Thoughts in your day

shells, shmells, dinner plates .. its all the same

WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK

Researchers observe animals raising arms in direction of thrower or ducking in anticipation

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

That seems straightforwardly corrupt.  Shouldn’t they both be in jail?”

Sarah Harding from Girls Aloud has died at age 39. So sad and far too young.

RIP, Sarah.

WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM

Bringing charisma to the hugely successful band, Harding was diagnosed in August 2020 and wrote a memoir during her illness

Illegitimi non carborundum

Could not find a specific Paypal forum. 

Most threads related to Paypal have been posted to online stores.

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/158-online-stores/

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

On 15/08/2021 at 13:02, snowdragon said:

hi HB   no it is all sorts of stuff, some is for jobs, the whole page at times is swamped with items from news bot

Sandy xx

Whats newsbot?

Is it all that unrelenting drivel that used to be at the top every page using twice as much bandwidth as the forum pages you are trying to see,  or the unrelenting blurb about other threads and god knows what that I used to see taking up the whole l/h side of the pages that used to soak up my sometimes limited bandwidth and even more limited screen space?

They make my browser work quite hard shutting the scripts down, but i get almost full pages of what I come for now, although my main browser cant even log on here again.

God knows how many people try a few times, and those that  eventually connect and see reams and reams of telly tubby colouring book in their face or OH OH page you've just clicked on  doesnt exist .... and leave.

I still get that uhh oh page LOTS

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

“This is specifically not allowed. Mr. Mansour used to be a Cabinet Minister in Egypt, he has given the Tories a huge amount of money, and immediately gets a knighthood.

You only log into two topics everyday anyway both in the bear garden....nothing consumer related...no advice or assistance given to anyone.

So not sure why you are  having problems searching...what's you searching for ?  🤣

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

I'm not searching for anything - the uh uhs are simply from clicking on 'last page; from the page list at the bottom of forum threads or even a few pages before the alleged last page on some of the very limited threads I look at

... or even from a link in emails received from here.

I laegely gave up on the rest long ago.

Although should you bother to look back, I did help a few times when I could be bothered to circumvent the issues, but the 'hostile environment disincentivised that - and not just conniff  despite him doing a populist and pointing at others

- as previously stated and commonly de-listed.

- although your critique is generally accepted as valid

and I'll act on it as per your example

I didnt want to be associated with threads where forum representatives told clearly forum inexperienced people to read through the threads on the subject as that had been answered before somewhere or other,  or a long period where people were told to 'take them to small claims court 'you'll likely win if you do it right .. probably putting them off here forever

-yes it probably would work, and yes that would shake up the repeat offense businesses, but people are afraid of that and the fallout and costs should they simply get something they know nothing about wrong.

Mind you, this is also a critique, albeit intended as informative if unlikely to end up being constructive.

The Tory Legacy

5 hours ago, tobyjugg2 said:

God knows how many people try a few times, and those that  eventually connect and see reams and reams of telly tubby colouring book in their face or OH OH page you've just clicked on  doesnt exist .... and leave.

I still get that uhh oh page LOTS

Perhaps focus on that

The Tory Legacy

Now its interesting that when I click on 'last' page of the above exampled thread I get uh oh

but if I embed that very same link from the uh oh as above  - I get the above not uh oh

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

but when I click on the embedded link above - I get uh oh

The Tory Legacy

I click on bear garden:

If I click on unread content I see some posts I haven't read throughout the site HB ??

If I click on new posts tab - I see posts from all over the site

Not sure what you mean by red star or circle Am I missing something in your question?

The Tory Legacy

The star is not clickable on mine but I marked site read a while ago.

If you scroll  down to the ARTICLE 50 discussion mine says 199 (last page WHEN HOVERED) with a whinge from Conniff listed as the last post but I get uh oh when i click on it

The Tory Legacy

Depends on Internet browser being used as to how the site behaves.

I tend to use Firefox as that appears to work best.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I use an older firefox set up how I want it and a proxy as I sometimes connect through the BT or VM shared connection facilities I have access to when I'm out and about and dont want my actions viewed by (or blamed on) unknown others if i can avoid it.

Currently using a portableapps version of latest palemoon to access - which has the same uh oh issues

I use one of the adblock 'strains on each to block all the unwanted stuff, but turning them (adblockers) off makes no difference to the Uh Oh's

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Sounds like CAG forum software is not friendly to your browser set up.

CAG site had a major update recently, so that may explain this being a recent issue.

Undoubtedly to do with site code changes - as without changing anything at all sometimes I can log in with my old firefox, sometimes I cant

Script tunning is actioned differently on a number of browser - but that it changes without me changing anything points at the coding 'methods' here

The uh ohs are consistent across a number of browesrs, but if i remember rightly, didnt occur with a latest firefox browser i tried - but the latest firefox doesn't do what I want it to, and the old version does despite not being 'liked' by some sites. The new install also affected the old one and wouldn't play nicely with it so was removed

Trustpilot bans you even reading the site unless you use one of their approved latest browsers - so I dont go there anymore = mind you when companies with 50%+ highly negative feedback can get high positive 'trustpilot  ratings' there ... its no loss

I mean npower had over 4* trustpilot rating despite almost solid red bad reviews didnt it?

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Oh and the star appears for me when a new post appears in the list HB and it takes me to the post, but that seems different to the uh oh issue despite the uh oh occurring sometimes from emails, despite me being still logged in on arrival, and it happening on the page list constantly on some threads

It seems the sites 'only display limited posts if its not a registered user logged in' script as a likely source

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

Hi

what have you done to the group/page? tbh I do not like it, bring back how it was! It was a complete surprise when tried log in earlier, was so slow and would not open properly and then this! 

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

whooooooooo, thanks, back to normal xx :) 

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

With shortgage of lorry drivers, people to pick crops and now energy supply costs set to hit production,  not looking good  !

WWW.BBC.CO.UK

A shortage of the gas could hit meat production and packaging, UK processors warn.

These media stories will drive panic buying, as people look to stock up.