Thoughts in your day

Had a discussion on the internet other day with an American going on about how bad gay marriage was

After pointing out that there are other topic that deserve the attention more and are more of a risk to civilisation than gay marriage. After all, when was the last time a gay person detonated themselves for the so called Gay Agenda" or Flew planes into buildings or committed mass murder.

Agreed that those who actually harm people with hatred should be the target of our efforts than those who just want the opportunity to love like anyone else

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

thinking it is far too hot, why can we not just have medium heat instead of the oven! it makes me ill. I prefer it be gradual and build it up gently not in one hit! I bet when I go on holiday next month I will prob have snow!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Had a discussion on the internet other day with an American going on about how bad gay marriage was

After pointing out that there are other topic that deserve the attention more and are more of a risk to civilisation than gay marriage. After all, when was the last time a gay person detonated themselves for the so called Gay Agenda" or Flew planes into buildings or committed mass murder.

Agreed that those who actually harm people with hatred should be the target of our efforts than those who just want the opportunity to love like anyone else

Well done Sabre

Keep hearing the murderers in Tunisia were on the radar. Once on don't take off, or ignore. We all need to be vigilant as we go about our business as the murderers are always looking for opportunities.

ITV now tonight programme covers the threats we face.

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/11733369/Earth-heading-for-mini-ice-age-within-15-years.html

For me two main reasons why Tories won election, reliance on personal image of leader, personal jibes towards the opposition, promoting a presidential image to impress and the other reason frightening people big business would leave the country and your jobs would be lost if Labour were elected. Perception is key. This country is great in many ways, not perfect but when it comes to assets being safe, you're not going to get a mass exodus of business. They could lose everything in other countries! Perhaps an idea to have a referendum on making your vote count to give fairness of representation. Maybe George O is next for leader, previously I thought Oliver G.

News report we are at the same level of alert as Tunisia.

Greece need to kick start industry and produce for themselves and export, a plan for this first and then the talk of bailouts and pay backs can be considered. As it stands it's a black hole for cash but Brussells don't want Grexit as it then shows a union fits all doesn't work. A big conundrum.

Tories won the election mostly because of the potential for Labour to have got into government with the support of SNP. I live in the South of England, but the day before the election the Tories had a mobile billboard lorry touring the area with a billboard showing Ed Miliband and Nicola Sturgeon outside of no.10.

Also the Tories spent twice as much as all the other parties combined, so not a fair election. The Lib Dems had no money for a proper election campaign.

As for Labour, they were not offering a clear alternative. A very bad campaign. If you cannot explain why you are different to another party, you have a problem.

As for the current world, it is a mess. We could have WW3 within 10 years, but it will be different to the previous two wars. The various terrorist groups are joining together and they are taking over parts of countries already. The US and allies won't intervene on the ground yet, because they would incur a lot of casualties. Some of these terrorist groups have people living in western countries who will carry out acts of terror. The 7/7 type attack could well happen again.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There was the Scottish scare mongering as well, for me that comes under my umbrella of business leaving Uk partly because of the Scottish factor and comes into my reason of perception, perceive Scotland as the enemy. A call of join me to defeat them. Could be seen as racist?

There was the Scottish scare mongering as well, for me that comes under my umbrella of business leaving Uk partly because of the Scottish factor and comes into my reason of perception, perceive Scotland as the enemy. A call of join me to defeat them. Could be seen as racist?

Yes the Tories campaign could be seen by some as racist. The Tories see themselves as the party for England, hence English votes for English laws. They are no longer a unionist party.

I do not like Tories, after years of seeing their true nature. I just don't trust them. Some within Labour are the same. We have the new era of professional politicians who try to be clever. Telling lies seems to be seen as acceptable.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

all parties are the same I find, full of hot air.

I do not like the Labour party but that is my opinion.

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Greece need to kick start industry and produce for themselves and export, a plan for this first and then the talk of bailouts and pay backs can be considered. As it stands it's a black hole for cash but Brussells don't want Grexit as it then shows a union fits all doesn't work. A big conundrum.

There's no room for cut backs so the country needs help to rebuild it's economy in a credible way and make the EU feel they have confidence in Greece to do this.

Raising Fox Hunting again has angered and embarrassed many Tory supporters. Their view is there are far more important issues which need to be addressed and gives the impression the cabinet doesn't connect with the electorate. It brings back that Tory Boy image. The next thing is trying to force thru English votes for English laws, so they can force thru the Fox bill. I believe the people will begin to see what's going on with the blues in power and begin to embrace the SNP.

Transport workers told to work 24 hrs. This will eventually be embraced, but the government made it look as though it was an outright refusal by the unions, for obvious reasons. There needs to be more discussion as to how this will be implemented but the bullies can't be bothered with that part of the equation. Now, surgical staff have been told to work weekends. With this implementation, people will see how these reforms take time to put into place, and not that train unions are purposely difficult. The government just want people to have that perception.

MP's just awarded 10% pay increase. So there is money then. There is also a long recess in summer. A world away from workers just trying to get a fair deal, work life balance.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a news item about cartoons explaining the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The thought occured to me that the horror of the bombing, may have prevented nuclear bombs being used later, therefore saving more lifes in the long run. Had the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki not happened, how history would have been different. Would Japan have continued the war ? Would other nations have got hold of nuclear technology that was more powerful in the years after because the full horror was only theoretical ? Would the cold war between Russia and the West been worse, with the potential for nuclear war being higher ?

An awful event in history, but we don't often think about how the world would have been different, had it not happened. Perhaps WW3 would have already happened and i would not be around to type this comment on CAG.

why a few days before a holiday everything seems to go wrong!

• 2 weeks later...

Why do delivery drivers seem to expect us to be standing behind the front door, ready to open it at their knock???

Yes, I'm disabled so it does take me a little longer to get to the door, but the woman had the cheek to ask me, at midday, if she had gotten me out of bed!! I was standing there fully dressed, hair done, make up on. Evidently they let anyone drive, as I said to her sarcastically 'yes I always go to bed fully dressed'. she looked at me, obviously confused, and said 'well sorry about that'.

People!! Can't live with them, can't shoot 'em when they come to your door.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Thought of a new thread, but probably better here.

Have the public become too use to high death counts in accidents reported and it is no longer major news ?

Over the weekend we had the air show plane crash which has killed up to 20 people on the A27. It has been the first item on the TV news and is covered in newspapers, but it is not the big news story it would have been only a few years ago. A few years ago, we would have had continual news coverage and normal TV programmes interupted to break the news. Now it is just one story.

Thought of a new thread, but probably better here.

Have the public become too use to high death counts in accidents reported and it is no longer major news ?

Over the weekend we had the air show plane crash which has killed up to 20 people on the A27. It has been the first item on the TV news and is covered in newspapers, but it is not the big news story it would have been only a few years ago. A few years ago, we would have had continual news coverage and normal TV programmes interupted to break the news. Now it is just one story.

I think this terrible disaster will be the start of a discussion as to whether air show acrobatics should not take place over land. I sense this tragedy will be expanded upon this coming week.

• 2 weeks later...
There's been reports in the past on this drug but I believe everyone should be aware of it's existence, and from what I hear it's on our streets. Do we all remember on the news a short while ago, a small shop owner is seen handing over his wallet to a man who was a thief. He seemed to just walk in, 'hypnotise' the shop owner and the wallet was handed to the thief. We didn't hear any more of that incident but my guess is it's this drug which was used. If a small amount of the drug dust is blown at you, you comply with whatever is asked of you and you lose memory of what happened whilst under it's influence. Maybe there should be an advert campaign, what happens in clubs and bars comes to mind and any citizen caught unawares.

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/devilsbreath.php#.VLwD6UesWbM

It's raised again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3220379/The-danger-Devil-s-Breath-women-criminals-using-new-trick-blowing-drug-powder-victim-s-faces-leaving-like-zombie-s-ll-ANYTHING.html

• 4 weeks later...

It amazes me the stupidity of some people who think they are intelligent and well educated, but answer questions on BBC Question Time in an illogical way. Charles Moore the journalist and a Tory Welsh MP appeared to believe that the Prime Minister was the only person who could press the button to trigger UK nuclear missiles being used. If this was the case anyone attacking the UK would first bomb the location where the PM was. The truth is that there is a command structure and the PM is at the top of a list. The PM cannot decide to press the button in isolation or rule out using them. This is what makes the Jeremy Corbyn nuclear button debate a bit silly.

Yes UB. They're trying to discredit JC but imo it aint working!

We are really starting to see the true colours of those we thought really cared. I was disappointed to hear comments from a household name how we may as well live in China if JC elected. How ridiculous. This person thinks JC will rock the markets. The only people rocking the markets are those who peddle grim gossip which shallow city dealers use for their own ends. Challenging hefty rents and runaway house prices is a positive move, even for investors. If you don't address these issues, there will be empty property eventually, your portfolio is only as lucrative as those willing to buy or rent. Too much greed will desseminate that.

The Kennedys 9.30 tnite BBC1 back to the 70's:-D

Listening to how the gun lobby in USA dictates to a so called democracy. Money before people again.