• Tweets

• Oil and gold prices have jumped, while shares have fallen.View the full article
    • Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Thoughts in your day

On 24/10/2021 at 11:30, unclebulgaria67 said:

I would never install Alexa or any other device which listened in to conversations so they could target advertising. 

And enabling Alexa to accept voice commands to order products from Amazon is a bit daft.

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Amazon customers can request all their data from the shopping giant, and can automatically delete voice data in the Alexa app

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Thought of the day

Poland border - wouldn't life be easier if we told the migrants that we would let them all in as long as one of them killed lukashenko first... 

I think he would stop importing migrants at that point

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

has anyone had  winter fuel payment??

I got my letter  about 2/3 days ago but it took 2 weeks to get to me! :/ xx How long is it before the money goes into your bank? Checked my account and nothing

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Still nothing in account, I know the letter says if not got it by Jan 2022 to ring, 

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Have still nothing, just impatient now lol,  am sure before the money went in and then the letter arrived? I know it says give it till Jan 2022 but be handy now! :)

Sandy, when did you receive the payment last year ?

I would think it would be roughly the same time.

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hi Uncle, tbh not sure but think it was November, the letter took two weeks to get to me as it is! lol, just a waiting game I guess :) xx ♥♥

not sure where post this and no idea who they are or where got my email address fro

Lender List Uk Loan Ltd
                                           Tell Phone no : 0203-239-9692
                  7 - 10 Adam Street London WC2N 6AA United Kingdom
                                    Contract agreement
 Dear, Client

Please read the details set out below carefully before signing the deal with Lender List Loan Ltd. We are pleased to inform that your loan application of £3000 has been successfully accepted by our company. The quotations, information, and content provided in the e-mail are not subject to change for the complete term of the loan.    

Description of your unsecured Loan

Unsecured Lenders Loyal-Finance Lending
36 Payments at a fixed rate of 12.80% = £98
This agreement is based on a loan amount of £3000
Please send us your Bank Account Details in which you like to receive your loan today within couple of hours

Our Principles Drive Our Purposes

1.       Ensuring a peace of mind for our borrowers

2.       Keeping lending process simple and easy

3.       Instant and guaranteed fund disbursal

4.       Funding Opportunity for everyone

We are the only lender who operates 12 hours service. Our customer service representatives are available 8am – 8pm

Removing the financial problems of our borrowers is our main concern and we do everything to achieve it. This is why we are recognized among the most reliable online direct lenders in The UK.

What will you need to pay each month Monthly payments?
36 Payments at a fixed rate of 12.80% = £98
This agreement based on a loan amount of £3000
This agreement assumes that the unsecured will start on 11/2021

What fees must you pay? 
Fees Payable to Lender List Loan lending on the name of Account manager into Merchant Banks as already confirmed your loan money has been approved next processor, we will have to set up direct debit and loan processing fee £50 This fee is going to cover the setting up charges, online loan transfer charges, along with closing down of the unsecured loan.

Note: Your admin loan processing fee £50 is adjustable into your first repayments it means that your first repayment will be only £48 instead of £98  

Direct Debit Form

Ref No. LUK2016
Instruction to your bank or building society to pay by Direct Debit
Please fill in the blank and send it by email:

Name(s) of account holder(s):    

Bank / building society account number:                                

Branch sort code:                                

Helpline Number Head office: -  0203-239-9692
Web address:  www.lenderslist.co.uk
Signature 

………………………………………………

Never heard of them but a quick look at their website shows they are not a financial lender themselves, they describe themselves as "an on-line network marketplace our service is free to you. We are a referral service, matching consumers with prospective lenders participating in our network of lenders. We will also use third party networks of lenders to help you find a loan that meets your criteria and requests" and "Our aim is to help customers find financial partners that meet their requirements. We are not a credit provider and cannot make decisions regarding your eligibility for loan approval."

The T&C and Privacy Policy on their website is vague, evasive even -  [the website is]"...operated by Company from its offices in Greater London...".  That's it! No phone number or email address, no office address, no indication if the company has an actual name other than its website URL, nothing listed at Companies House. Nor do they appear on the FCA list of authorised financial intermediaries.

One of my principles of how not to be scammed is never deal with a company that won't tell you the street address of its office! Nor one that offers you an attractive-sounding loan that you never applied for...

It gets murkier still. The  company who is allegedly offering you the loan is 'Loyal-Finance Lending'. They appear on the FCA website with a warning against them that they may be illegally offering loans in the UK without FCA authorisation.

Loyal-Finance.com | FCA

[EDIT] Just seen the emai header. Same email to a whole string of people. Definitely a scam. No legitimate lender would ever do that.

• Like 1

Just wondering if anyone else gets winter fuel payment?. Yes I know it states if not received  it by Jan 14th 2022 then to ring them but seeing as how my letter took two weeks to get to me  then I will prob have wait to 2022 for payment1 lol 🤣 

Just be nice to have bit extra this time of year xx :)

Sandy

thanks Ethel, not had anything, I get my pension every 4 weeks . I been checking account, my letter was dated  October 28th and took two weeks get to me! 

I will ty

lava shows no sign of stopping in La Palma.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Awesome, UB. I'm glad I don't live near a volcano.

My thought is on the 27 people [people,  not 'migrants'] who died in the Channel yesterday and the reaction to it. I'm saddened by the lack of compassion shown by some of the commentators.

How desperate do you have to be to take the risk of crossing the Channel in a small boat and to pay handsomely for the privilege? I can't claim to understand the asylum system but it's being said that legal ways of claiming asylum in the UK have been shut down, so this is the only way for many people.

I read elsewhere that the father of one family worked for the British in Afghanistan and had waited so long for help from us that he decided to take matters into his own hands.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Closing off all safer options forces abject refugees to approach our shores by the most perilous means

Illegitimi non carborundum

That interpreters who worked for the UK in Afghanistan were left in such a position is a damning and unconscionable scar on the UK's fractional remaining credibility and honour

That other migrants seem to think that the UK under Johnson and Patel is A let alone THE place to risk your life to get to after crossing the EU seems rather strange to me.

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

The Tory Legacy

anyone else got snow!

Yes snowing here near Bristol, but not settling yet.

was proper winter wonderland - but all being washed away by drizzle and wind now

The Tory Legacy

had a fair bit here but now all gone