Demotion taken. Do I have to accept pay decrease.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3807 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a group leader salaried position within a uk company. Recently due to pressures, mainly down to long hours, an unresponsive, unskilled and awkward team and escalating pressure from my manager I broke down and advised that ro protect my health and home life I felt I couldnt carry on the position to the required standard.

I have seen several people around me end up having 3+ months off with stress due to the work environment. I did not want this to happen for my sake or the companies.

A position in the same department has been offered with a different title and reduced salary. The part the gets to me is people who have had forced demotions after going off ill have retained the same salary and I have had group leaders working for me with no other financial penalty other than a pay freeze.

The question is do I have to take the pay cut. After nearly 20 years service and having to fight hard for my promotions over the years its hurts me to think I was not offered any help to try to resolve my problems. I know I am a massive asset to the company with knowledge and a can do attitude above most others. It is almost unbearable to think I may have to leave the company to retain my current salary expectations.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Frankly, yes.

Your choice to take demotion because you thought it would suit your life and health better. You have not been "forced" to do anything. You are essentially resigning from your current position and accepting a new job.

If it was forced on you by your employer or their occupational health team, you may have had a case.