Thoughts in your day

Tired of coronavirus now

Want to get back into work and I can't as just so wheezy doing anything at the moment 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

:-(

Hope you improve soon

Perhaps take a look at tai-chi exercises on utube

Ensure you follow the breathing with the movements

Drop on to youtube and enter tai chi breathing in the search.

The exercises are slow but surprisingly challenging and invigorating when done properly

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

1 hour ago, tobyjugg2 said:

:-(

Hope you improve soon

Perhaps take a look at tai-chi exercises on utube

Ensure you follow the breathing with the movements

Drop on to youtube and enter tai chi breathing in the search.

The exercises are slow but surprisingly challenging and invigorating when done properly

Might be worth a try

Lying in a hot bath at min and still struggling 

On verge of ringing 111

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

If you struggling that bad perhaps you should be ringing 111 at least labrat

Another thing I use is one of the cheap face steamers with vic or menthol crystals in it.

the tai chi is really for helping clear the passages and get back in the habit of breathing 'properly' again.

• Like 1

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

111 have told me to monitor oxygen levels monitor should be with me tomorrow 

Ironically I thought I would be one of ones not catching it as barely left house in 10 months

• Like 1

Please note:

Got let out of hospital late last night

It's progressed to a chest infection so I'm on antibiotics, my platelet count is low and my blood sugar was at 3.4 so I ended up full of sugary stuff

I'm on bed rest until further notice but that bored I want to go back to work

Edited by labrat

Please note:

• 5 weeks later...

So how long before another lockdown? a week, 2 weeks, a month? soon as children go back to school what is the betting  there be yet more cases of covid!

I really wish someone  would  take over who  knows what      they are doing instead of the bumbling idiot  who is supposed be in charge now!  The lockdown  should stay    as it is until  there is  no deaths from this awful virus, my opinion, I  do not support any party but really wish we had someone who knows what         they are doing ( NOT LABOUR!!!!! ) again my opinion. I do not  even watch the news, or listen to it, no need you hear about it constantly, I do not even have a tv lol

Tbh, I  think this is going to take A very long time if ever for us to recover from and  talk of holidays   should be forgotten for a long time even though   everyone by  now needs one!

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

10 hours ago, snowdragon said:

So how long before another lockdown? a week, 2 weeks, a month? soon as children go back to school what is the betting  there be yet more cases of covid!

Yes but they will think up something different to call it so it wont be another lockdown. fire break, or moat, or portcullis or some such piff;l.

There are at least some murmerings about inoculating children

- but there is still undoubtedly many more billions to be squeezed from the british taxpayer for enriching favoured populist pals ... which certainly mustn't be allowed to go to waste feeding hungry British children or suchlike ...

10 hours ago, snowdragon said:

I really wish someone  would  take over who  knows what      they are doing instead of the bumbling idiot  who is supposed be in charge now! 

Then you will no doubt be pleased to hear that the bumbling piffle peddlers' strings (and government) undoubtedly jumps largely at the whims of Barney and Princess nut nut.

Not sure which one of them is is taking the P more although Barney is apparently more open about it.

https://www.independent.co.uk/independentpremium/politics-explained/boris-johnson-carrie-symonds-dominic-cummings-latest-b1805725.html

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/nov/13/how-dominic-cummings-and-carrie-symonds-vie-for-boris-johnsons-attention

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/03/dom-gone-tick-animals-saved-tick-bozzie-divorced-tick-truly-i-am-blessed

The Tory Legacy

They now say no holidays here or abroad but there is no evidence  that all those who meet on beaches, etc etc   do not spread the virus!  really.

I have also  seen that there now may now be enough vaccines  to go round and yet they want the children to go back to school! 

In my opinion no, yes they need education but surely their health is more important?

Seem as well some people have booked holidays here and abroad, why?  the children not be able to enjoy it like they would have done normally, no going to the holiday park  entertainment or anything, maybe all you can do is go to the beach!  I do not mind the beach but not all day every day!

Sandy xx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

me again!

Why do most companies insist   on you giving them a phone number!

I am asking on behalf a my  ex father -in-law, he applied for    insurance I believe but because he has no phone of any sort they told him they can not continue his application!

Why? is it law to have a phone???? I myself only have a  bog standard mobile, has no camera, no internet etc, I  do not give my number out to anyone yet get SWAMPED with unwanted calls and texts even though I registered it with TPS!

I find it really unfair you are expected to have a phone, not everyone wants one or afford one

Sandy xx

It's because of the 2nd EU Payment Services Directive which came into effect in March last year which requires companies who deal with online payments, accounts etc to authenticate the customer using their mobile phone to reduce fraud.

I live in a rural area with no mobile signal and it became impossible to function without being able to receive one-time security codes by text to open & access banking and investments accounts so I had to change my network to one that had wifi calling.

It's a fact of life that mobiles have become a means of identification. Obviously a lot of older people don't have mobiles which is a problem for them and ironically you can't even open a SAGA savings account without a mobile number. 

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

A peaceful vigil about violence against women has ended with violence against women. By the Met Police.

That's one way of putting it, but is it ok to break public health laws because the offenders think the cause is virtuous?

4 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Sometimes it isn't what you do, it's how you do it.

Details are still coming out so there may be more information to come but I think the police should have found a different way.

Like?

Line of Duty is back Sunday

Yayyy

The Tory Legacy

I hope you are in good recovery now Labrat.

I did have the broken link issue TJ and thought was the last of the probs😄but now when I post the submit doesn’t work. The site says I need to register which I did (been a member for 14 years!) but said I was already registered. Then guided if still experiencing problems gave me a link to report issue to Admin. It wouldn’t submit.

I’m posting on my phone see if I’m successful 🤞

Success with phone 🥳

What does the box which says no need to quote mean please?

Councils are responsible for the fire safety of a building as part of the planning for that building. You check materials for their flammability before you fit to buildings, not take a company’s word is tested and safe.

What does the box which says no need to quote mean please?

Some newbies tend to quote the previous post even when it's just above their reply and it makes the thread longer which is hard for people on phones. I don't think you have a problem. :)

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks HB 😘

Just watching bbc1 Covid who got it right. I welcome reports like this. There were many people I know who were unwell in December 2019 so my question is when did the powers that be in the world know about an impending pandemic. We should always be prepared for such health safety. Hindsight is history of past pandemics which should’ve been learnt from.

@determindator The earliest warning signs were towards the end of January 2020 from what I remember.  But at that point, Governments did not really understand just how quickly it would spread and that it would kill so many people. 

If you want to know whether Governments had any early warrning about a Pandemic, then I would suggest that you research when Israel imposed travel restrictions.  Israel are likely to have been the quickest to react, because they can impose restrictions quickly as travel security has always been one of the tightest anywhere in the world. From what I could find out, it was not until 19th March 2020, when Israel imposed such travel restrictions. which suggests UK Government, US Government etc, had no evidence to support a major pandemic before mid March 2020.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread