all I have is my emails to the sales rep arguing the fact that he had misinformed me.

Thank you for your help :)

Sorry forgot to mention that for my sister to provide her NCB means taking it off her current policy and therefore her own insurance premium then increasing.

Well my first reaction is that you say you are in 'financial hardship' but you can afford £200 a month for a new car! Can't be that much hardship then!

In any event, i'm not sure what you have done is actually all legal and above board. I also think that the dealer wasn't fully aware how the deal was being made. As far as the insurance is concerned, this sounds like 'fronting' to me which is very dodgy at the best of times. Rather than you saying in the thread title you have been 'conned', you should seriously consider the fact that you may have inadvertently committed fraud. I cannot understand how your sister could arrange all this without being at the dealership to sign the finance agreement etc.

I think once the dealer starts going through all the paper work and terms and conditions (which clearly he didn't before hand), you may find it will open a can or worms for both them and you with the finance company. I hope I am proven wrong.

What you should of done is got your sister to do the deal in full and then allow you to use the car by adding you onto the insurance policy then sorting out who was paying what between you.

Thank you for your reply salior sam - sorry i should have mentioned that my mother is paying 50% of the car rentals due to my hardship. My old cars (I went through a few) kept coming up with problems and I ended up spending out lots on car repairs -it made more sense to do this - especially as main concern was breaking down the with the baby in the car.

I did not go to Peujeot with the intent on trying to commit fraud and I now feel really anxious about the whole thing - I told them the situation - that the car would be in my sisters name and they suggested that I could go ahead with the deal as a named driver. I had no idea that I was doing anythign wrong and I am paniking now.

My sister is a lawyer and was too busy to visit the showroom and so the paper work was printed off and I took it to her for signing, I then returned to the showroom with her driving license and a utility bill and they completed the sale, and off i went in the car.

I was only following the advise of the sales rep - i explinaed the situation to him and he just the whole thing was not a problem.

When you say

"I also think that the dealer wasn't fully aware how the deal was being made"

What did you mean by that?

How can I change my thread title and remove the' Ive been conned' to bit - to ive been stupid ? :)

What I mean is, I don't think the salesman was 'firing on all cylinders' with this. Either that or he is a tad 'inexperienced'. Which ever way you look at this, it's very 'fishy' indeed although I am not suggesting you have knowingly or intentionally done a bad deed here.

I'm sitting thinking hard about this and the possible implications it could have with the finance company. I don't think they will like this one bit if they become involved. Your best bet is to make as little waves as possible and get your sister to sort any issues out directly. I've never heard of anyone obtaining finance on a car without actually visiting the dealership to complete the sale. I'm sure when signing the finance agreement, it has to be witnessed for a start unless things have changed since I was in the game.

lets see what other opinions you get but for now, I wouldn't start complaining to anyone that you have been 'conned'.

It's also worth adding if the insurance did not mention you as the main driver it would be 'fronting' which can be fraud/RTA offence.

So if in your name as originally suggested - then fine. But potentially if in your sisters name but without you listed as the main driver - then dodgy.

Some salespeople say anything (knowing later its difficult to prove) to get their commission.

Hi surrey

It's done, I don't think we need to go down that route, 'to ive been stupid'.

'How can I change my thread title and remove the' Ive been conned' to bit - to ive been stupid ?' smile.png

Thank you Sailer sam for the advice I can see exactly what you are saying and will hold fire on anything for the moment. I understand where you are coming from and just so annoyed with Peujeot and so annoyed with myself. I should have know better and should have got it all in writing. The salesman was the business manager so i thik perhaps he was fully aware of what was going on - maybe

thanks again for the advice - much appreicated

Thank you Sailer sam for the advice I can see exactly what you are saying and will hold fire on anything for the moment. I understand where you are coming from and just so annoyed with Peujeot and so annoyed with myself. I should have know better and should have got it all in writing. The salesman was the business manager so i thik perhaps he was fully aware of what was going on - maybe

thanks again for the advice - much appreicated

I don't think you can blame Peugeot at all because I reckon had they had known, they would not of allowed the deal to go through the way that you have described. I think it is more likely the salesman was thinking more of his bonus than the possible implications of the deal. You (and him) need to tread very carefully because you openly admit taking your sister's driving licence and utility bill into the dealership to complete the sale. Surely you must have had an idea that that was an 'irregular' thing to do? Your sister should of made and completed the deal herself.

Lets think of this scenario; A person robs someone's house and steals their driving licence and other docs like a few utility bills. They then order a brand new car over the phone posing as the person who has been robbed and even send emails to the dealership saying a relative will actually be doing the deal on 'their behalf' but give all the necessary info to obtain the finance over the phone. The 'relative' then goes to the dealership with the driving licence and other Id papers (stolen) and drives away in the car.

Can you see where i'm coming from?

No I did not think it was irregular - I was dealing with the business manager on the sale he was fully aware of the scenario and said it was not a problem my sister didnt need to come to the showroom - all i had to do was take the paperwork for her to sign and bring in her ID. I didnt even have a thought that ity might have been irregular in fact i remember thinking that it was handy that i would not have to get my sis to go all the way over there and that she would be pleased about that.

I can see where your coming from completely though, I did not know that taking me sisters identification or anything i was doing was illegal but can see the predicament im in now which is basically im left with the car that is not going to cost what he told me, its more than i can afford, basically fobbed me off with misleading information to get the deal and now im out of pocket. What a pratt i am.

I will have to sell the car for as much as i can now pay off as much as the finance and be carless, well at least he got his bonus though! :-x

• 3 weeks later...

I have a Peugeot 207 on finance which was taken out last September. It was supposed to come with 3 years free insurance but the salesman told me the wrong information and Im now with a car that i have to buy the insurance for, which is not what i budgeted for and not what i can afford.

I need to sell the car but the finance comes out at £12,500 and I think the car is now only worth £9,500.00. Does anyone know if these finance companies (Peugeot is the finance company) will offer an early settlement fingure or will they require all the finance paid off?

I will give them a call on Monday but just trying to work out best way around this, cant afford monthly payments, but cant afford to pay off £3000 on finance to sell it!

:(

Edited by Conniff

'Will they negotiate an early settlement'. What figure did you have in mind and do you have the cash to make an offer?

What has the seller done about the wrong information on the insurance?

Edited by Conniff

Hi Conniff - thankyou for replying, I have another thread from when i was hoping that I would be able to with Peojeot that I had been misold the car but I was basically advised to leave it. Here is the thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?349277-Peujeot-special-offer-Help-needed&p=3826390#post3826390

No I dont have the cash I will need to sell the car and advise the buyer that the payment needs to go to the finance company and i will have to make up the extra - thats if the finance company offer a reasonable figure

• 1 year later...

I financed a car from Peujeot with the Just add fuel offer. It was a car on finance and then 1 years free insurance and road tax and servicing etc. I was financing the car for my sister and confirmed with the salesman that she would qualify for the free insurance. He assure me that she would and I even made 2 further phone calls about this before signing on the dotted line. the car was collected and a certificate given to insure for one month, we then had to send in necessary paperwork for the official insurance policy. It then turned out that in fact my sister did not qualify for the insurance. We had picked this car on the basis that the insurace was included. My sister at the time tried to find out if there was anything we could cdo but didnt get anywhre. Is there nothing that can be done we were completely missold. Now shes in financial difficulty and I feel really angry that she basically had to pay out £800 in a year for the insurance that was sold that it was definately included!

any advice would be great thank you

Bill

If you have evidence that the car was sold on that basis then you are home and dry.

If you don't - then it will be your word against theirs.