Thomas cook Package disaster

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Booked a Holiday with the travel house for a holiday to Cyprus a package holiday with Thomas cook.

Upon arrival at airport there were no transfers booked for us we were eventually put in a taxi, upon arriving at hotel at 4am there was no reservation although we were given a room that was stinking was full of damp and blood stains on the sheets see the photos attached.

Due to this i phoned Thomas cook duty line to register a complaint to be "told dont like it fly home do you know what time it is im sleeping"

The next morning the Thomas cook rep came to site after hotel staff wanted to evict me as after 5 requests to change my bloddy sheets my partner went down and after a debate told them the room was not fit for a tramp he was not aggressive just a general frustrated comment.

When the tour rep arrived at holiday we raised concerns with her including, no reservations or transfers, condition of room and hotel supposed to be 4*, location of hotel as was described as in heart of town was in middle of nowhere also I witnessed rats and cats in kitchen area and requested a hotel move and was told it would be 500 euro. She didnt resolve any of the issues the bloody sheets were still on bed when she left but she did kindly give me a final written warning for the comment to hotel staff about the room not being fit for a tramp.

After she left I contacted the uk head office only to be told that they cant deal with complaints till I was back in UK.

After a day of using the all inclusive facilities the next day which were available from 10am- 12 midnight at 11.30pm a group of six of us were asked to keep the volume down as other guests had complained, we were only 6 people under 50 as we were in a saga resort. we shortly left and went to our rooms.

The following morning still being in the same room with dirt and blood stained bed after sleeping on the sofa we were evicted from the hotel for the disturbance we had cause with 4 others they were not penalized although there was no disturbance just sat drinking at poolside.

The rep kindly informed us the eviction ment the contract with thomas cook no longer existed and waited for us to leave before driving off and leaving us stranded.

I paid additional flight costs to come home as it was a holiday from hell that lasted 50 hours.

Upon being back in UK I have made a formal complaint to Thomas cook and there response is below.

Dear Mr *****

I am writing in response to the correspondence you sent to our CEO, Harriet Green, regarding your travel arrangements with Thomas Cook. As I act on Harriet's behalf in matters relating to customer service, this has been forwarded to me for investigation.I am sorry to read of the issues you have had with Thomas Cook, and have investigated this.

I tried to call you, but I could not be connected to your mobile.

Naturally I was concerned to read that you were unhappy with your hotel. It is your, and your travel agent's responsibility, to ensure that the location and facilities are what you expect from a holiday. Had the hotel been in a lively resort, I do not believe that you would have been so unhappy with the hotel, and the situation would not have unfolded in the way it did.

Reading the notes, I can see that Travel House offered to pay 50% of costs to change your hotel, yet you were unwilling to accept this. You were also unwilling to accept any of the suggestions Thomas Cook staff made in resort.

You became increasingly unhappy, and your behaviour was deemed unacceptable by guests, staff and other tour operators in the ******* hotel, and as such, the manager asked that you leave the hotel. Had you accepted any of the resolutions offered to you, you would not have been asked to leave, or had to pay for flights home.

Unfortunately as a result of your and ***** behaviour, I am unable to offer any refund or compensation. If you are still unhappy, then please contact ABTA. Their website is http://abta.com/.

I appreciate this is not the outcome you were hoping for, but our decision remains, and will remain, that no compensation will be paid.

Kind Regards,

Directors' Office

The travel house at no point offered to pay additional accommodation costs and Thomas cooks alternatives were move hotels at a cost of 500 euro.

I feel i have exhausted all avenues even tried to do a charge back on my visa card but this has been declined by bank as services have been received.

You may read this and think its your own fault but it was genuinely a quiet conversation in a group that warranted eviction apparently and telling reception staff the room was not fit for a tramp ( please see pics and advise for yourself)

Any advice much appreciated[ATTACH=CONFIG]47144[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47145[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47146[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47147[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]47148[/ATTACH]

Avoid TC like the plague.

Best thing to do is having a good travel insurance.

There's not much you can do now rather than escalate your complaint.

Unfortunately they have stitched you up by saying that they offered 50% for a better hotel and that you caused a nuisance.

I bet they logged all in their incident book.

Good luck