style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2235 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

This week I had a letter from the Halifax advising me that they were reducing my faciity from

£1750 to £250., because " I have not been using it" I have been with them for over 40 years.

The facility enables me to make "emergency payments or holiday deposits".

On average my account is £300 in credit

My pensions of about £900 pm is paid in directly

I have not been overdrawn for at least 15 Years

My credit rating is very good

The account is topped up when required from my Natwest account, which receives my returns from investments.

My overall credit limit with Barclaycard and RBS CREDIT cards £10.000.00, and when used always paid monthly in full.

When I rang to complain, they agreed to uplift it to £1000 Max. I have written back to Halifax and told them I am agreived and to reconsider the decision, I have always been satisfied with them, but I may have to break this relationship of over 40 years.

I await a reply

Any comments or advice please?

third one of recent times exactly the same about Halifax

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

This post echoes all the sentiments I felt and have also complained about the tone of the letter, the time spent being held on the phone and lack of respect for someone who has banked with the Halifax for 20 years