• Tweets

• I have a copy of my written report , bare with me whilst i find this out. Its not very long as AX told me to just explain the start and finish of the accident. Also, i had explained the accident to them around 50 times via the telephone before they requested a statement.   Is this diagram good enough or do you need me to draw one out ? 
    • i have put the diagrams in to a PDF so we know who is viewing them and to make it easy to zoom. should you wish to start any kind of private action against the other party we wouldn't want them to view them without becoming a member posted directly to screen means anyone can see them.   as i indicated on the other thread, i don't think you will have much if a chance of avoiding 50/50 or even worse on this it doesn't matter what the van driver did or didn't do wrong, the ins co' will have looked at the photos of your car and its damage and concluded your speed etc for the prevalent road conditions was not appropriate, esp as you live there know the road layout well and have indicated it's issues of narrow 1 lane travel .        
    • Thank you. That's very helpful. We would like the diagrams please. I understand that you have completed a written report or statement or completed a form with your account of the accident – but you haven't kept a copy for yourself. Is this correct?
    • Yes i have all the van drivers details .   I referred to ' driving slowly' to my property because the front end of my vehicle was badly damaged , the bonnet was completely cumbled- exposing the engine underneath. I drove slowly as i was scared of my car catching fire or something whilst i was inside . i drove around 2mp round the corner to my property.   It was a transit van, no passengers in the van. He had been in the area working. He lives in another city.   It was 16:25pm, no lights on any vehicles as it was day light. 
    • yes 10 is it that are still not 'accounted for' - possibly the extra 6 billion? Seems likely that despite the already identified horrendous waste of taxpayer money, failure of competence, lying and crony-ism .. the worst may be (likely is) yet to come
  • Our picks

• I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 33 replies
  • Recommended Topics

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2689 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

When I first purchased a phone with Vodafone I honestly couldn't have been happier

however about three months ago my partner was driving me home

when all of a sudden at the end of my street I lost signal.

Ignoring this and figuring this would get be temporary

I got home and this continued for a further three hours.

This was the point at which I rang technical support who got me to do the usual taking out my battery

changing my network to no avail

he then checked and told me there was a planned outage and that it would in fact be okay tomorrow.

This is where it starts to get sticky

because you see I'm engaged

have trouble getting about without support

and I collapse and stop breathing

my phone has in fact saved my life because I've been able to get medical

and family support straight away because I carry my phone everywhere

so 24 hours without it is dangerous.

24 hours came and went and it still didn't work

eventually I got a semblance of service but it cut out in the middle of calls frequently

and a lot of the time it took several attempts before a call would connect

this in my case could harm my life

I need to be able to contact help.

Further to this calls often go straight to voicemail because there is no service.

This has continued for three months with me ringing the call centre a lot.

Yesterday I rang spoke to one lady and went through the whole rigmarole of taking out my battery

and changing my provider

none of this worked so she transferred me to the rudest man in the world

who argued with me to the point where I began to cry.

I then lost signal...again!

I rang back still extremely upset and asked to speak to a manager who was so nice

and accepted that this was in fact unacceptable and he gave me the option of cancelling my contract free of charge

because of the appalling service and stated that my phone would be collected within 2 days

and that I could then get my puk number.

Today I wanted to check the details further and was told this wouldn't be happening

no such thing had been said and that I have 2g so everything's fine.

I explained repeatedly that I have no service to no avail.

I want to leave I've had enough and feel I've been treated appallingly

but need to know what my rights are regarding this

can anyone help my health is bad enough

but today I collapsed 7 times due to the stress I can't take anymore.

hi we have a very good Vodafone rep onboard

whom i'm sure will sort this as soon as he sees it

can I advise you to follow the instructions below

and comeback with the ref code and post it on this thread when you get it

regards

dx

cag siteteam.

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

****Also you will get an auto reply number. Post the number you get back in YOUR thread ***

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi sweetbride,

I'm sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with the level of service you've recently received from us.

For further help with network related queries I'd initially recommend following the troubleshooting steps on our eForum here.

If you'd also like to discuss things further with me could you email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To make sure it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as soon as possible?

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations

Vodafone UK