Thoughts in your day

A UKIP Conservative alliance in a coalition Government, it's all the same thing? Maybe it was a cunning plan from the start.

There was sour grapes over Barak Obama's immigration reform speech, just because he's being Presidential!

I wanted to start this thread as a middle ground for 'What made you smile/swear today.' We have thoughts which don't make us smile or swear but you contemplate on an issue. What concerns you, what worries you, how you would rectify it. There's also the good things that work, you may have new ideas, a space for any thoughts you have on your mind.

My thought today is how large privatised companies can hold the country to ransom, being big and powerful and if there's a problem you will do our bidding. The Banks and energy companies come to mind.

Just bumping this up.

Black Friday. I feel it's a ploy to get us spending. Need to make their minds up as I would have thought it's not the best policy to encourage people to spend in a frenzy when times are hard. I'm not convinced the best of bargains are out there, just a morsel for the many to scrabble over.

Ironically black friday originated in pre civil war times in the US.

Winter is coming. Sell slaves cheap so we dont have to maintain them through winter.

Dispicable tradition

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

The government won't ban 'Black Friday' until someone gets 'killed'.

In 2008, a crowd of approximately 2,000 shoppers in Valley Stream, New York, waited outside for the 5:00 am opening of the local Wal-Mart. As opening time approached, the crowd grew anxious and when the doors were opened the crowd pushed forward, breaking the door down, and trampling a 34-year old employee to death. The shoppers did not appear concerned with the victim's fate, expressing refusal to halt their stampede when other employees attempted to intervene and help the injured employee, complaining that they had been waiting in the cold and were not willing to wait any longer. Shoppers had begun assembling as early as 9:00 PM the evening before. Even when police arrived and attempted to render aid to the injured man, shoppers continued to pour in, shoving and pushing the officers as they made their way into the store. Several other people incurred minor injuries, including a pregnant woman who had to be taken to the hospital.[/url] The incident may be the first case of a death occurring during Black Friday sales; according to the National Retail Federation, "We are not aware of any other circumstances where a retail employee has died working on the day after Thanksgiving."

I agree Termi, I am quite cynical about the varying levels of 'customer dis-service' one receives even phoning a company to upgrade... it is as if they dton't actually want to speak to you, let alone ALLOW you to find a 'Contact Us' on their website.

As far as Black Friday and Cyber Monday goes, I see it as a way of retailers clearing their warehouses of items they have not been able to previously sell at a 'profit margin' and also for them to make some people feel 'If I don't buy it now I will never be able to afford it'. Haloween comes to mind as well, have you noticed that the tins of sweets sold then are slightly higher priced (and smaller tin sizes) than the previous months offerings...also another way of getting rid of the Xmas overstock!

I didn't buy anything other than a couple of drinks in the pub yesterday, because I don't really need anything electrical replaced and what I do want is best purchased in the January sales.

We don't need to import 'customs' from other countries, and should be creating a few new ones of our own.

• 1 month later...

They keep telling us, the electorate, what issues the General Election will be fought on. One issue not raised properly yet is Foreign Aid. MP's really do need to listen and engage with people on the street.

Maybe a certain party will try and win us over with their autobahn advert:madgrin: going nowhere fast:car:

Suggestion to other parties, set up a campaign poster competition.

Maybe CAG could be an independent party:party:

• 2 weeks later...

There's been reports in the past on this drug but I believe everyone should be aware of it's existence, and from what I hear it's on our streets. Do we all remember on the news a short while ago, a small shop owner is seen handing over his wallet to a man who was a thief. He seemed to just walk in, 'hypnotise' the shop owner and the wallet was handed to the thief. We didn't hear any more of that incident but my guess is it's this drug which was used. If a small amount of the drug dust is blown at you, you comply with whatever is asked of you and you lose memory of what happened whilst under it's influence. Maybe there should be an advert campaign, what happens in clubs and bars comes to mind and any citizen caught unawares.

http://www.messagetoeagle.com/devilsbreath.php#.VLwD6UesWbM

• 2 weeks later...
posted Nov 2014. A UKIP Conservative alliance in a coalition Government, it's all the same thing? Maybe it was a cunning plan from the start.

This situation is becoming more apparent now.

Greece imo did not meet the criteria to enter the eurozone in the first place, why so much surprise this is all happening now. The question is, what is the ultimate goal of gathering up countries into one.

When the subject of being 'chipped' raised it's head again, the imagination runs wild. Lot's of good stuff like auto health check can come out of it, but the Pandora box opens to being controlled. The Cyborgs are coming?

I read years ago Mrs Thatcher was very aware of the private life personal preferences of those in her circle. I understand she made comments but that's as far as it went.

posted Nov 2014. A UKIP Conservative alliance in a coalition Government, it's all the same thing? Maybe it was a cunning plan from the start.

This situation is becoming more apparent now.

Greece imo did not meet the criteria to enter the eurozone in the first place, why so much surprise this is all happening now. The question is, what is the ultimate goal of gathering up countries into one.

When the subject of being 'chipped' raised it's head again, the imagination runs wild. Lot's of good stuff like auto health check can come out of it, but the Pandora box opens to being controlled. The Cyborgs are coming?

The EU is about dealing with globalisation issues. Europe is old money and is now threatened by the emergence of China, India etc. Europe has never had an abundance of natural resources and has relied on trading with the world. The emerging economies with their large populations can apply cheaper Labour and they can out compete us for the natural resources. Look at China in Africa and also in Australia, where they are trying to get the minerals out of the ground as quickly as possible to support their growing economy. Look at the Asian investments made in the UK and how much US debt is owned by China.

The Euro was part of the process of building a more federal EU, which was always the intention. If you search online you will find speeches by those who were behind building the EU, that the end of the journey was a federal EU. The UK was on this journey until the late 1980's when Mrs Thatcher started to encounter growing opposition in the Tory party. This continued into the Major government, which signed up to Maastrict. There was no chance of the UK joining the Euro, because after the ERm problems in the early 1990's, the economic conditions were against it.

Austerity is part of a plan by right wing parties in Europe to reduce the size of state spending on public services, which they believe cannot be afforded in the new world we are in. They want to move to a position of having smaller safety nets provided by the state and for there to be more charity involvement. This is on the basis that government won't collect the taxes needed from businesses or higher earners or wealthy. Those on the left of politics believe that if you stimulate growing economies through public investment, that you can pay for decent state services. The means that you do allow some extra debt, if it is used for investment purposes.

As for Greece, they need to be able to repay debt over a much longer period and to be able to make the changes, without subjecting their people to decades of poverty.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 2 weeks later...

I hope i'm witnessing a moral stance presiding in the financial industry, about time. My belief is it's all the wrong doings which cause the problems in the first place.Tax matters exposed, which is inter connected to whistle blowing in general. The wrong things in society which have been allowed to continue because of the fear of losing your job.

I thought young people travelling to Turkey without older family members were going to be stopped from travelling until their situation and identities were verified. Create a holding bay space so it doesn't cause hold ups when checking in. In times like these it's a sad fact to have to do. You would have thought the girls risking their lives to return from extremist clutches would be a deterrent. Seems not.

Surprised at the newspapers this week commenting on Kate's hair. You report MP's are out of touch, so are the paps, unnecessary intrusion and on front pages. I thought this was going to stop after Princess Diana's experiences with the press.

When has it ever been the case to pay tax on tax; silly me petrol duty has VAT on it.

Oh dear, I only got 1% pay rise this year says the rich man; tell you what I'd take the 1% of your £1 million salary over my pension rise anyday.

We're all in it together, RUBBISH. Percentages don't work, want it to be a fairer society give every working age person the same pay rise of only £1000 a year capped for life and listen to who moans the loudest. Yes you guessed it, "The people who aren't in it together."

Fat people, druggies and alcholoics clog up the NHS, strange the last time I was there I felt old age should be banned and anyone playing a sport should not be let through the doors. The National health is there no matter who or what, can you say that for BUPA! The rich always use the many as their safe guard.

When I was young and every thing was Nationalised, YES the didn't make money; everybody did!!! and I owned it. Strange when everything was sold off I never got my cheque, did you?

The latest energy saving, money saving devices go into the newest devices for the people with the most, who can afford to buy them saving them even more money. The poor who cant afford solar panel and new car with zero road tax pay through the nose for everything using more so paying more with the smallest pay rises.

Ever wondered why the rich poor gap is getting wider.

Change starts with a single person, if only we could stop the rich killing that person off, oh yes, forgot, that's what we call politics. The party system is designed to stop change, only a Nuclear war will change anything now.

People forget greed is bad!

Edited by Grumpy consumer
spelling

I believe we are starting to see the demise of the NHS. Jobs are gradually being migrated to private companies. Jobs are being downgraded to pay staff less. Staff being asked to reapply for their jobs. Seems it's being done under the radar so it doesn't get noticed.

Its already happened in teaching, its called Academies, it means underfunded schools are now even more underfunded to cover the cost of the Administrators like SERCO, who have fingers in everything.

This quote from earlier interested me.

The thought the most clever and able always come from the privileged schooling as was George Osborne's inference I think. Granted the facilities are top notch but intelligence does not stop with these education establishments. Intelligence is one thing they don't hold the monopoly on.

Remember:

Intelligence can bought hence the old boys brigade will never disappear, wisdom on the other hand lies in the hands of everybody who seeks to see the truth not those who create the truth because of who they know.

clarification

Quote from earlier

A poll of peoples views on politicians found they thought politicians were weird arrogant and out of touch.

There not out of touch, they chose to be in touch with those who can best further their own interests and financial future. There can never be equality for all in a party system by its very definition you are in a group who look after the group not EVERY ONE.

wanted the quote one, spelling

I'm not talking to myself:madgrin:

The Theory of Everything and The Imitation Game, seen these films recently. In both I noticed how chance life experiences influenced thinking outcome.

The Theory has made me think of pyramids and triangles in a different way. Were the pyramids the Egyptians interpretation of how much turns into the point of nothing.

Manchester Evening Post tday http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/alan-turings-family-demand-pardon-8695474

I thought young people travelling to Turkey without older family members were going to be stopped from travelling until their situation and identities were verified. Create a holding bay space so it doesn't cause hold ups when checking in. In times like these it's a sad fact to have to do. You would have thought the girls risking their lives to return from extremist clutches would be a deterrent. Seems not.

A Turkish Airlines official told the BBC the airline is only responsible for checking that visas are valid for passengers before check-in and boarding flights and that all other security issues before flight are "the responsibility of the official airport authorities".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31554844

How did they apply for these visas without question ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Is life really chance or a realisation of an opportunity which ultimately leads to you defining yourself and thus your thinking.

Two choices "That fire is hot, I burnt myself,I won't touch fire again; life experience.

"That fire is hot don't touch; wisdom gained through experience."

Both influence thinking but one only really gives true knowledge not perceived knowledge.

Hence we have politicians who make policies about the benefits system.

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen a TV report. It showed the simple solution of having a separate unit for recuperation and a waiting facility before moving into the community after an operation. This frees up acute beds. We did have this satellite unit set up years ago, better known as cottage hosps, and the powers that be thought it would be a money saver to close them. Another false economy.

It was said tday that around 25,000 children find themselves in hosps being treated for bad teeth. Surely the government can find the money for every child to have their second teeth coated to protect from decay which is highly effective.

With ref to the budget, it was said tax evaders and their helpers would be stopped from the practise and if necessary, prosecuted. How does that work out for the companies operating in this country who are registered abroad and don't pay the tax which would be collected if it was registered in Britain. I suspect people and companies wanting to evade tax will just register themselves off shore. The tax evasion statement was as shallow as it gets.

Get rich quick schemes, if something seems too good to be true, it probably is. It also doesn't sit comfortably with family values that we are told is their ethos.

There's rules for some and rules for others. Seeing a lot of that lately, although it's always been there, social media is making us more aware. There's also people who are too big to fall, rather like the banks.