• Tweets

• A consent order is an agreement from the creditor to set aside, in this case if you agree a repayment plan. It also reduces the cost of the set-aside to £100 rather than £255.
    • Morning    Quick question, anyone here get pension credit?   If so how long  does it take before you get it ?   I applied for this several weeks ago, told am entitled to it, nothing since, I rang up last week to ask as was told it had been processed  and read to go, was asked what bank account wanted it paid into, I said same as my state pension. Woman said ok  it should be in soon if nothing by next week ring us back!   Have checked account and nothing, just been awarded Housing benefit and council tax help   Sandy xx
    • Hi, I received the parking ticket in the post a couple of weeks after I was in the car park at Gillingham ice bowl. I’d been waiting for my grandson to come out. I stayed in the car and because I didn’t know how long he was going to be it didn’t occur to me to pay for parking. I told them that when I got the fine. After that I ignored them because I was indignant about being fined. Eventually they stopped although they did change to a different company. I haven’t heard from them for over six months and out of the blue I get this letter.  I’ve paid for some legal advice which was and wasn’t helpful. 
    • Don't forget the one about the virus having Christmas Day off, 🤯 HT.
    • I guess we can expect ‘clarification’ from the PM tonight while the sky fills with flying pigs. My best guess on further measures: You can cross parish boundaries as long as you hop on one foot whilst humming happy birthday  Cars can move between different boroughs with differing restrictions as long as the combined ages of the occupants total no more than 90 years If your journey involves crossing county boundaries you need to download a government approved eye test chart and use this as your permit to travel.      
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 4 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

SORN Vehicle and parking on a Driveway

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2525 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This is an enquiry only

If a vehicle is registered with DVLA as sorn and is parked on a driveway of a HA tenant, can the HA come knocking at your door to tell you that unless you remove the vehicle from your driveway they will get it towed away?

This is basically where you pay the rent and council tax in full and your car is on the driveway of the property you rent but do not have a garage

It might depend on the tenancy agreement.

It sounds very strange because if you are renting the house and driveway it should be seen as 'your' space, but that's the only reason I can think of to explain why they may be able to do this.

if its private property

and the car is SORN

you are OK.

legally they cannot touch it.

is the parking space on your lease

and are you issued with a permit?

dx

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.

nothing to do with them

its private property.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s -  would collapse overnight.

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs - that's why they will never tell you they are not bailiffs and have absolutely zero legal powers on any debt.