Cex online refund problem*RESOLVED*

fuzzgun19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3801 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm having a problem with Cex online.

I bought something from their website for over £100, and wanted to pay by Cex voucher.

Their policy for this is - you make payment using Paypal or a card, then you have to post your voucher to them, and they will issue a refund to the card used for original payment to the value of the voucher/s.

As soon as I'd received the item I sent off the voucher.

A few days later I came to use the item, but it was faulty. I emailed Cex, and they replied saying to send the item back which I did. A few days later I received a Paypal refund for the full amount.

Shortly after that, I emailed them to ask what was happening with the Cex voucher I sent to them, and they replied saying it had indeed been used as payment for the item ordered.

So, I have now bought the item and paid by Cex voucher.

They now owe me a refund for the faulty item in the form of a voucher. I've emailed them a few times trying to explain and ask when I'll receive my voucher refund, but they keep emailing back saying I've already had a refund back to my original payment method (Paypal).

They don't seem to understand how their own system works.

I think I will need to send them a letter to try to get the money back, and have drafted this... any thoughts?

26th October 2013

NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT PROCEEDINGS

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Buy-From CEX Order number: xxxxxxxx / Refund & Missing 'balance' voucher.

I have tried contacting Cex via the 'contact us' form on your web page/e-mail numerous times and have not received a favourable response.

I purchased a camera from your website on 17th September 2013.

Upon receiving the camera, I posted a Cex voucher to you on 28th September 2013 to cover payment for my order ID: xxxxxx for you to refund the money spent back to my Paypal account.

The voucher can be tracked on the Royal Mail website and my tracking details show you received the vouchers on 30th September 2013. The tracking number is: XB335564116GB.

I sent in a voucher to the value of: £114.00. The total to be refunded back to my Paypal account was: £107.50. I am also due a voucher refund of £6.50

The Paypal refund owed was successfully refunded on 17th October 2013, however, I am still awaiting the outstanding balance voucher of £6.50.

So, I have now paid for the camera by Cex voucher, therefore I am due a refund by Cex voucher of £107.50, and also the outstanding balance voucher of £6.50.

As this situation has prolonged with no movement from yourselves, I am therefore forced to give you 7 working days notice to resolve the situation before escalating this matter to both Trading Standards and the Small Claims Court at which point any costs incurred for taking this action will be added on top of my claim.

If I do not receive a response or the voucher before 08/11/2013, I will regretfully be forced into taking this action.

Yours faithfully

Can you post a link to the actual website you used please ?

With CEX (or as my daughter says-SEX) When you trade stuff in, you can get cash or store credit.(store credit is a higher rate than cash to encourage shop spend) I am assuming this is what fuzzgun has.

As they still have the value of the voucher, I suggest a Forma;l Complaint to their offices

CeX Ltd

Unit A

Greycaines House

21 Greycaines Road

Watford

WD24 7GP

Send it Recorded delivery to ensure delivery.

Have you followed pre action protocol before commencing legal action?

Preliminary claim?

Letter before action?

• Confused 1

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

A couple of things to note, you should do a spyware scan and a registry and full clean using Spybot and Ccleaner. Both are free.

The site admits that is uses spyware.

We collect information regarding customer activities on our website.

They also disseminate your personal information:

To help us provide superior service, CeX may share personal information within the CeX Group. The CeX Group includes CeX Ltd, our franchisees, our subsidiaries and our affiliates who will take steps to safeguard it in accordance with CeX privacy policy.

I like your letter. If you can, get a brown envelope from your local newsagent and send it in that recorded.

• Confused 1

Silverfox, yes that's correct it is store credit in the form of a voucher.

My only communication with them so far is by email, so this would be my first letter.

Should I be marking it with "NOTICE OF INTENDED COURT PROCEEDINGS" or have I got this wrong?

A couple of things to note, you should do a spyware scan and a registry and full clean using Spybot and Ccleaner. Both are free.

The site admits that is uses spyware.

They also disseminate your personal information:

I like your letter. If you can, get a brown envelope from your local newsagent and send it in that recorded.

Thank you. Does it matter what colour the envelope is?

I would print off copies off all transactions and put it together with written notes along with a normal letter (not threatening court action etc) first. It might be that they just can't get their head round it, especially if more than one person is dealing with the emails.

I have just received a refund for a faulty item from them and they were rather slow in processing it.

Good luck.

• Confused 1

Another trick is to address the letter 'Private and Confidential' and addressed to Robert Dudani at the address above.

You could email him direct if you wish

[email protected]

I wouldn't bother with 'Notice of intended etc...' just yet. I know this can be a long drawn out process but it is easier (and less stressful) to deal without court action. That is really a last resort.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well they do seem to be ignoring you so the only option I can see IS court action.

As I said before, court action follows a protocol. Complaint, letter before action, court.

If your last letter did not include 'Notice Before etc.' as I advised, now is the time to send it.

This is their registered address with companies house so legal notices need to go there

C.E.X. LIMITED

STERLING HOUSE

FULBOURNE ROAD

LONDON

E17 4EE

Usually the terminology is Letter Before Action.

I would send the same letter with a few changes such as, "As you have failed to respond to my previous communications."

Include copies of previous letters to show you have followed protocol.

Also include, "You have had ample opportunity to resolve this matter amicably and as such, if no response is received within (7/14 days) or the response is less than satisfactory, I will initiate court action with no further recourse to yourselves."

Those are the type of words I would use. You can always choose your own

I was just preparing to write my next letter when I received an email from Cex.

It contains a printable Cex voucher for the full amount they owe me!

Looks like they are just realllllly slow, but I've now received the refund. Thanks for all the help :-D

About ruddy time too.

My suggestion. Use it quickly-just in case

I will mark this thread resolved

Well done for persevering

:whoo: