next directory debt being passed around

Bei
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3804 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone. I have a situation that I would really like to asked for your advice please.

I had gone to arrears with Next directory by 90 days after being a loyal customer for 5 years.

This is mainly due to a drop of income because of an illness.

They initially passed on the debt of £814 to Brecon Debt Recovery on which they have accepted a 50% F&F settlement.

I have promised to pay provided that everything is put into writing.

Now since the 1st letter(& only) they have sent in writing was not comprehensive,

the last letter that I sent to them was to confirm in writing about me from any liability to be pursued with the remaining debt & such.

I sent it to 3 postal address (Their PO Box, the registered office & also to Next) in case they would claim that they never received it.

I stated that, payment will be made once I have receive their response.

I never got a response after that but it has been delivered (sent it by recorded delivery).

It was sent on the 14th. Last friday (25th),

I have received another letter, this time from Moorcroft.

The letter they have sent is the common letter being sent by DCA's,

with boldly written "intended litigation" saying they have been instructed by Next to recover the debt.

Where do I go from here?

Should I write Brecon or Next

why passed the debt to another DCA when they have accepted the offer already?

Are they allowed to do this?

It is clear that I have no intention to run away from the debt since I promised to pay,

but all I was asking is a written evidence just in case they pursue me again in the future.

Or should I start all over again with Moorcroft?

I don't have a signed CCA with Next because I was made a customer from ordering online.

Thank you for any advice!!!

have you paid the F&F?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

It's a catalogue, nothing to worry about.

Your loyalty means absolutely nothing to them, your just a number, and a means to earn them money.

I've not heard of these lot, but could be their own in house DCA?

Next are solely responsible here, ignore anyone else.

Deal direct with Next, enter their complaints procedure and exhaust it, check your credit files also and see what is being reported on their and by whom.

Keep everything in writing, keep a diary of events, and pay no-one except Next and a maximum of £1 a month.

When was this taken out?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

have you paid the F&F?

dx

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I have not been able to pay them yet because they never came back with any response from my letter. They kept ringing tho, but I specifically asked to be contacted in writing only.

It's a catalogue, nothing to worry about.

Your loyalty means absolutely nothing to them, your just a number, and a means to earn them money.

I've not heard of these lot, but could be their own in house DCA?

Next are solely responsible here, ignore anyone else.

Deal direct with Next, enter their complaints procedure and exhaust it, check your credit files also and see what is being reported on their and by whom.

Keep everything in writing, keep a diary of events, and pay no-one except Next and a maximum of £1 a month.

When was this taken out?

Next have put a default on my file already on October. Brecon said it will be changed to partially settled after settling. I have also sent a 3rd letter following up their lack of response to my request, I have attached the 2nd letter. The account was opened on 2009, so roughly I was a customer 4 years.

OK, give it a few days to try and stop the crossing of letters in the post, which is possibly what is happening at the minute.

They will do nothing over night.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you for your advice. Do you think it will also help if I send the same offer to moorcroft stating that it has been accepted previously and cc both Brecon Debt recovery and next? Moorcroft gave me till only the 31st.

getting a partial settlement marker is as good as a default don't pay it.

have you all the statements?

have you been levied any £12 PENALTY fees?

have you any PPI on it?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

why passed the debt to another DCA when they have accepted the offer already?

Because it was all a trick to start with. Full and Final with them and they sell the remaining bit on to one of their pals so he can offer you the same and hopefully squeeze some more from you..

post 8 please

if next OWN the debt

then any DCA can go

they have NO LEGAL POWERS

they are NOT BAILIFFS

dx

and they

I think Next does. Coz, they are the ones who put the default on my file. First default ever. If only they have been more understanding of my reason behind falling out of payment.

What will happen if I ignore their letter tho?

if you mean the dca letters nothing will happen

you need to get all the statements via an sar.

deal with the debt in this manner

TELL [dont ask] them they are only going to get £xxPCM for xx mts

as a goodwill gesture

and as a reciprocal GOGW they must freeze int & refrain from levying PENALTY charges.

if they wont

drop them to £1PCM for life.

as an example>

LETTER 1

I am currently in financial difficulties and not able to meet my normal monthly repayments.

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £5 for 6 mts.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation change.

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture,

refrain from levying any penalty charges & freeze the interest on my account.?

Should you fail to assist me during a period of financial difficulty, contrary to all the guidelines and codes

issued by the relevent bodies and authorities that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions would do nothing to help me.

i thank you for your time.

signed

then pay by your internet banking site

and get reclaiming

TAKE CONTROL

if you have sent the above and they refuse

then write back........

.LETTER 2

i'm sorry, but you have failed to assist me during a period of financial difficulty,

against all the guidelines and codes issued by the relevent bodies and authorities

that govern you and the way you conduct yourselves.

i repeat again, the contents of my letter dated dd/mm/yyyy, for want of clarification:

to show my goodwill, i am going to pay £XX for XX mts

could you please as a reciprocal goodwill guesture, refraining from levying any penalty charges

& freeze the interest on my account.

i will update you in 6mts time or before, should my situation chance.

should you fail to help by refraining from levying unlawful PENALTY charges & freeze my interest,

i shall have no alternative but to reduce my offer to £1PCM for the rest of the life of the account,

as your actions are doing nothing to help me.

This is contrary to the rules you should operate under.

disgruntled account holder

dx

and they

to save confusion

you deal SOLELY with the original creditor.

dx

and they

Thanks everyone. Your inputs are very much of help. I just realised I have to be more firm and stop them scaring me. I'll update if anything interesting happens. They already defaulted me anyway, might aswell bring it on with them. Thanks again guys! More power to the site.

Was the default added on before or after you agreed the F&F?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D