Company Sick Pay, how it works???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3811 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I would like to ask for some more information about Company Sick Pay.

I am working on full time contract over 4 years (from 30.03.2009) and I am entitled to Company Sick Pay however I do not know haw it is working.

Terms and Conditions of Employment is saing:

"

Company Sick Pay

Your entitlement to sick pay is detailed below, all payments are at the discretion of local management and normal monthly pay will be made up after allowing for the Statutory Sick Pay.

Continuous Service - Entitlement

Less than 1 year - 10 days

1 year-3 years - 6 weeks

3 years plus - 12 weeks

Again your continuous service date is taken into consideration.

If on joining the organisation, you are in the possession of either a leaver's statement SSP (1) or a Form BF220 from your local DSS office it must be given to the Human Resources department at the earliest opportunity.

"

We can have 3 periods of sickness during rolling year and any more will couse a disciplinary acction but I do not know how it is related to Company Sick Pay, for example: If I am off sick 4th time in rolling year but it is my 3rd time from April

1. Is my Company Sick Pay entitlement renew every year (from April)? If "No" how it works?

Thanks for any help.

I believe they mean in a period of a year,

ie; go sick on three occasions one in apr, one in may and then one in june, you cannot then go sick again until the date of first sickness plus a year and so on.

Does that make sense, Can you not ask your manager to explain it.

Well i jest would like to know when my entitlement for Company sick pay will start and finish. I can be off sick 5 times during Rolling year and still recive Company sick pay (for example 5 times 4 days) but i do not know what will happen when i am off sick for 10 weeks now and if my entitlement start grom april i will recive full pay but IF it works in different way like Rolling year it will be my 4th period of sick and All together will be more than 12 weeks. So i just wonder when employer will stop pay company sick pay?

Hi,

I would like to ask for some more information about Company Sick Pay.

I am working on full time contract over 4 years (from 30.03.2009) and I am entitled to Company Sick Pay however I do not know haw it is working.

Terms and Conditions of Employment is saing:

"

Company Sick Pay

Your entitlement to sick pay is detailed below, all payments are at the discretion of local management and normal monthly pay will be made up after allowing for the Statutory Sick Pay.

Continuous Service - Entitlement

Less than 1 year - 10 days

1 year-3 years - 6 weeks

3 years plus - 12 weeks

Again your continuous service date is taken into consideration.

If on joining the organisation, you are in the possession of either a leaver's statement SSP (1) or a Form BF220 from your local DSS office it must be given to the Human Resources department at the earliest opportunity.

"

We can have 3 periods of sickness during rolling year and any more will couse a disciplinary acction but I do not know how it is related to Company Sick Pay, for example: If I am off sick 4th time in rolling year but it is my 3rd time from April

1. Is my Company Sick Pay entitlement renew every year (from April)? If "No" how it works?

Thanks for any help.

This should be detailed in your contract.

I'd try not to be sick. Likely you'll be dismissed during your probationary period if you are. Your question sounds like you are planning how much sick time you can get away with! If you aren't, just ask the boss.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

ah thank you HB

It really is best to ask the employer, most schemes have minor variations.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!

It also said " at the discretion of local management" so you may be given more than the formula suggests, although I have found this never happens.

This is why it is advisable to attend work when it is a minor aliment, in case something serious is around the corner.

If a pattern is forming, you can also be under investigation, ie every sickness appears on a Monday.

As Emmzzi said, don't use it as an entitlement.

Asking Your manager is not the best way as he will think the same as most of You that I am planning my sickness.

I just want to know how it works to make sure I will have enough money in case company will stop pay me for my sickness. I am currently 10 weeks off sick and still have got valid "Sick Note" for 4 more weeks.

Maybe Sickness benefits are paid upon your start date/anniversary not the date of your first sickness, IE you start at the company in May, are sick in Oct, Jan and Feb then your new sickness entitlement wont be until May again, the date of your start date, my company runs such sickness benefits, where's the first sickness means no investigation, the second neither and both are fully paid, up to the sickness entitlement, the third sickness results in a investigation and could lead to a verbal warning, however if the full sickness allowance/payment hasn't been used then payment is made, come May your start date, your full entitlement starts again, but the three sicknesses taken, don't fall off until Oct, Jan and Feb. Many companies are changing sickness entitlements/benefits so its always best to be keep informed of such changes, you can ask your HR department for a up-dated company hand book that will detail all entitlements within the company. Your wage slips will show how many weeks sickness you have had/taken if SSP has kicked in then you have used up your company entitlements.

!2 years Tesco distribution supervisor

7 years Sainsburys Transport Manager

4 Years housing officer ( Lettings )

Partner... 23 Years social services depts

All advice is given through own opition, also by seeking/searching info on behalf of poster, and own personnel dealings.