Thoughts in your day

Mark R Miller tweeted this earlier, I think it's a great epitaph.

A 92 year-old nun died today in a Carmelite Monastery in Illinois. She was kind of an unusual nun. She didn’t sing very well. She was frequently late to her required duties around the convent. She threw sticks for the communal dogs which was not allowed. Also she was my mother.

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

I have seen the same message on really long threads. But it usually does not stop me accessing the page on a second attempt.

Not seen the same message on shorter threads.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Cute video to brighten your day.

• Like 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

7 hours ago, determindator said:

When I click on last page of a thread to read I get an 'Uh Oh your link has been broken' type of message alert.

So do I on some threads still - but not all

Older browser

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• 1 month later...

I was reading a news article and thought that a UK Government minister looked about 65 so close to retirement.

I then read that they were only 46. 

My thought for the day, is that if you want to remain youthfull looking, don't become a Government minister as the job will add 20 years to your looks.

• 2 weeks later...

how does anyone get rid of   news bot pleaeaseeeeeeeeeee , so annoying all I get when log on is the drivel of this newsbot!  just swamps the page   xx thank you xx Sandy

• Like 1

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

hi HB   no it is all sorts of stuff, some is for jobs, the whole page at times is swamped with items from news bot

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Try this. I was getting over a page of youth employment stuff from the newsbot every time I logged in.

Follow this link to the Youth Unemployment in the Media forum. At the top of the main page with all the thread titles, there are three oblong buttons - Start New Topic - Ignore Forum [ in red] - Pinned Topics.

Click on Ignore Forum and with luck, you'll see far fewer articles. :)

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/389-youth-unemployment-in-the-media/

Illegitimi non carborundum

I tried that HB and I did not see Ignore forum or any dots 😕 x 

Once again just come bk here and page is swamped with Newsbot items

I did follow your link HB, No green triangle or new topic 😕

I am now getting this when go to log in here

Checking your browser before accessing consumeractiongroup.co.uk.

This process is automatic. Your browser will redirect to your requested content shortly.

Redirecting…

DDoS protection by Cloudflare
Ray ID: 6808b2494fb94c0e

Yes we are all seeing this additional security process.  Sometimes difficult to access the site.

Should be temporary measure hopefully.

ty Uncle,   and yes it is at times hard get onto site

• I agree 1

Quite an amusing job vacancy below.  Got me thinking about how the interviews might go.  Can you please explain your interest in fungi such as mushrooms ?  Response, when I order Dominos, I always add an extra portion of mushrooms.  I also really enjoy them as part of a full English breakfast. 

Difficult to recruit for, but would a farmer growing Brussel Sprouts, be asking  job candidates whether they had interest in them ?  

Trainee Mushroom Grower

It is a pretty varied and interesting role where you will learn all the steps involved with taking a wild clone through to commercial production.

Applicant Skills:
• Ideally you should have an interest in fungi.

22 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Ideally you should have an interest in fungi.

Old joke 'but I'm a fun guy to be with'. :)

I resisted all of the puns ! :)

Was tempted to say " job provides much room for growth "

8 minutes ago, honeybee13 said:

Groan...

Is it funnier in French ?

l’emploi offre beaucoup de place à la croissance

• Haha 1

Can you handle this level of cuteness ?