automatically unfair - unfair dissmisal

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

she said she wont post and she wont but its not like its my fault if she reads this now then she has more info , she just hates not getting the full info

With a valid reason - how are people meant to advise without the full picture?

I note that many of the more helpful advisors on here have bowed out. For future reference, you may get more assistance if you are more structured and cooperative in your approach. I don't blame Emmzzi for leaving this one alone - and she has had many people try her patience in the past...

i dont really care i think .. well i hope smokejumper has agreed with me its a vailid reason for unfair dismissal and a valid argument at ET thats all that matters to me.

theres no obligation to admit full details on here. But i understand , no need to throw a strop wen u dont get your own way tho

Becky

With respect I have noticed that on occasions Emmzzi has a rather short fuse and does a queeny strop very well. She puts all the queens I know to shame:lol:

I do not doubt her knowledge and frankly on this occasion I can't say I altogether blame her.

I do not know which company the OP worked for but i am guessing Emmzzi does. I also admit that it took some picking through to find out exactly what the grievance is.

Can you please enlighten us all as to who the many more helpful advisors are who have bowed out?

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .

Legalrights

I personally have my doubts about unfair dismissal being a valid claim however as you haven't posted the full story , not even a complete version of your side of the story how can anyone really help. I have a suspicion that you were an architect of your own demise , you got a notion into your head that something was wrong and pushed and pushed.

Again I suspect that any decision , even in your favour will not be helped by your own behaviour.

I may well be wrong (it has been known)

What I'm saying is I think I would have said at 5 .30 that I'm having a brew now and then I will carry on until 7. But then I don't know the circumstances of your job, I do think being told to have the break at the end of the day is not right unless it has has been put to a vote or local agreement.

Now I don't know if thats enough to take it to an ET, I don't have enough experience, but I do know from reading/studying that even strong cases don't succeed.

Don't take out a case on my answers, have another read of fletchs link and see if your still confident.

Don't upset Emmzzi she's not the enemy ;-)

I was not saying that they have a claim against you, however when it comes to the awarding of costs and compensation your own conduct COULD have a negative effect. It is not unknown for someone to win at ET but end up being out of pocket. I stand to be corrected if I am misinformed.

Maybe Emmzzi could confirm or deny that

Fletch is correct - you could win the case technically speaking, but the Judge could consider a 'Polkey' reduction to any award to take into account to what extent the Claimant contributed to their own demise. You wouldn't face a costs award as the case was found in your favour, but the net award could be nil if the Judge reduced the award by 100% because, for example, you did not lodge a grievance, or in some way caused your own downfall.

An ET is certainly not a straightforward matter of black or white - there are many shades of grey in between.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

I think that I've found a case that might help you.

But before I raise your hopes, can you confirm that all 3 of the following apply to your particular circumstances?

Let's do this step by step because whether, or not, the case helps you depends on a very precise series of events.

Step 1.

1. You had worked without a break for 5 hours 31 minutes.

2. You were asked to continue working in order to complete a (or another) task.

3. At that time you clearly stated that if you continued working without a break until the task was completed your working period on that day would be over 6 hours.

Are these 3 statements an accurate account of the first part of your dispute?

Can you prove this? i.e. Do the documents of the disciplinary/dismissal/appeal confirm that these 3 things happened in that order?

Step 2.

What was the response when you said that continuing to work would take you over 6 working hours that day?

a) No it won't, you'll be finished before 6 hours.

b) Take a break now (at 5 hours 31 minutes) then continue until the task is finished.

c) Even though the working period will be over 6 hours, finish the task then take your break after you leave at the end of the shift.

d) Something else.. If so, what?

Were you given any reason in justification of the response?

Can you prove that you received the response that you claim?

Were you given any reason in justification of the response?

Can you prove that you received the response that you claim?

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3826 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks