Thoughts in your day

I think combined with already empty shelves you will most likely be right

The only good news is that when people realise they don't need 150 tins of beans they might just donate them to a food bank

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Well bad news

Away resorts just cancelled our Isle of Wight holiday with 3 weeks notice

Apparently they've dug up the camping pitches to put more statics in

Why they couldn't wait until the end of camping season (2 weeks after our stay) I don't know

• Sad 1

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

please someone shoot Newsbot! getting totally ridiculous now,  all I gets is lines and lines of News bot until I come to the posts I want to read! 😕 not impressed, 

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

When activity is low from normal users Newsbot threads will appear dominant...that's the only activity being reported..

Andy

• Like 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

On 22/09/2021 at 08:37, labrat said:

Well bad news

Away resorts just cancelled our Isle of Wight holiday with 3 weeks notice

Apparently they've dug up the camping pitches to put more statics in

Why they couldn't wait until the end of camping season (2 weeks after our stay) I don't know

Well all in all I'm a little more cheerful now

Got the holiday refunded (£230)

Quoted package Travel regs at them (ferry also booked through them) and got £50 compensation and an offer of money off our next stay 

New campsite is £190 so that leaves a little bit left over for a couple of nice meals out

Will miss not going to the island though but have booked into Prestatyn which while nice isn't quite what we wanted

• Like 1

Please note:

I see the US Government are running out of money again.

Just imagine a world where money ceases to be a tradeable commodity !

There is a trend towards a bartering economy, where businesses trade in a virtual currency, which relates to x value in goods and services. The only thing I don't understand is how people would then pay mortgages etc.

WWW.REUTERS.COM

U.S. Senate Republicans for a second day in a row blocked a bid by President Joe Biden's Democrats to head off a potentially crippling...

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

they will have to lend some more off China ...

which debt is reported as far smaller than it actually is as China and Japan effectively supply funds for a lot of the US institutional creditors

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

so face book and messenger both down yet again! 😕

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

heard so, but hadn't noticed - whatsapp too

Not just the apps - their entire systems out

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

it can stay down! lol, no update on when it be back lol

• Haha 1

Wonder if it a coincidence that all the Facebook whistle blower stuff is hitting the fan currently?

Mind you the 60 minutes report was sadly unimpressive

- as was cleggs poor effort at earning his pieces of silver

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

• 2 weeks later...

This is hilarious !!!

Women wearing a top with a large logo showing, is confused by a number plate recognition system computer as a car.   The car owner then receives a contravention notice in the post.

METRO.CO.UK

Her T-shirt was mistaken for a number plate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Happy Birthday to me!!!!!!1 lol

Also remembering Aberfan xx :(

thank you Uncle xx

is installing an Alexa type device in your home similar to having bug listening devices installed by Police or security services ?

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Amazon customers can request all their data from the shopping giant, and can automatically delete voice data in the Alexa app

I remember a similar issue with a customer claiming that 'alexia' had ordered something that wasn't ordered and when it should have been off,

.. with Amazon quoting evidence that they had that the customer had said a word 'similar' to the activation word - which 'accidentally' activated it .. followed by 'accidental' ordering due to interpreting what was said

I would not ever consider one of these things in my house.

The Tory Legacy

UK.YAHOO.COM

<strong>Exclusive: </strong> Clean air groups write to expenses watchdog as investigation finds 116 MPs expensing anti-pollution charges

I would never install Alexa or any other device which listened in to conversations so they could target advertising. 

And enabling Alexa to accept voice commands to order products from Amazon is a bit daft.

• I agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

can someone help me please and sorry this is probably in the wrong place!

I need help with my comp, I am using windows 8/8.1 and normally the on/off button etc are always at the bottom left hand side. but now they have gone to the top right hand side thus cutting the screen size down, I have no idea how to rectify this and have   tried, I am not a techno  person! lol

Thank you

Sandy

Hi Sandy, there are all sorts of options for moving stuff

Try hover the arrow over the on/off etc bar, click and hold the click, while holding the click drag the bar where you want it.

You can do allsorts with the start screen - even make it look more like windows 7

I just stayed with 7

some examples

WWW.COMPUTERHOPE.COM

Steps on how to get the start button like previous versions of Windows back in Windows 8.

WWW.TECHREPUBLIC.COM

Greg Shultz highlights several new enhancements to the Start Screen in WIndows 8.1 that you can use to make it look and feel more like the Start...

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

TJ, tried  that, did not work, 

it is annoying now as got about 3/4 of  the screen showing now instead of a full screen with the icons normally at the bottom but now decided to go to the right side at the top!  Have looked online and tried most but nothing as yet has worked, it only did this tonight!

sorted xx ty

• Like 1