Thoughts in your day

If only that was his worst ..

absolute peanuts compared to his recent wastes though ..

£500 million to tory pals in failing to collect a couple of hundred spit samples a day

£12 Billion on Trace a test which has largely collapsed at the very start of the winter upsurge

£88-100 Billion+ on Brexit as of earlier this year just in lost growth (from memory)

Over a £Trillion in assets fled to the EU (Including Redwood and Ress Mogg)

£288 million a week ongoing for Brexit and post brexit customs bureaucracy - whenever they get the systems running

Nissan and Toyota saying UK taxpayer pay any Brexit tariff bills or Plants including Sunderland are unsustainable

How much are the lorry parks costing?

... and he still REFUSES to feed hungry UK kids

You know what IS patriotic?

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Record low: living standards and investment

Crumbling Hospitals, schools, council services, businesses and roads

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

just recently it has been very depressing to come in here, everyone seems be arguing and TJ always has it in for either Johnson or someone else,  can    we have some nice things to talk about!

Maybe TJ should become a PM and fight his corner! lol can not be any worse then the idiots who have tried, just glad Corbyn got   his come upperance

Sandy

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Source of some good news stories

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/

For example,  deaths due to TB are reducing.

https://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/global-tuberculosis-falling-fast-in-developing-countries/

New Report Shows Tuberculosis Deaths Have Fallen By 14% in Five Years, Saving 60 Million in the Last Two Decades

Uplifting stories from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cx2pk70323et/uplifting-stories

Inspiring stories from the BBC

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/topics/cz4pr2gdgvgt/inspiring-stories

And 45 secs into this video, should raise a laugh

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

2 hours ago, snowdragon said:

just recently it has been very depressing to come in here, everyone seems be arguing and TJ always has it in for either Johnson or someone else,  can    we have some nice things to talk about!

Maybe TJ should become a PM and fight his corner! lol can not be any worse then the idiots who have tried, just glad Corbyn got   his come upperance

Sandy

What makes you think my real in initials aren't KS

Edited by tobyjugg2

Loving your country enough to care for its old and poor, fund its institutions, unite its communities, feed, house and educate its children, restore and live in balance with its environment, plan with care for its future, build its alliances, and perhaps above all - tell it the truth

The Tory Legacy

Record high: taxes, immigration, excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

They squander taxpayer money by the £thousands on a failed ex-PMs luxury troughing on a plane, rather than feed UK children

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting read

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/344695/PI_Response_Plan_13_Aug.pdf

When Ministers are asked by the media if they could have prepared better the answer is in the context we couldn't have predicted this, and hindsight is a good thing. Well it seems the link above shows differently. I can't see where the Gov is

challenged on this.

The other big question is when it was known the virus was on the move spreading across the world. If it was December 2019 or before? should've shut down in Jan 20. Spending goes down significantly after Christmas and would've mitigated the affect of the virus and on the economy.

and this https://images.app.goo.gl/AHEecm34im8X7RhS7  this may open up but it's the Chumocracy diagram in Daily Mail Gov questioned if covid contracts are checked.

Listening to Christmas songs I like since the 70's still going strong and joyous !

Edited by determindator

17 hours ago, determindator said:

Interesting read

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/344695/PI_Response_Plan_13_Aug.pdf

When Ministers are asked by the media if they could have prepared better the answer is in the context we couldn't have predicted this, and hindsight is a good thing. Well it seems the link above shows differently. I can't see where the Gov is

challenged on this.

The other big question is when it was known the virus was on the move spreading across the world. If it was December 2019 or before? should've shut down in Jan 20. Spending goes down significantly after Christmas and would've mitigated the affect of the virus and on the economy.

and this https://images.app.goo.gl/AHEecm34im8X7RhS7  this may open up but it's the Chumocracy diagram in Daily Mail Gov questioned if covid contracts are checked.

So yet again, the excuse for criminality - at the very least (IMO) criminal negligence

.. is criminal levels (IMO) of incompetence

Edited by tobyjugg2

The Tory Legacy

I hear people working in film and tv industry are regularly tested some daily to around twice a week, with the quick result type.

I haven't met any NHS worker yet who is tested at all on a regular basis to monitor the disease. Maybe to keep NHS staff working and not absent with covid.  I've heard of covid tests where there's an immediate need to mitigate an outbreak in a particular area. There's been covid anti body tests which I presume was carried out across the NHS, but I don't know. It was voluntary.

11 hours ago, determindator said:

I hear people working in film and tv industry are regularly tested some daily to around twice a week, with the quick result type.

I haven't met any NHS worker yet who is tested at all on a regular basis to monitor the disease. Maybe to keep NHS staff working and not absent with covid.  I've heard of covid tests where there's an immediate need to mitigate an outbreak in a particular area. There's been covid anti body tests which I presume was carried out across the NHS, but I don't know. It was voluntary.

Some clinical staff are receiving weekly tests - my daughter in law for oine who looks after people with compromised immune systems

Absolutely zero none clinical staff that i know of get tests at all, let alone regularly, although some are now starting to get a home test for use if they get symptoms - long overdue.

As an aside, my immediate family is registered at 3 different GP serguries. One in particular is little more than a joke with everything 'don't come in it might be covid - go for a test or to hospital minor injuries.

We went for test and surgery and that surgery then said (o/h surgery) - well its only valid on day.

You would think we are 10 days into a pandemic - not ten months.

The Tory Legacy

Very true TJ with GP surgeries, varying patient service all around. It's time for surgeries who are covid nervous to start

putting in place their procedures to avoid sending patients to A&E unnecessarily,  It compounds the problem of the  over stretched hospitals. I found out today self testing kits are being delivered to the NHS probably gradually and in certain places of need as you say.  Hopefully it's being rolled out nationally and staff will be confident they are being cared for so they can care for others.

11 hours ago, determindator said:

Very true TJ with GP surgeries, varying patient service all around. It's time for surgeries who are covid nervous to start

putting in place their procedures to avoid sending patients to A&E unnecessarily,  It compounds the problem of the  over stretched hospitals. I found out today self testing kits are being delivered to the NHS probably gradually and in certain places of need as you say.  Hopefully it's being rolled out nationally and staff will be confident they are being cared for so they can care for others.

I find it astonishing that this particular surgery sends nurses out to patients in the car park (when you threaten them with formal complaint), they are dressed up in full covid ward PPE. and will only do limited checks through the car window - listen to chest and use finger monitor. Wont check your throat for love nor money.

Dentists will work on your mouth, su[supermarket staff will serve hundreds of people a day behind a small screen (with gaps) or a simple mask

-yet these GP's wont show their faces and the nurses act as though they are in some zombie apocalypse film examining some dead zombie they think might suddenly come back to life and bite them when forced at gunpoint to give someone a cursory check..

My surgery is brilliant - careful - but caring

The Tory Legacy

The questionable service from the surgery you mention TJ could do with their methods being passed onto the Care Quality Commission and PALS. 

Watching Panorama this week the shared ownership scheme needs a serious review to ensure the system helps people not hinder. There must also be developments in the shared ownership scheme with unsafe cladding compounding the

terrible financial situation the developers and landlords have put people in.

From the Grenfell enquiry, to me the cladding was mis sold as being entirely inflammable and wondered if the process of fitting the cladding, the council also had the responsibility of conducting their own fire tests. In addition to those thoughts, I'm sure the fire service and resident associations made it clear over time for Grenfell and other developments in the UK buildings did not comply to stringent fire and safety regulations.

Edited by determindator

This is the time for retailers to sell and raise their income. I'm surprised how many are not reducing goods significantly to get revenue in, especially when you hear they're in financial difficulty. As time goes on there could easily be less money available to consumers to buy so retailers should sell well now before retailers find themselves with loads of stock they can't sell especially after the Christmas celebrations.

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden wants Netflix to prefix episodes of The Crown to tell younger viewers that it's fiction.

I think they should put the same prefix in front of announcements and comments by Tory ministers.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2020/nov/29/the-crown-netflix-health-warning-fictional-oliver-dowden

• Like 1

Illegitimi non carborundum

13 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden wants Netflix to prefix episodes of The Crown to tell younger viewers that it's fiction.

I think they should put the same prefix in front of announcements and comments by Tory ministers.

And a lot of CAG posts too I reckon.

• 1 month later...

I've got loads of EXTRA pages (from the future it would seem) according to the page numbers in article 50 and mutating corona-virus

The Tory Legacy

Dunno but its been suggested that the pages from the future are me trying to tell me the lottery numbers

.. page numbers correct in this therad

Edited by tobyjugg2
  • Haha 1

The Tory Legacy

2 minutes ago, tobyjugg2 said:

Dunno but its been suggested that the pages from the future are me trying to tell me the lottery numbers

Wouldn't that be nice!   Maybe a cookie and data clear is needed may solve the anomalie.

I'm munching a cookie with a cup of tea - and feeling much better

The Tory Legacy

12 minutes ago, determindator said:

Hoorah! I can access Article 50 now😀

Hope your anomalie gets sorted TJ if not already.

your issue wasn't the incredible broken link page was it @D

The Tory Legacy

IMO 'equity release' like 'shared ownership', 'Boris Johnson' or 'Jeremy Corbyn', should not be seen or heard, especially on broadcast media, let alone intelligent people giving any serious consideration of letting them anywhere near your life and well-being

- any more than sending your child to child minding services run by boko haram

The Tory Legacy