• Tweets

• okay, perfect and thank you so much for the help once again. so firstly i am going to initiate the breathing space, during this time it's likely ill receive a default. when i receive the default are you aware of how long it will take for me to know whether the OC have sold it off to DCAs? Once it's with the DCAs i do not need to worry as they cannot issue a CCJ only the OCs can Even if i decide to come an arrangement with the DCAs no point as the default will remain for 6 years paid or not paid I should only consider repayment if the OC still won the debt and then issue a CCJ? Just to confirm the default will not be seen after 6 years? No one can tell I had one then after 6 years ill be all good?
    • I'm not sure we were on standard tariffs - I've uploaded as many proofs as I can for the ombudsman - ovo called last night uping the compensation to 100 from 50 pounds for the slip in customer service however they won't acknowledge the the problem them not acknowledging a fault has caused nor are they willing to remedy anything as they won't accept the meter or formula was wrong.   I'd appreciate more details on the economy 7 approach and I'll update the ombudsman with any information you can share. 
    • To re-iterate and highlight my urgent question on this one: The N24 from the court did not include any instructions to submit paperwork 28 days before the date, unlike the N157 received for other smaller claims. Do I have to submit a WS for this court date? Link has!...
    • No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Thoughts in your day

Reading the Syria thread. So it's all about World dominance. I wonder how these countries who want to hold the west to ransom will appreciate not having their luxury goods, BMW's, Mercs, Rollers, Range Rovers, Ferraris, Bentleys, Gucci, Chanel, Mulberry, Louis Vuitton, Champagne, Scotch Whiskey, etc etc because I don't see them producing similar for themselves. If they tinker with gas pipelines these goods won't be so available to them in more ways than one. They need to all calm down and talk sensibly.

The Desert is getting bigger so I would have thought you would want as many friends as possible to help sustain life in such conditions.

Reading the political threads on here, just shows the skulduggery all around. No one person takes the UK to war so money spent on enquiries I believe will never reveal the whole truth.

I hope we are not witnessing another cover up of abusers where the police and others are being undermined in their investigations into the truth. This is not encouraging people to come forward, as it is showing how witnesses are being discredited, how convenient for those who are guilty.

It seems houses coming onto the market for average home buyers have a high probability to just be another addition to a portfolio somewhere. These investors make it their business to find the bargains, very friendly with estate agents, closely involved with developers, all this making a house purchase more difficult and forcing the country into renting. At least overseas investors can't take the property back to their countries.

I fear we are being dragged back to the 80's again, Lloyds's shares up for sale for all, sound familiar? Bringing down public institutions so privatisation is inevitable, feels like so much will be owned by so few. We must make sure they don't start feeding the livestock dodgy stuff.

When has it ever been the case to pay tax on tax; silly me petrol duty has VAT on it.

Oh dear, I only got 1% pay rise this year says the rich man; tell you what I'd take the 1% of your £1 million salary over my pension rise anyday.

We're all in it together, RUBBISH. Percentages don't work, want it to be a fairer society give every working age person the same pay rise of only £1000 a year capped for life and listen to who moans the loudest. Yes you guessed it, "The people who aren't in it together."

Fat people, druggies and alcholoics clog up the NHS, strange the last time I was there I felt old age should be banned and anyone playing a sport should not be let through the doors. The National health is there no matter who or what, can you say that for BUPA! The rich always use the many as their safe guard.

When I was young and every thing was Nationalised, YES the didn't make money; everybody did!!! and I owned it. Strange when everything was sold off I never got my cheque, did you?

The latest energy saving, money saving devices go into the newest devices for the people with the most, who can afford to buy them saving them even more money. The poor who cant afford solar panel and new car with zero road tax pay through the nose for everything using more so paying more with the smallest pay rises.

Ever wondered why the rich poor gap is getting wider.

Change starts with a single person, if only we could stop the rich killing that person off, oh yes, forgot, that's what we call politics. The party system is designed to stop change, only a Nuclear war will change anything now.

People forget greed is bad!

How relevant

Yes UB. They're trying to discredit JC but imo it aint working!

We are really starting to see the true colours of those we thought really cared. I was disappointed to hear comments from a household name how we may as well live in China if JC elected. How ridiculous. This person thinks JC will rock the markets. The only people rocking the markets are those who peddle grim gossip which shallow city dealers use for their own ends. Challenging hefty rents and runaway house prices is a positive move, even for investors. If you don't address these issues, there will be empty property eventually, your portfolio is only as lucrative as those willing to buy or rent. Too much greed will desseminate that.

The Kennedys 9.30 tnite BBC1 back to the 70's:-D

Listening to how the gun lobby in USA dictates to a so called democracy. Money before people again.

I think you have just backed up nicely the governments reasoning for reducing housing benefit.

12065576_744060155723805_5942485628946765054_n_zps7zbxe2ni.jpg

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

When you read this stuff it makes you feel all we are succumbing to is being a playground for the rich. If there is all this dosh swimming around in our economy, why are we all always being made aware of charities needing money. I watched a programme this morn where a wheelchair football club were trying to raise money for more adapted wheelchairs to enable more participation in the sport. When you think of the wages in premiership football, endorsements, sponsorships etc, let's hope the club get their cash quickly.

Loadsa money! Another institution in others hands

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3277528/You-just-not-Wentworth-Ordinary-golfers-driven-legendary-club-Ryder-Cup-born-billionaire-Chinese-owner-forces-prices-turn-super-rich-enclave.html

The only positive is you can't physically take real estate out of the country, you may 'own' it but we keep it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched this on TV just recently http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/ben-fogle-new-lives-in-the-wild-uk-tv-review-oh-to-run-away-from-it-all-and-live-in-a-mud-hut-with-a6741291.html

one amazing woman. Thursdays 9pm channel 5. I'd like to see the programme 'Who do you think you are' look into this lady's past ancestors.

• 2 months later...

With ref to the Lottery, Camelot say the winning ticket bought in Worcester. If they have ascertained this, which can't be hard as all info on their system, how can other claims be bonified? I would expect them to know the shop it was purchased the date and time, from that CCTV can be checked if was working. We are told only two tickets won so how can hundreds of people claim the same? Were there hundreds of winners then:madgrin:

I believe the Treasury Select Committee is keeping it's eye on the FCA, as the consumer champion ousted by George has been replaced by someone who is said to be more swayed towards the other direction. We shall see.

I wonder who the 82 guests are:madgrin: viewing the bear gdn at the mo

Well the parking rules at my office are, "First come first serve". I always come on time and park my car at a spot. Today I got late and was wondering the spot would probably be filled only to realize that all of the colleagues are late! That made me really happy! Lol

the real winner of the £33 million on the lottery has now come forward

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

damn, there goes my idea to claim it saying that the dog ate the ticket.... :)

Probably getting nervous about all the claims:madgrin:

Camelot would know the till and time of the correct ticket purchase and have a pic of the person purchasing.

strange as now read on Yahoo that the woman who first said she has the winning ticket has to wait at least 180 days before any pay out? so who has actually won? If it was me I would not go public, you soon learn who your friends are if you do!

strange as now read on Yahoo that the woman who first said she has the winning ticket has to wait at least 180 days before any pay out?

Well, she won't have to wait that long to find out now!

As I see it, the rightful person chose not to come forward for their own reasons, but has done so now.

her friend said the ticket was fake and that she had purchased it after the draw? I hope the real winner has been found

£33m Lotto jackpot winner to remain anonymous

28 January 2016

From the section Hereford & Worcester

Lottery numbers

Image caption

The £33m sum is the biggest prize since the National Lottery was launched in November 1994

UK lottery operator Camelot has received a "valid claim" for a record £33m Lotto jackpot prize, it says.

The holder of the winning ticket - bought in Worcester for the 9 January draw - has opted to remain anonymous.

About £66m had been up for grabs to players, but it was the unclaimed £33,035,323 that had people checking their old tickets.

In the days since the winning numbers were announced, Camelot has been inundated with claims.

Camelot said the fact that a ticket had been validated within 180 days of the draw meant it had not been submitted under its lost, stolen destroyed or damaged policy.

One woman, who bought a ticket in Worcester, had sought to verify whether hers was the winner after putting it through the wash, damaging its identifying barcode.

A Camelot spokesperson said: "It would have been awful if the ticket-holder had missed out on this substantial and life-changing amount of money. We would like to remind all National Lottery players to check their tickets every time they play."

The operator has been processing "hundreds of claims" of stolen, lost or destroyed tickets.

The prize money is half the record Lotto jackpot win - shared with a couple from Hawick who claimed their prize within days of the 9 January draw.

It could be you in trouble! Grandmother who claimed she put the winning £33m Lotto ticket through THIS washing machine may be prosecuted now the real winner has come forward

The winner of the £33m Lotto prize has chosen to remain anonymous

Ticket was not submitted under lost, stolen destroyed or damaged policy

This means it could not have been grandmother Susanne Hinte, 48

Miss Hinte claimed to have winning ticket but had put it in washing machine

Lottery bosses warn malicious false claims could lead to prosecution

See more National Lottery news at www.dailymail.co.uk/lotto

Do you know the winner of the £33million Lottery jackpot? Email [email protected]

By ANDY DOLAN and CHRISTIAN GYSIN and EMILY KENT SMITH FOR THE DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 14:41, 28 January 2016 | UPDATED: 19:46, 29 January 2016

The grandmother who said she had accidentally put a £33million lottery ticket through her washing machine could now face prosecution after the true winner claimed the jackpot.

Lottery organiser Camelot announced that, after days of speculation, the lucky ticket-holder had finally announced themselves, but wished to remain anonymous. Camelot has now warned it could take action if it suspected anyone of attempting to 'defraud the National Lottery'.

This rules out Susanne Hinte as Camelot does not pay out on damaged tickets till after its six-month claim deadline.

Hinte poses in front of her washing machine after claiming her winning £33million ticket was ruined in there

The winner of the £33m jackpot has chosen to remain anonymous

The winner has chosen to remain anonymous, but it is not grandmother-of-four Susanne Hinte, 48, of Worcester, (pictured) who said she had washed the winning ticket in her jeans

The news sparked calls for the 48-year-old – who has not been seen since Saturday – to be prosecuted over her production of a crumpled lottery ticket on which the ‘winning’ numbers were virtually the only information still legible.

As neighbours accused her of attempting fraud, Camelot left the door open to taking action against anyone who had tried to fraudulently claim the outstanding £33,035,323. Earlier this week, it said it would act if it thought someone had ‘intentionally attempted to defraud the National Lottery’. It received hundreds of claims in addition to Miss Hinte’s.

Edited by citizenB
removed duplicated sentences.

£33m Lotto jackpot winner to remain anonymous

Aye, time will tell :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I like to read Interestrates thread and found this http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-01-29/who-can-afford-american-dream-rental-rates-have-reached-apocalyptic-levels

It could be the UK! The responses after the main article are great:-D

There's a good one by WhackoWarner

thoughts in my day is that too much political talk in here, got those who hate the Tories and those who hate Labour, please can we restore harmony?. The world is full of interesting things besides Politics!

R.I.P Terry Wogan, ( not my favourite person but he did his bit )