• Tweets

• I have done a separate letter and form for each of the 3 debts and kind of ignored the Vodafone one for now    Thanks 
    • please refrain from posting blocks of text...use sentences and line spacing .... i notice your 1st post had been spaced and ive done your last three.... this is not facebook....its a forum. ........... it does matter how long BS takes i would cease payments now and a DCA is NOT A BAILIFF. they don't own your debts so can do NOTHING!! slow down and calm down , 4 post in 5 mins is no good. Debt management and Debt self-help - Consumer Action Group click the above link and go read a good 20+ thread in the above forum and all your questions will be answered  if you have any outstanding  then please post with them later. everything is explain in numerous thread already here for you to understand at your own pace. there is not rush to do anything today or the next 10days bar simply stop paying. though as explained in my last post, whichever way you go not pay will equal a default which will trash your credit file for 6yrs so the quicker you stop the quicker they will vanish . dx  
    • The funds were taken by eBay, rather than Paypal.  I presume Paypal collects the funds from eBay, and so eBay then sting me for the money.   But either way, before this money was taken from my account, my eBay account balance showed as -£85.  Yes, my bank account has been debited by this amount. eBay say that they are completely removed from the chargeback process, because it is carried out by the buyer's financial institution.  So, conveniently, they cannot help, other than by refunding the chargeback fee of £14. 
    • Perfect, thanks for the detailed response. One question, do you know how long it takes for the breathing space to get applied? Say for example I have payments due in 4 days and I apply today how does that work? Also, sorry for sounding stupid but what do you mean by default once the breathing space is in place? I mean what does "Default" mean.  After the breathing space is over and I wanted more time, what would happen? I can and will afford the payments after a few months but I just need that breather to sort some stuff out, as I have said I have never missed a payment. Sorry for the many replies but after doing a quick search, correct me if I am wrong. If it then does go into default and it goes to a collection agency am I right in saying they will send many letters and they may consider a claim? and I should only response if an official MoneyClaim is made? Also, If it does go into default does this severely affect my credit score? or will this only be in the case if a CCJ is applied.
    • there isn't one yet use the default mentioned already there. that covers all 3 debts as i assume the PAPLOC is for all 3 debts? dx  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Thoughts in your day

I was a passenger in car tday and stopping in the London traffic in Holloway heard an accordian and recognised the Godfather theme being played. I looked over and the musician was sitting underneath wall art image of the PM. Wonder if it's a Banksy ref Don Con. Interesting seeing people's thoughts.

A programme coming on Channel 4 being advertised called Humans. Is this the plan to create humanoids, compliant, efficient, to curb the population of the world which science says the planet will not be able to sustain.

Amazing spaces gr8 places. Inspiring watch.

Zac Goldsmith a poss next PM?

They cut Nurse numbers and wonder why agency spending has risen. I remember all this in the 80's same ol' same ol'

Right now thinking outside the box, not an expert on all the tech available to create renewable energy but let's say solar panels on hospitals, fitting systems where if you are not in a room the light goes off, all waste burnt goes to companies who can create energy from the source and those companies pay some back to the NHS.

Every time I look at a newspaper there is a story about another sink hole ? Is this something new or is the planet falling apart ?

If the planet has been mined so much and oil/gas extracted, surely this must affect the stability of the planet. Or do they fill in the areas where extraction has taken place ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

We moan about the amount of rain that we experience in the UK, but spare a thought for those living in California, where they are running out of water. Search online for pictures and news on this to see how bad it is.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I was reading Interestrateripoff posts and you can understand how globalisation is a phenonema which is changing amidst the lack of confidence between nations. Reasons why gold being used for trade instead of transferring numbers from one account to another. After the hell hole scenario you just can't trust the system. Countries want something that exists in a solid state, the disappearing act is made harder that way.

Coincidence the 'leak' came at same time PM wanting to show muscle at EU Summit. Gr8 PR, hey, we are also looking at how we can exit so there! It's an interesting club so for now it's a good watch.

Getting that feel of divide and conquer again. Lot of that in the 80's. Selling off housing assoc homes and taking staff benefits away from train companies. Both topics will stir up one opinion against another. With the housing proposal, makes you wonder about the London social cleansing as people could offer money bribes to tenants so they buy their homes and then sell them to that person with the dosh. Wonder if that really is far fetched. With the rail staff benefits, that's to stoke up anti union feeling mmm she didn't quite finish them all off last time so we're in for another attempt. Totally hypocritical, most public sector workers belong to a union and have perks. Read article below.

Article by Littlejohn tday Daily Male:madgrin: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3096783/RICHARD-LITTLEJOHN-Everybody-gravy-train-blundering-child-protection-chief-gets-six-figure-redundancy-package-strolls-lucrative-consultancy-department.html

NHS cuts mentioned part way down article see the surgeons holding a B&Q bag.

As you read down you will come across this 'Dame Carol said there was 'undoubtably a correlation' between the extended length of time Government staff receive full pay and benefits while off sick and the scale of their absenteeism'

but the Cabinet office refused to investigate the link because it was a 'political hot potato.'

My hope is that one day we will not have a Queens speech or a Kings speech. Britain should be able to move on to having a full democracy where the Head of State is elected. I don't care for the argument that we should not try to fix something that works. Many people are very fond of Queen Elizabeth, but they may not feel the same way about King Charles and Queen Camilla when they are sat on the thrones in parliament delivering the Kings speech.

We all know that the royal family and a powerful elite have too much influence on the UK, but we are reluctant to change, for fear of who would replace them. The answer is that in a modern world you need more leaders and more democracy, which is why it is inevitable that the UK will split into a federal arrangement and England will have regional government. There will also probably be more referendums with online voting.

I for one am not a fan of the Royals, do we really need them? Not here for an argument but they cost the taxpayer a lot!

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

Good to hear. Alan Johnson MP replies. Read CAG Mag here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?442509-CAG-Newsletter-From-January-2015&p=4741642#post4741642

Selling off housing assoc homes in the spotlight but not hearing about new affordable rental homes being built. It is not right or fair renting is veering towards private landlords. There should be adequate choice.

:!:

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019

• 2 weeks later...

following fifa issues, conmeron pledges global crackdown on corruption. lets hope that includes domestically, including the banks etc :)

When was the last time you bought an electronic product that was not made in China t[/url]

might be buying our power from them just now! plans considered for china to build and run a nuke power stn here!

• 2 weeks later...

wondering why Natwest taking so long to sort out the missing payments ( mine included ) not good enough

If Greece set up a website selling celebratory pots of taramasalata, help keep us in Europe campaign, £2 a time, would help. If every one in the world bought a £4 pack of goodies say the above plus a £2 pot of olives could be a part payment. They are in big doo doo as it would be £40 from practically everyone in the world to wipe out their debt.

Now, our debt is iro £4.8 tril. £78k on each of our heads.

If Greece set up a website selling celebratory pots of taramasalata, help keep us in Europe campaign, £2 a time, would help. If every one in the world bought a £4 pack of goodies say the above plus a £2 pot of olives could be a part payment. They are in big doo doo as it would be £40 from practically everyone in the world to wipe out their debt.

Now, our debt is iro £4.8 tril. £78k on each of our heads.

Countries have always had debts, as the world economic system runs on debt ? What is really different about the current situation ?

Can I suggest that reducing natural resources, increased populations, technology replacing human jobs and globalisation has a lot to do with it. Greece has always been a poor country, but they managed to get by, with low paid jobs and income from being a major holiday destination. Due to issues mentioned and global financial crisis affecting them, the weaknesses in their economy have hit them hard.

Greece needs to leave the Euro and start to find ways to generate money. They could attract foreign investors, who might like to build a new resorts, with holiday homes and leisure facilities. This creates building site jobs and jobs in the new resorts when they are up and running. Greece may need to sell off land to developers at a rate that is attractive, to attract investment. There are very rich Greeks living in London and Monaco, who might be willing to invest.

russia maybe :)

"...The most important things for us are investment projects and trade with Greece. If financial support is required, we will consider this question..."

http://news.sky.com/story/1504541/russia-looking-at-financial-support-for-greece

Yes this Russian connection keeps cropping up. As Uncle B says they really do need to push their tourism industry. A fabulous country to enjoy.

Now it seems the rail project is on hold, and it turns out this was well known before the election. We didn't hear about that.

No substance in the answers given by Amber Rudd on Question Time tnite. Load of waffle and the audience made her aware of that. I bet Mr C is glad he's bailing out in next couple of years.

I heard the Houses of Parliament are so leaky, someone sitting at their desk, laptop open, feels a drip:madgrin: of water, then more drips on the keyboard. Looks up to see source of the drips. It is discovered it's wee dripping from the leaky mens loos!

PC wee:madgrin::madgrin:

I hope money belonging to the UK has not been overly exposed to lending cash to Greece. Was it Goldman Sachs who were paid money to complete a report as to whether Greece complied with the criteria to join EU. Not sure how they managed to get a yes on that as like some of us who have previously posted on this issue, would have said they don't fit the criteria. Must have been another reason for entry, lots of armery maybe? Who knows the name of the game.

Keep hearing the murderers in Tunisia were on the radar. Once on don't take off, or ignore. We all need to be vigilant as we go about our business as the murderers are always looking for opportunities.

There was a strange man arrested in Watford in the last month dressed in a Burka carrying an unexploded device. I haven't heard anymore on that. Someone noticed he was acting strangly and it was acted upon. I've also heard there was an anti western protest march in Luton ystday.