Thoughts in your day

I think there is something in scientology beliefs, but they make it very difficult for outsiders to take them seriously, as they are far too defensive of their organisation.

Many religions believe that the body of humans/animals is one element and they also have a spirit element. I am not that religious, but am 50% convinced that they might be onto something.

Take for example child geniuses, that have a talent or knowledge that cannot just be inherited DNA programming from parents or teaching from an early age. I have heard of young kids playing piano brilliantly from age 4, having hardly touched a piano. Also kids having in depth knowledge of subjects or wisdom from a very young age. I just have a question mark, as to whether it is possible they have somehow benefitted from previous life. Part of scientology i understand is believing in people having more than one life e.g spirit living on with knowledge passed on and used by another body.

Not saying i am convinced, as there may be other explanations.

Perhaps reincarnation is real, but that (IMO) does not give any credibility to cults abusing (IMO) the actuality or beliefs of people,

.. whether that cult is Scientology or Catholicism or whatever.

Spirituality and/or commune with God (whatever you want to call Her) should by its very nature be first hand - else it isnt (spirituality or commune with God)

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

10 years to save the Vest

After Truss lost the shirt off the UKs back in 49 days

My thoughts today? - My son needs his God for sure to hold his wrath having moved into his new home yesterday which he had highly spec'd by completely giving it an overhaul once the previous owners moved out and having it demolished by the totally careless removal men.

Wallpaper torn, replastered walls dug into with furniture, doors dented, newly painted surfaces stripped from every surface imaginable, mattress soaked in the rain, furniture left randomly throughout the house and boxes in all the wrong rooms. He didn't have the energy to cry given all the hours he'd spent getting this place perfect for his wife and kids.

On top of that, he'll no doubt lose his deposit for the damage these removal men have done to the rented property they moved out from - much the same damage getting things out as putting them in. He sent 2 yrs in that rented place keeping it pristine and had cleaners in making sure the place was perfect to be taken over.

He's 40 yrs old and looked a broken man last night when we dropped the kids off...I expect he and his wife both cried themselves to sleep - I know what work and effort has gone into making this their dream home and all the finishing touches and dreams were shattered by an undermanned, untrained bunch of louts who couldn't have cared less.

When he sold his last home and moved into the rented place so that he could find his perfect house, he used the same company and they were 1st class, this time around they were a nightmare.

My thought for the day? - please say a prayer for them!

Thanks

A1

Andrew

I think your post demonstrates how important it is not to trust anyone, by collecting evidence. Take pictures of a house in good condition, before you let removal men into a house, as it is a risk that damage will be done by people in a hurry, therefore not being careful. Without evidence, it will now be one persons word against anothers. The removal company might just say that they did not cause any damage that they were aware of and were careful etc.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

So true UncleB....They trusted them as they'd used them before, that's half the trouble, new crew, new problems...they have evidence, but you don't normally go around taking pictures of woodwork or walls - with hindsight of course, he should have.

He's going to have a battle on his hands for sure, but he'll get there.

Thanks for the thoughts.

A1

Hello Andrew. So terribly infuriating for your son and his family.

The first day of anger always the worst so when he gets his breath back he will channel all that negative into a positive complaint.

Very likely this removal crew have other complaints against them. Wonder if he has a chance today to go round the home they left to take pics and check out damage. I do hope the fury of seeing their new home with damage subsides asap so they can start to enjoy their new home and wonderful life there.

wondering if my next door neighbours realise their 2 young daughter are spying on us, really fed up of it now, do I say something? It is like Big Brother!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

A mate of mine's is a scientologist, always trying to get me involved, I never fancied it, did read one of L. Ron Hubbard's books on the subject.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

A mate of mine's is a scientologist, always trying to get me involved, I never fancied it, did read one of L. Ron Hubbard's books on the subject.

Seems a relatively sensible course to me, although its a good bet that your 'mate' will never give up trying to get you 'hooked'

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/14/louis-theroux-my-scientology-movie-i-felt-like-id-been-blooded

The Tory Legacy

Record high Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Snow dragon - start taking some vitamin D - that should help.

CD, had to get an appointment with the Doctor today as my face/glands swelled up, got awful pain in my ears, jaw and glands. I have an infection in my ears and glands!

On a 7 day course of anti biotics! The pain is awful amd my face is really swollen, looks like been smacke! lol

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

CD, had to get an appointment with the Doctor today as my face/glands swelled up, got awful pain in my ears, jaw and glands. I have an infection in my ears and glands!

On a 7 day course of anti biotics! The pain is awful amd my face is really swollen, looks like been smacke! lol

Doesn't sound very comfortable - I hope the antibiotics do their job quickly x

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is not nice, started on the antibiotics yesterday, no improvement yet, fingers crossed they work

Sandy xx

I find it very odd that Daily Mail readers responding to an article about Human Rights, think that Human Rights are a bad thing.

Has the Daily Mail brainwashed a section of society into believing that Human Rights are somehow not about protecting rights of ordinary citizens, but are designed to protect people who don't deserve any protection ?

Mad world !

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Why is it that on your day off, a women can squeek 'I'm running late',

at which a bloke can:

get up,

wash and shave,

go downstairs and have some toast,

go back upstairs and brush teeth and get dressed,

Go back downstairs,

Go out and walk the dog to get a paper (twice as far as her work is),

get back,

get the car out and have it running ready to take her to work before she gets to the front door?

... Yet she has no interest whatsoever in the theory of relativity as it has no relevance to her day?

The Tory Legacy

Why is it that on your day off, a women can squeek 'I'm running late',

at which a bloke can:

get up,

wash and shave,

go downstairs and have some toast,

go back upstairs and brush teeth and get dressed,

Go back downstairs,

Go out and walk the dog to get a paper (twice as far as her work is),

get back,

get the car out and have it running ready to take her to work before she gets to the front door?

... Yet she has no interest whatsoever in the theory of relativity as it has no relevance to her day?

Eh ??

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Eh ??

Did it take you quite a while to respond there?

Or did it just seem like it?

The Tory Legacy

my thoughts are, why do people think it is good to wipe out tigers, such magnificent cats, they say for medicine! But no proof that anything from a tiger helps :(:-x

There are one a few thousand if that tigers left in the world, I love them, all wrong. So sad

others too; cheetah, rhino, leopard, puma, elephant, whales, etc all for money re the human demand for whatever.

whilst the nature of zoos may not be liked, at least they sustain certain animals that can be reintroduced to the wild if needs be. so long as there is still a 'wild' for them....

Feels like devaluation

the pound has gone up!....apparently they're being 'sold' upwards on e auctions.

yeah, like my e auctioned 5£ new note...:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/weather/red-hot-nsw-smashes-february-statewide-heat-records-two-days-in-a-row-20170212-gub14c.html

Parts of Australia have recorded temperatures of 47c.

I have been in places which have been as hot as about 40c and it is like being close to a hot air gun.

Some parts of the middle regularly see temperatures close to 50c. Not sure how they manage to cope.