Thoughts in your day

Maybe a good idea to have a vote first in Scotland on whether there should be a referendum. It's best to see if there is the appetite for an independence ref before going straight into having a ref vote.

The EU aren't exactly being friendly as to whether they would accept Scotland as an EU member.

The EU aren't exactly being friendly as to whether they would accept Scotland as an EU member.

They cant while the UK are still a member, and Scotland still a part of the UK

- any more than they would Catalonia

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

I truly dispair of the UK governement not just over Brexit, but I was just looking back over the HSBC Suisse bank tax avoidance issues which made little news, despite starting about the same time as the Financial crisis caused by corrupt banks,

Its astonishing that of over a thousand people reported to the UK 'law enforcement' agencies, only 1 was prosecuted

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/feb/17/labour-quiz-chancellor-over-knowledge-of-hsbcs-swiss-subsidiary-conduct

Yet one of the prime movers in that banking circle was given a top Tory job,

Yet the whistle blower who risked his career to leak these banks criminal activities TO THE FRENCH POLICE, not a newspaper, was charged with industrial espionage for highlighting criminal activity laundering illegal arms dealers and dictators assets and money

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2015/nov/27/hsbc-whistleblower-jailed-five-years-herve-falciani

and did the authorities at least quietly address the illegal laundering?

Of course not

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Good April 1st from the DM:madgrin:

Prince Harry Marries

Fake News !!!???!!!

and this one has GOT to be

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/apr/01/by-georgio-osborne-takes-new-job-as-fashion-designer?utm_source=esp&utm_medium=Email&utm_campaign=GU+Today+main+NEW+H+categories&utm_term=219899&subid=19389892&CMP=EMCNEWEML6619I2

By Georgio! Osborne takes new job as fashion designer

The Tory Legacy

In Edinburgh they just brought in a 20 miles per hour speed limit in most streets, Edinburgh Evening News just reported the council will allow electric cars to do 30mph in these streets :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

In Edinburgh they just brought in a 20 miles per hour speed limit in most streets, Edinburgh Evening News just reported the council will allow electric cars to do 30mph in these streets :)

:)

cnn edinburgh have apparently reported that trump is planning on emigrating to scotland, after impeachment, to be near to its golf course...and his cart can do more than 30 :)

Our local Council spent a fortune writing '20' on all the local roads in white paint, putting up expensive looking signs on posts all over the borough - we had one day when the Police stood in the rain with a speed gun on the odd road.

Now nobody takes a blind bit of notice of it and race about as they always did before. I hear Manchester is doing away with the scheme for much the same reason. A complete waste of Council Tax payers money!

Also, not wishing to be a disciple of all that is doom, someone mentioned that the batteries we are all going to have in our wonderfully silent and Eco efficient electric cars are going to be sent from one of the only factories they are made in in Tiawan or some such Far Eastern country, shipped to the UK causing vast amounts of pollution in their transportation by ship to the UK and then, when the cars are either written off from collision damage or past their sell-by dates, the batteries will need to be sunk into concrete and left countless years like that before being safe to dispose of.

Now that makes me want to rush down to the car showroom and buy a nice battery operated car - doesn't it you?

For the record, when Volvo bought their 4x4's over from Sweden the pollution each ship caused bringing them over far outstripped the pollution the 150 cars they were bringing would produce throughout their lifetime.

Battery operated Cars are not some magic remedy to Diesel or Petrol and people should think before they buy one as to what is going to be the environmental cost to us all. It reminds me of an article I read today about the likes of Nestle replacing sugar in chocolate bars with sweeteners which cause more damage and more dangers of we all consuming the chocolate of getting type 2 diabetes. It's a nonsense to think these electric cars are the wonder drug.

On that happy note, I'm off to drink my Horlicks and eat a bar of Cadbury's whole nut a tot of whisky and off to bed!

Night folks

All this political stuff over Brexit, it's simple, why don't we just tell the EU to pi-ss off.

you've already done that, what are you worried about now...

All this political stuff over Brexit, it's simple, why don't we just tell the EU to pi-ss off.

I'm sure they would have no problem whatsoever with the UK severing all trade links. They are in far better economic condition than we are. Theres nothing that we have the biggest market in the world NEEDS,

or doesn't already own here

- like our nuclear energy future and most of our power industry - and thats just what France and poor bankrupt Spain owns.

of course we could also just re-sell or give those to UK Tory supporting owners and deny our international debts - getting on for 2TN

... but then we would be like North Korea, with the largest market in the World and our nearest neighbors just completely embargoing all trade with us or through their borders or airspace.

I wonder how few weeks we would last before total economic collapse?

You can guarantee that in such circumstances, pretty much all major financial and industry backing would withdraw from the uk overnight.

America would probably still trade with us at a premium of course. Russia probably would too.

But what would our credit notes be worth?

What could those credit notes buy?

What would we have to give?

We have already pretty much hocked everything. America, Russia and China would want remaining British overseas territories trading to them for transient stuff like oil.

Do you really have so little idea of the real economics of the situation?

The Tory Legacy

Maroon, that seems an odd decision. Some electric cars are silent, aren't they? I'm not sure it sounds all that safe if they're going at 30mph.

Ford - very good. :D

HB, it was April the 1st :)

But it did cause a bit of a stir !!!

Who's Jennie?:madgrin:

I don't know if you don't ;)

:)

cnn edinburgh have apparently reported that trump is planning on emigrating to scotland, after impeachment, to be near to its golf course...and his cart can do more than 30 :)

http://www.electricautosport.com/2015/06/video-the-sound-of-a-1100kw-electric-race-car/

The Tory Legacy

my CT is in the same bracket as far as my income goes, my next largest outgoing is gas and leccy so if you add the VAT on all of the services bills that is another 1.1% tax. Then you have to add car tax, the duty and VAT on the fuel I use and all in all my indirect taxes equate to a tatal tax bill of nigh on 40% of my income. this is despite all of my pension being below the personal tax threshold so I only pay income tax on the bit I earn at school.

Who's Jennie?:madgrin:

The one with the light brown hair?

The Tory Legacy

Barbara? :)

Windsor?

or girl?

The Tory Legacy