Thoughts in your day

It must be s.c.a.m season! Had an email it says from HMRC and I have a refund of £476.23 to follow the link for more information. I deleted it. What's the odds I would then be asked for my bank details etc to deposit the money.

More pests

Terrible for those who trust these emails

I feel the Olympic Games is going to have a transformation in the sense if an economy cannot sustain holding the games, it's in their interest to not put themselves through the financial pain the spectacle causes. I believe many Brazilians were displaced in order to build the Olympic village in Rio. What's happened to them? I think if a country clearly has difficulties it's not fair on their people resources are put into holding the games and not for looking after the needs of the people.

I was watching something the other day on the British trade in Sugar, which in the early days worked hand in glove with the trade in African slaves. There was a statistic given which really shocked me and the next time you are putting a spoonful of Sugar in a cup of tea you might think about it. During the period of the slave transits, they moved an estimated 3 million from Africa and on those sea voyages across the Atlantic, it is estimated that 1 million died.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Subscribe

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I wanted to start this thread as a middle ground for 'What made you smile/swear today.' We have thoughts which don't make us smile or swear but you contemplate on an issue. What concerns you, what worries you, how you would rectify it. There's also the good things that work, you may have new ideas, a space for any thoughts you have on your mind.

My thought today is how large privatised companies can hold the country to ransom, being big and powerful and if there's a problem you will do our bidding. The Banks and energy companies come to mind.

I wonder about God listening and answering people's wishes.

Remembering all the babies and children at Wave of Light, this is held every October

Where ever you are in the world at 7pm on October 15th you light a candle to remember all those who gained their wings far too soon

Forever and for always in my heart, Alisha Marie xxxxxx

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-37678065

Self employed wages now below what they were in the mid 1990's.

I think it depends on the trade of the person, but any requiring shops or other premises, could well be struggling because of rent and business rates. Those who are electricians, plumbers, carpenters etc and can work just using their own homes garages/sheds or premises owned by someone else, might be doing well in some areas. I know of building trades people who are doing very well and can afford new vans, new cars, nice holidays.

But there is an issue, that since the 07/08 financial crash, the economic situation is worse for many people. There are more people, but the money is spread thinner. If people are renting homes to live in and this is becoming more the norm than home ownership, then the high rents being charged means that there is less disposable income. Therefore less money available to spend and less money for self employed to earn. It is a vicious circle that will hit more and more people, unless the economic system is reformed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 3 weeks later...

saw the advert, it is ok but nothing special, love the animals though :)

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 2 weeks later...

Had a phone call today from Microsoft:madgrin: Can you imagine Microsoft having the time to ring me, they probably don't have office phones! I put the phone down. I'm told it's a s.c.a.m and the government is mentioned and you need an anti virus and when installed they get into your pc. Something like that.

So beware all