Thoughts in your day

1 minute ago, honeybee13 said:

I think it's amazing that you've written the book, I wouldn't know where to start. I hope it's been a good experience for you. :)

HB

I've been writing short stories for ages, it seemed logical to collate them, then I found I'd lost some... Oops

I tried putting them all into one book but it ended up close on 700 pages, I trimmed it down to favourites and it ended up at 370ish

Theres one of them on the forum here somewhere.. Not one of the best but its one of the ones included 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, determindator said:

I missed a phone call and dialled the number. It was a cut off sound. Would this be some type of  fraud scheme? Anybody else had this type of call?

Just sounds like an autodialler. They  dial you up and then send the call to a call centre rep. But if you dial in, its designed to hang up immediately.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

5 minutes ago, renegadeimp said:

Just sounds like an autodialler. They  dial you up and then send the call to a call centre rep. But if you dial in, its designed to hang up immediately.

Thanks, and it was a mobile number if that's usual.

You can set up an auto dialler to generate any number you want, as its just software .   It goes through the regular exchange but using voip or similar.  They can easily mask the real number using tens or even hundreds of others.

Easy way to show this is when you get a cold caller or similar calling, and your caller ID shows 001  or some random number you know for sure isnt a real number.

Edited by renegadeimp

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

23 minutes ago, renegadeimp said:

You can set up an auto dialler to generate any number you want, as its just software .   It goes through the regular exchange but using voip or similar.  They can easily mask the real number using tens or even hundreds of others.

Easy way to show this is when you get a cold caller or similar calling, and your caller ID shows 001  or some random number you know for sure isnt a real number.

👍

The FCA hold events and on 17th July 2019 is the Annual Public Meeting details here follow the link for that event. You can register to attend. The time is 9.30 am to midday in London.

https://www.fca.org.uk/events

23 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Hi determindator.

Is there a particular topic you're interested in, are you planning to attend the FCA event?

Hello HB,

I would love to go but I doubt I can make this meeting. You have the opportunity to ask the panel questions.

23 hours ago, honeybee13 said:

Diet... 

Today was the first day off the diet due to wife being out with work - even so I managed to keep it under 2000 calories (my allowed amount is 1600 so not too far up) 

So far I'm 2.5 stone down and only have 2 stone to go, been on the diet for 4 months

Decided to go on diet as wasn't happy with self and my wife got diagnosed with left bundle branch blockage and low systolic function (early 30s at that) 

And tonight was the chance to have a good takeaway - and I gave it up to have a pasta dish from Bella italia (775 cals) and 2 glasses of prosecco (268 cals) 

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

Actually bad thought of the day as well

Made a complaint to amazon, their delivery driver either climbed or pulled aside a fence to leave a parcel in the kids play house

Its left one spindle (it was a ballistrade type fence) broken

Sent an email to amazon who are now looking into it, just a bit worried its going to loose someone their job

After all its a home made ballistrade - I can probably replace the spindle for less than a fiver - was just really annoyed at the point I sent the email because its the second time a delivery driver (first time was yodel) has decided its OK to pull it aside and each time I have to replace the wall plugs on the screws

Debating emailing back and asking them to drop it but it's on the wife's emails and she's away until tomorrow 

Please note:

Question please, if you switch to the free Experian ac when you login within the 30 day free trial period, will the subscription of £14.99 be taken?

Do you have to cancel the Experian ac entirely to stop the subscription?

Thanks to all

On 12/07/2019 at 23:39, labrat said:

Actually bad thought of the day as well

Made a complaint to amazon, their delivery driver either climbed or pulled aside a fence to leave a parcel in the kids play house

Its left one spindle (it was a ballistrade type fence) broken

Sent an email to amazon who are now looking into it, just a bit worried its going to loose someone their job

After all its a home made ballistrade - I can probably replace the spindle for less than a fiver - was just really annoyed at the point I sent the email because its the second time a delivery driver (first time was yodel) has decided its OK to pull it aside and each time I have to replace the wall plugs on the screws

Debating emailing back and asking them to drop it but it's on the wife's emails and she's away until tomorrow 

Yeah, I understand it's a hard choice, especially when the poor sod just wanted to put the package somewhere where other people wouldn't see. 

I just wonder how I'll handle these deliveries when living in the UK... Where I live, you just pick them up at the post/transport company office, or have it delivered when you're home. The thing is that I may well have to have to leave regularily with short notices (due to my job, I sometimes have 48h to go to the airport and I don't want to come back to find a parcel that's stolen or all crumpled up because of a week of rain.

feeling angry!

why  do (take it they are  s c a m m er s ) phone up every  day saying  it is a security  call in regards to my master  card/visa! always different phone numbers!

Yesterday it was to inform me £600 plus had  been withdrawn from my bank/card for an over  seas transaction! 

Not got that amount so be lucky lol

Anyone else getting these calls?

My number is ex directory and reg with TPS😠

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

yet  another one . 3 today! I do not have a Master Card, all different  phone numbers, this last one was a 0115 number  which is local to me

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

another 3  today up to yet, all say same thing, either have change my number or get in touch with  my phone  company, I have  or supposed to have barring etc  on it, got an answer phone but  do not think it working 😕

Really annoyed now lol xx

Said it every year so far but I think next year I bite the bullet and get aircon in the house

After all I will have paid off the car and it does heating as well - as our boiler nearly always breaks Christmas eve that would be a nice bonus

• Like 1

Please note:

• 3 weeks later...

Sat back in the caravan wondering why don't we just live in this permanently 

IMG-20190810-142738.jpg 

Please note:

I can relate to the caravan camping Labrat, love the photo😀

I'm asking for the best place for a PPI question. I asked Kensington if there was PPI added to the loan. Their reply was because the loan was repaid over six years ago, in 2000, they did not hold any records to answer the question. I have kept the original paper work and gave them plenty of info.

urm..the ppi forum....

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...