Sick while on Jobseekers Allowance

Alfie29
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3830 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm not very well and don't think I will be able to sign in 2mrow! :/

Does anyone know what I have to do please? Will I lose my 2weeks money?

Think I hav this stomach bug going round :(

Someone says ur covered for 14 days or something?

Thank u peeps!

Alf :)

RLP are a con PLEASE DON'T PAY THEM TO DO MORE! IGNORE ALL LETTERS AND CALLS! :)

You're entitled to declare up to two periods of sickness in any year of your claim, each of which can last up to 14 days. During a period of sickness you are exempted from jobseeking activities, including signing on.

You need to complete the (very simple) form JSA28 and get it back to your Jobcentre as soon as possible. The best way to get the form would be to ask a friend to collect one for you, but if that's not possible they can post one out to you. Also call the Jobcentre to let them know what's happening.

You will still receive your two weeks money, but it may be delayed as the Jobcentre can't release your payment until they get the form back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

be very careful about being sanctioned...plenty of stories around of people ringing up the jobcentre & told it's fine to miss the signing appt then being sanctioned for 4 weeks. give them any excuse under the current regime & they will sanction you. sanctioned people don't count in the unemployment figures...so if you can attend the jobcentre then try to do so.

be very careful about being sanctioned...plenty of stories around of people ringing up the jobcentre & told it's fine to miss the signing appt then being sanctioned for 4 weeks. give them any excuse under the current regime & they will sanction you. sanctioned people don't count in the unemployment figures...so if you can attend the jobcentre then try to do so.

You can't be sanctioned for non-attendance if the form JSA28 has been completed and returned.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

You can't be sanctioned for non-attendance if the form JSA28 has been completed and returned.

And given the DWP's canny knack of 'losing' letters and forms, you may not be actually sanctioned but you could well find yourself without any money for quite a few weeks until they eventually 'find' the JSA28 or get round to sending out a further form and waiting for it's return!

Mind you I do actually believe that the DWP's attitude is stop the money and sanction first then argue the toss if you did/didn't complete and send the form that went 'missing'.

I had a count up a few weeks ago over my ESA claim (yes I know that it isn't JSA). Over a period of 8 months 43 letters were sent to the DWP (Canterbury BDC), they replied to 1. Out of 51 telephone requests for a call back - none were received. They lost 7 MED3 forms, I had to complete 5 ESA application forms and they 'lost' a whole bundle of bank statements, pension policies, birth certificates, Council Tax invoices as well as invoices for work carried out to our home.

Edited by bedofweeds