• Tweets

• By the way, please will you send a subject access request to Halfords and make sure you asked them for call recordings as well as any of the details that you input in respect to your tyre order and any other personal data which they hold on you in any form. Get this letter off to them by email tomorrow and confirm in writing.   I suggest that you send the letter for the attention of Andrea Botha | Executive Contact Manager who will be aware of this situation.   https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andrea-botha-96b565143   I've written to her again and suggested that maybe she doublecheck the situation because of my understanding what you say is correct, then I think that she must badly have misunderstood the circumstances of this. Once again, I understand that you input the details of a Kia and Halfords recommended tyres fit for a BMW. They only informed you of this error after the tyre fitting had been booked. Your initial contact with Halfords after this resulted in a promise to reimburse you and it was only a subsequent contact with another customer services person that they renege on the promise. Is that correct?
    • We ended up with years of Thatcherism last time Labour went off the rails Loony Left - and Foot was nowhere near as loony as Corbyn lunacy   Thanks God the Libdems are better positioned today.   Looooooonnnnggg Past time some of the major unions and sane MP's split. They are almost certain to lose their seats and the country anyway, and union power will be trashed even further under the Johnson/ERG deregulation plans. and Corbyn will still not resign ...
    • Okay. We are very happy to help you get your money back. If you have the evidence that I have indicated then there is absolutely no problem and frankly I don't know why Halfords seems to be prepared to cause such a fuss to deny you your consumer rights and to save her company 40 quid – simply on a callout fee.  Now that I've called their attention to this thread I expect that they they will be following it. If you are prepared to issue a small claim then we will help you all the way including helping you draft your documents. Halfords will be crazy to allow this to continue – but if they decide to get personal about it then they will see you in court but the chances of them winning are negligible. It's up to you. Bringing a small claim is very easy. Your risk would be the claim fee which in this case would be £25, I think and then if they push it to a hearing about a hundred quid which when you win – if you win – you will get back. Of course we will publish the result here and show Halfords up as we have done before. It's amazing to have to go to this kind of trouble.   Once again, I just want to confirm that your case will be that you inputted all the correct details into their website and Halfords returned a particular specification to you which was incorrect. Effectively this means that they are in breach of their contractual duty to supply goods which are fit for their purpose. However, have you checked elsewhere in fact Halfords are correct and that the tyres are not fit for your vehicle. It occurs to me that maybe Halfords have told you that they're not fit for your vehicle when in fact they are. This would also put Halfords in breach but in a rather different way.  
    • @dx100uk Well my pro-rata offer is minus at the moment lol so I will look to modify it and offer the £1 token payment. Is that the right move? At the end of the day both they and I know that you can't get blood out of a stone and I am a stone currently   Thanks again sir
    • Hi, yes this is the same sort of response I keep getting about this. Yes so it asked for the registration number of the car, and this was inputted correctly. It’s then “found” the brand and type of car “Kia carens 1.6” etc and then came up with the “Recommended” list we then selected the tyres from. I have checked it since we bought them and the same tyre still comes up. In response to the lady above where we “assumed” we did assume the tyres would be correct in the list so didn’t see any need to ring to confirm if you see what I mean. We did try ringing the company but they were unwilling to provide information of supervisor. It seems like the company isn’t going to do anything about this.. 😕
  • Our picks

determindator

Thoughts in your day

Was it good :)

I only saw a wee bit.

If you get a chance worth watching the whole program.

If you get a chance worth watching the whole program.

George Kerr 78 of Scottish origin is one of a handful of people in the world to hold judos highest rank.

In my area the sky is greyish white windy and a constant damp drizzle atmosphere. Anyone else experiencing the same? Four days now. Is it con/chem trails?

Been ok where I am, maybe it is all the political parties crying as none of them are worth voting for!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

In my area the sky is greyish white windy and a constant damp drizzle atmosphere. Anyone else experiencing the same? Four days now. Is it con/chem trails?

Not so much constant damp drizzle, outbreaks of rain, cool, windy and occasional attempt at brightness, - hardly what used to be called summer weather, more like autumn.

Flaming June - my chilly backside

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended

I express my honestly held opinions - they are nothing more or less than that.

... Its just doing some due diligence that makes them seem unusual ...

Please don't assume what you see here is what I wrote - At least some of my posts HAVE been edited without my knowledge or agreement - or anything showing people they have been amended

Tobyj I'm glad you posted your link as when I was reading I saw a person's name makes me think what a small amount world maybe. I will check.

Same sky again today.

Tobyj I'm glad you posted your link as when I was reading I saw a person's name makes me think what a small world maybe. I will check.

George Kerr 78 of Scottish origin is one of a handful of people in the world to hold judos highest rank.

Yes, did know about him, my son was into Tae Kwon Do :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

On the seventh day the heavens opened and behold the blue sky.

Saw a plane in sky today first time in a week. They flew above the abyss. It was like a nuclear winter.

As for the EU voting time soon. Wonder if will be close like the Scottish referendum.

I can hear guns being fired quick rounds.

Want to tell us what you're on ;)

Want to tell us what you're on ;)

Euphoria and cynicism combined :madgrin:

I can see the light:-D:-D

The offence of Controlling or coercive behaviour in an Intimate or family relationship.

This is very helpful. Intimate can also mean a person who has befriended you and make you think it's a very close friendship, Imo.

I do think the BHS pension fund should be scrutinised and recompensed. It seems even the ruler of Monaco is not happy with the situation and can revoke the citizenship if their country's reputation is questioned.

I believe in responsible capitalism. The benefits should be for all not for one.

I think sugar added to food needs to be taken more seriously. We were were all more leaner in the 70's

It must be [problem] season! Had an email it says from HMRC and I have a refund of £476.23 to follow the link for more information. I deleted it. What's the odds I would then be asked for my bank details etc to deposit the money.

More pests