automatically unfair - unfair dissmisal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In previous discussions reagarding the matter ,The reason i was given is that " because im a part time employee i must take my break at the end" this was also there answer to it in writing during the dismissal.

Edited by legalrights

Step 3. (please be patient)

1. After they said c you refused to carry on working because, as you had said immediately before, this would mean that you would have to work for more than 6 hours without a break.

Is this correct?

2. If you had carried on working until the task was finished; would you have remained at the workplace for the duration of your break at the end?

1. In previous discussions reagarding the matter ,The reason i was given is that " because im a part time employee i must take my break at the end (under any circumstances , even when i had told them i was feelign dizzy and stressed ,which i was again. )" this was also there answer to it in writing during the dismissal in relation to break at the end, i had not abandoned my duties,i had took my "legal" break.I had enforced my legal rights to a break.And my rights as a part time worker.

2. no i dont think anyone has to do that do they? although legally and contractually the break should not be at the end anyway.

do u actually have an example to show me?

Edited by legalrights

OK, so you refused to carry on working.(?)

Step 4

What did they say at the time you refused?

a) Fine, take off then (or words to that effect).

b) Alright, you can take a break now then carry on working.

c) We'll deal with you tomorrow...

d) Nothing, I just told them I wasn't going to continue without a break and walked out.

e) Nothing, I didn't tell them I was refusing to carry on working, I just left.

f) Something else. If so, what?

Yes, contributory conduct can be taken into account in an automatically unfair dismissal.

• Haha 1

OK, so you refused to carry on working.(?)

Step 4

What did they say at the time you refused?

a) Fine, take off then (or words to that effect).

b) Alright, you can take a break now then carry on working.

c) We'll deal with you tomorrow...

d) Nothing, I just told them I wasn't going to continue without a break and walked out.

e) Nothing, I didn't tell them I was refusing to carry on working, I just left.

f) Something else. If so, what?

Yes, contributory conduct can be taken into account in an automatically unfair dismissal.

Hi Marie - it's only "ordinary" unfair dismissal that deals with contributory fault. Automatically unfair dismissals have no defence :)

f, In previous discussions reagarding the matter ,The reason i was given is that " because im a part time employee i must take my break at the end (under any circumstances , even when i had told them i was feelign dizzy and stressed ,which i was again. )" this was also there answer to it in writing during the dismissalicon in relation to break at the end, i had not abandoned my duties,i had took my "legal" break.I had enforced my legal rights to a break.And my rights as a part time worker.

and yes i had informed some one the job was not done who as far as i know is responsible for arranging for it to be done.Then i left.

legally and going by the orders given , i was not in a position to continue without damage to my health

For now, forget about what had been said on any earlier discussions about breaks.

At the moment I'm not concerned with whether you took a break or whether you were entitled to a break.

I just want to make sure that you made your position clear on the relevant day.

So, on the date in question, after you'd worked for 5 hours and 31 minutes did, you actually say to whoever was in charge on that day something that has the same meaning as, " I won't carry on working until after I've had a break" ?

Yes or No?

I'm trying to definitely establish that, on that particular occasion, you either refused to do something, or you said that you would refuse to do something unless....

Because if you just said the job wasn't finished and left the case I found won't help you.

i did not refuse to do anything ,i was not asked to work on

there was nothing more i could do i did not know how to finish the job they then started to lock up the office

according to the company policy if i have a problem i must return to the office and inform the manager that there has been a problem which i done

its also not my obligation to work on after this point of informing them of the problem .it was not my fault they did not train me

I then went on my break legally entitled to me , which according to them should be taken at the end because im a part timer

I was then later accused because i did not inform them at earlier time (no specific time) then that was the problem

I was also completely stressed out because i had not had a break so whatever u think i should of done or wotever u can blame the stress

OK, the case won't help you as you didn't make your position clear to your employer at the time.

I'm afraid that, if anything, it shows how you'll be likely to lose your claim.

I'll post it anyway though, in case it can be of help to someone else.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKEAT/2012/0464_11_0302.html

OK, the case won't help you as you didn't make your position clear to your employer at the time.

I'm afraid that, if anything, it shows how you'll be likely to lose your claim.

I'll post it anyway though, in case it can be of help to someone else.

http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKEAT/2012/0464_11_0302.html

Completely agree - there is no claim here.

My gut feeling here, for what it's worth is that legalrights is hurt and angry, a very natural feeling when you lose your job however I suspect that there is more to this than has been told. Of course not knowing the full details of the work etc makes it more difficult to comment.....for example if you had half cut the grass and then left it that is one thing but if you had left a vulnerable person without heating or hot water because you had not fixed the boiler I would be a lot more concerned.

All I can suggest is try CAB or ACAS

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

I am not sure he is on your side, and when you say doesn't know the law why did you come here. It seems that you only wanted someone to confirm what you believe. BTW and it's a pet hate. I advise, you take advice.

How do you know who does and doesn't know the law, you obviously don't

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3822 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks