style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2718 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Chaps,

My bad luck with bikes continues...

I purchased a new cb1000rr ABS from Fowlers in Bristol in March 2012 as a replacement for a ktm rc8 that blew up. It is still under warranty.

The bike developed a fault with the brakes some months ago. The symptoms were spongy brakes with no power and the lever biting point not consistent. The lever occasionally comes back to the bar unpredictably with no application of power. The brakes are generally spongy.

The bike has been back to Fowlers 4 times to fix this. Every time it is returned, they swear they have fixed the fault (air in the system, bled it 7 times, leaking caliper seal where they were replaced) and every time the vehicle returns to me the fault quickly re-occurs (1 or 2 days). I have been unable to use the vehicle for some months now, as it has been either in the workshop or waiting on a workshop slot to become available. There doesn't appear to be any understanding of the cause of the fault or ability to test if it is rectified. There is also the issue of my safety. It's brakes FFS!

Clearly, I can't keep being a guinea pig and I'm getting incredibly frustrated at the lack of progress. I have involved Honda customer services, but they don't seem to have any solutions or sense of urgency.

Could someone offer advice?

(Note, this seems to be a theme with the Honda ABS sportsbikes if forums are to be believed... it's not so simple as a leak from the brakes, the abs system is an incredibly complicated setup that relies on flow modulators and is linked front and rear - the modulators are about £1500 each...)

Edited by 1hogan05
additional information

Use SOGA and reject it. Repair > Replace > Refund.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Thanks for the reply. Are there any rejection letter templates on the site? The dealership are adverse to accepting a rejection of the vehicle, citing length of time owned.

Thanks for the advice Kiki, but I'm already in touch with Honda CR (the proper office in slough)

If anyone wants the direct line, it's 01753 590 338.

I'm not getting a lot out of them other than that the contract is between myself and the dealership and I should take legal advice. Not what I expected from Honda.

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly isn't from past experience. The responsibility and warranty (at least for a new vehicle) ultimately lies with the manufacturer, since you confirm the supplier is a Honda dealership then the chain - sic- of responsibility remains intact.

The problem I can see (at least from the blurb on the dealers site) is that they have no brand loyalty, the response from the manufacturer might be a standard response based on this. After all you could just have easily bought anything other than a Honda at the time of parting out the KTM.