Any one else have problems with the new DLA form ?

mikv
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am trying to complete mine but am shocked to see nearly all the questions are centered around people who can walk, so for example there are no choices for wheelchair users when getting around , just those who can walk.

It doesn't even ask if you can stand , or reach etc any more either , I mean I might as well write them a whole dossier as there is nothing really there at all geared towards asking questions about serious disability.

mike

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mike, I am a bit slow at times is it the P.I.P form you are asking about.

Edited for information.

If it is this is the assessment criteria.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/pip-assessment-criteria

Also this is a good guide

http://www.disabilityrightsuk.org/personal-independence-payment-pip

Edited by mr_mastiff

No , not from what I can see , its just a revised version of last years dla form.

I shouldn't have to deal with PIP till 2015.

There are so many questions missed out however , I was thinking of just printing them out ( my photocopied responses ) from the form I filled out last year.

Do you think that would be a problem ?

mike

Edited by mikv

I am trying to complete mine but am shocked to see nearly all the questions are centered around people who can walk, so for example there are no choices for wheelchair users when getting around , just those who can walk.

It doesn't even ask if you can stand , or reach etc any more either , I mean I might as well write them a whole dossier as there is nothing really there at all geared towards asking questions about serious disability.

mike

From what I can see the latest version of the DLA 1 has been around since October 2011!!!

yes , been on them for a while.

mike

Hi Mike I am getting confused .A few years ago I was given a life time award, I have since been told I would be assessed for PIP from 2015.

Were you given an award for a set period of time and you are being reassessed.

From what I can see the latest version of the DLA 1 has been around since October 2011!!!

then what did I get ?

as it has DLA 1 jan 2013 on it but is nothing like the one from the last few years ( possibly since 11 ) cant remember ,

Its nearly all care focused questions with only 10 questions asking about physical problems related to walking ( q 25 - 35 ) when getting around.

mike

Hi Mike I am getting confused .A few years ago I was given a life time award, I have since been told I would be assessed for PIP from 2015.

I was given award for set period previously yes , so I suppose this is a reassessment , even though there is no note to say otherwise.

do you think they sent me a new application by mistake ?

On the old form they had mental, cognitive functions all in one category as they did physical - which going out was part of , I do not get at all how that has been reduced to something now only affiliated with walking, and those who can walk while ignoring everything else.

mike

Edited by mikv

then what did I get ?

as it has DLA 1 jan 2013 on it but is nothing like the one from the last few years ( possibly since 11 ) cant remember ,

Its nearly all care focused questions with only 10 questions asking about physical problems related to walking ( q 25 - 35 ) when getting around.

mike

Then I don't honestly know. I can't find any version on the net that is dated 2013.

I can't quite understand this, why would the government redesign the DLA1 in 2013 when PIP started in April 2013?

Are you sure that it says DLA1 and that it isn't the shortened version for renewals only?

If you wait until next week you can apply for PIP instead of DLA - saves having to complete two claims over the next 24 months.

Everybody will be reassessed for PIP no matter what their DLA award was for. Only those over 65 in April 2013 and under 16's are exempt from this new benefit.

Then I don't honestly know. I can't find any version on the net that is dated 2013.

I can't quite understand this, why would the government redesign the DLA1 in 2013 when PIP started in April 2013?

Are you sure that it says DLA1 and that it isn't the shortened version for renewals?

Positive it says DLA1 bottom left front page.

no idea , but it is definitely no the same form as before.

mike

mike

Well if that is the case, you should fill it in to the best of your ability. If they have sent you the wrong form, either ring them up or wait to see what happens when you return it completed.

As I have already said, you can wait until next week and go for PIP instead.

no idea , but it is definitely no the same form as before.

mike

I was hoping that one of the experts would advise on this. Due to the confusion I would do as planned in your previous post and fill it in and send all your additional information in as well.

Mike could you scan the form and post it up.

I think it is a renewal form. This may help you as a guideline.

http://www.actionforme.org.uk/Resources/Action%20for%20ME/Documents/get-informed/dla-filling-in-form-factsheet.pdf

Edited by mr_mastiff

I am getting confused .A few years ago I was given a life time award, I have since been told I would be assessed for PIP from 2015.

Hello mr_mastiff

From 2015 DLA people age 16 to 64 claimant Life time award will be wrote to informing of a date that your DLA will Stop,from that date onwards you will be invited to claim PIP

Under PIP there will be regular assessment and No more life time awards....

https://www.gov.uk/pip

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Hello mr_mastiff

From 2015 DLA people age 16 to 64 claimant Life time award will be wrote to informing of a date that your DLA will Stop,from that date onwards you will be invited to claim PIP

Under PIP there will be regular assessment and No more life time awards....

https://www.gov.uk/pip

Thanks I was not confused about PIP and being reassessed from 2015. I am just confused about which form MIKV has received. I am fairly sure now that this is a renewal form which is still valid until the end of october.

I must really make myself clear when I make posts LOL

If your DLA renewal is due between now and February, you'll be sent a DLA renewal form, which I assume is what the OP has. Those whose award end after February / life time awards who report a change in circumstance, can claim PIP now.

Thankyou for clearing that up.

I was hoping that one of the experts would advise on this. Due to the confusion I would do as planned in your previous post and fill it in and send all your additional information in as well.

Mike could you scan the form and post it up.

I think it is a renewal form. This may help you as a guideline.

http://www.actionforme.org.uk/Resources/Action%20for%20ME/Documents/get-informed/dla-filling-in-form-factsheet.pdf

Thats the one - thanks

mike

Thanks I was not confused about PIP and being reassessed from 2015. I am just confused about which form MIKV has received. I am fairly sure now that this is a renewal form which is still valid until the end of october.

I must really make myself clear when I make posts LOL

Problem is people dont realises when it's there turn from 2015,people will be wrote to and told there DLA will stop,from that date you will be invited to claim PIP.

Unlike the IB to ESA move where people where still getting paid.

There will be No payments made from the date your DLA was stopped,until the results of your PIP what ever the decision may be...

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

Problem is people dont realises when it's there turn from 2015,people will be wrote to and told there DLA will stop,from that date you will be invited to claim PIP.

Unlike the IB to ESA move where people where still getting paid.

There will be No payments made from the date your DLA was stopped,until the results of your PIP what ever the decision may be...

Noted thankyou.

I was told that DLA was payable until they've made a decision on PIP?

That was my understanding. I have been doing some research on various Gov/uk sites and in the mythbuster Q/A section it states this.

If you are awarded Personal

Independence Payment we will

ensure there are no gaps between

benefit payments so long as you send

us the information we need when we

ask for it.

This is the site.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/205791/pip-myth-buster.pdf

DLA payments will stop from 2015 onwards when it's your turn !

I was told that DLA was payable until they've made a decision on PIP?

That was my understanding. I have been doing some research on various Gov/uk sites and in the mythbuster Q/A section it states this.

If you are awarded Personal

Independence Payment we will

ensure there are no gaps between

benefit payments so long as you send

us the information we need when we

ask for it.

This is the site.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/205791/pip-myth-buster.pdf

If you awarded PIP ?

Yes it will be back dated to the day your DLA was stopped....

If you're getting DLA and you're aged 16 to 64 on 8 April 2013, or you reach the age of 16 on or after this date, the DWP will eventually ask you to make a claim for PIP instead. This will happen even if you have an indefinite or lifetime award of DLA. You can't choose to go on getting DLA.
You won't get PIP automatically just because you qualify for DLA. You'll have to make a claim for it. If you don't claim when the DWP asks you to, your DLA payments will stop.
http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/benefits_e/benefits_sick_or_disabled_people_and_carers_ew/benefits_personal_independence_payment_e/benefits_pip_where_to_start_e/pip_if_you_are_getting_disability_living_allowance.htm Edited by 45002