Part-time work holiday entitlement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I've been working for my current employer for just over a year now - most of that time has been spent working 16 hours per week, but for the last two month I have been working anywhere between 24 and 40 hours per week. I have never been offered a written contract and my employer has always maintained that I am not entitled to any paid holidays as he considers me to be a casual worker who only works part-time. Looking over the government website though it seems that even when I was only working 16 hours per week I should be entitled to some days off. Would this be correct?

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/holiday-pay-the-basics

No fixed hours (ie casual work)A week’s holiday pay is the average pay a worker got over the previous 12 weeks (in which they were paid)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

Even tho you are casual worker you are still entitled to paid holidays - https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/holiday-pay-the-basics. There is always a contract between an employee and employer. You may not have anything in writing, but a contract will still exist. This is because your agreement to work for your employer and your employer’s agreement to pay you for your work forms a contract. Your employer does have to give you a written statement within two months of you starting work. The statement must contain certain terms and conditions.

https://www.gov.uk/holiday-entitlement-rights/holiday-pay-the-basics

No fixed hours (ie casual work)A week’s holiday pay is the average pay a worker got over the previous 12 weeks (in which they were paid)

Thanks for the link. According to that I am not a casual worker as I work the same fixed days every week (we agreed on the days before I started work).

Your employer does have to give you a written statement within two months of you starting work. The statement must contain certain terms and conditions.
Nope, none of the staff have ever had a written statement.

Sounds like an employer that will employ you for 23 months and then get rid of you so that you have no rights. Definitely taking advantage and hoping you will not cotton on to the annual leave issue.

well, it has to be one of these options. Unless you are self employed one must apply!

Working patternPayFixed hours and fixed pay (part time or full time)A week’s holiday pay equals how much a worker gets for a week’s work (excluding non-guaranteed overtime payments in most cases)Shift work with fixed hours (part time or full time)A week’s holiday pay equals the average number of weekly fixed hours a worker worked in the previous 12 weeks at their average hourly rateNo fixed hours (ie casual work)A week’s holiday pay is the average pay a worker got over the previous 12 weeks (in which they were paid)

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!